• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre Healey

/thread

Lets not forget the AG can still make your life miserable even if you are following the law.
Are there any good candidates that have a chance of contesting her in the next election cycle ? The last guy got obliterated.

Last edited:
I’ve been shooting my whole life. But always on private property with friends. It took joining a club and the action shooting community to meet the people you’re talking about. You also have to remember that within the firearms community there are divisions as to what should be legal. Just because they own a gun, doesn’t mean they support the 2nd. There are plenty of Joe Bidens at every club. I’m not giving up the name of my FFL unless I trust that person, and for me it’s a high bar.
With all the adversity and hardships I'm facing as a Mass gun owner, sadly my mindset is shifting towards that direction too. I dont want to be known as that "THAT GUY" who f***ed it up for the whole of the community. But being relatively new, as much as I see your point about high bars, I have higher hopes and faith in Americans that we will overcome this dumbass mindset of "guns are evil and only your dear overlords should possess them." Not saying this whole fiasco has done us any good, but I definitely see a silver lining. 2.3 million more guns in the hands of our fellow citizens. Not going to cure BIDENISM, but it's a start.

Let’s not forget that the savagery is happening every day, day after day, if you want lowers legally.... no secret handshake needed.
I know you guys probably hear it a lot but I havent seen it being said on this thread. Cant speak for everyone. But I'm going to ASSUME I do. Our hats off to you guys on the front lines. Thank you. You guys are f***ing rockstars. Literally fighting against tyranny.

Healey can revoke their ability to sell in Mass at her discretion just like the CLEOs of our licensing town/city can do the same with our LTCs. She doesnt need a legal precedent to do that here in Mass. Shes already done it 2 or 3 times.

The only way we could have won this was, if in the beginning, every FFL came together and fought back against her as a whole.
Caveat, I will assume the law matters for a moment by pretending I am not in MA...

Healey can't revoke the states dealers license. She can apply unlimited pressure but cannot revoke it.

MGL 140 122 says the licensing authority is the chief of police or designee
MGL 140 123 are the terms of the license
MGL 140 125 says the issuer can suspend/revoke after due process

So again, pretending that the law matters, only the chief of police can suspend/revoke and it follows due process. notification, chance to response, etc. Also the only reasons for suspension or revocation are violations of certain paragraphs in MGL 140 123

MGL 140 121 clearly defines assault weapon per federal law. To be an assault weapon it must be a rifle, pistol or shotgun and meet certain criteria. A frame is not any of these. It also clearly says it must be capable of firing a shot.

--- side note. I know from talking to local PD that if they get a person for illegal possession of a firearm (firearm, rifle, shotgun), that they send it to a state lab to test fire. if it does not fire, charges are dropped since no firearm...

So suspension/revocation must happen locally, according to the law. Belief still suspended

Now the AG can apply unlimited pressure. She can apply to the local PD to act. Lets again assume they stand up and don't take unlawful action.

The AG can then work on violations of 940CMR16. This is in their purview. This is the basis of their action against the gun parlor and the consent decree gun parlor signed (it was on the web and readable by everyone). gun parlor DID violate 940CMR16 and she used it as a bludgeon. 5K fines per violation. So come in, claim violation whether they exist or not. 5K per violation. prosecutor, judge and jury. Be ready to pay $100K or sign this consent decree. Give up your license or else.

So can the AG revoke, technically no. Can they get the same result? Likely. How deep are your pockets? How perfect are your records?

With all the adversity and hardships I'm facing as a Mass gun owner, sadly my mindset is shifting towards that direction too. I dont want to be known as that "THAT GUY" who f***ed it up for the whole of the community. But being relatively new, as much as I see your point about high bars, I have higher hopes and faith in Americans that we will overcome this dumbass mindset of "guns are evil and only your dear overlords should possess them." Not saying this whole fiasco has done us any good, but I definitely see a silver lining. 2.3 million more guns in the hands of our fellow citizens. Not going to cure BIDENISM, but it's a start.
Four Seasons wont sell lowers..... Isn't that the only gun shop in Massachusetts?

[laugh]
Sadly, most of those folks will tuck the gun away after this is all over and never look at it again . . . unless we have another crisis, rinse and repeat. They won't really be 2A advocates and will likely continue to vote Dem.

Also sadly >10 yrs ago Four Seasons wouldn't transfer lowers either. I was in the shop and when I left I headed to Collectors in Stoneham. One of Carl's employees left the shop and also headed over to Collectors and I saw him pick up an AR lower at Collectors.

Back
Top Bottom