Possible EOTech problems

Don't get too excited excited, there will likely be leaves on the tress again before you see that refund. From the sounds of it the number of unit being returned is far more than they thought

Mine was delivered to them yesterday. I don't care when I get the check, just as long as it is before EOTech, Inc. pulls a bankruptcy (they are part of L-3, but a separate corporation)!!

I just submitted mine. A little late but just hope for the best.

I didn't research, but is L3 honoring refund even the manufacturer date as old as 2007?

i want to see if i can duplicate some of the findings with mine. i have had times when i've set stuff up in the cold and gone "what the **** is wrong with me today? i'm a mile left/right/up/down", i've had other times where everything was fine. either way those kind of now-proven inconsistencies in a weapon sight are a no-go.
I had the same experience. Easier to blame myself than the $500 sight from a top-tier company.

That said, I'm keeping my (cheap) XPS2-RF.

How many of you submitting refunds were happy customers for years until this came out?
I suspect a lot of "happy customers" were secretly disappointed the drifting zero, didn't want to admit that their $$$ ultra-cool HWS was faulty.

Last edited:
What should I replace my 512 with?
How's the Aimpoint PRO?

I actually like my 512 (aside from severe delamination) but I have zero confidence they will be able to fix their design anytime soon. Sounds like a major redesign is required. I will put the Aimpoint Pro on. It's a reasonable compromise in terms of features, quality, price, etc.

(This assumes I get a refund and the check clears.)

How many of you submitting refunds were happy customers for years until this came out?

Me. Never really thought about how often I rezeroed compared to other sights.

How many people were happy Toyota owner until they found out the idiots don't know how to make a frame that doesn't rot out in 6 years

Also me....

Ive had the pro for a couple years and like it a lot for the price point. My Mro came in thursday and I swapped it on to my fun gun. You can see the diff in size. Was gonna go for a H1 but this showed a lot
of promise.

image.jpg

I'm really torn right now.... My Tavor is naked with the Eotech thatcwas on it on a USPS truck.... My next choice in optic was a Trijicon MRO which after some reading may be worse than an eotech

I sent USPS Priority Mail without insurance. I already pay for insurance on all my guns/accessories and it covers shipment as well, so why pay an unnecessary fee?

Tracking with Priority Mail told me that it got there, now it is EOTech's responsibility.

I sent USPS Priority Mail without insurance. I already pay for insurance on all my guns/accessories and it covers shipment as well, so why pay an unnecessary fee?

Tracking with Priority Mail told me that it got there, now it is EOTech's responsibility.

I got USPS insurance for the last time.... They won't you'll let me do it for more than $500 ( on a $600 optic) and I paid $8 for it. USPS sucks

I'm really torn right now.... My Tavor is naked with the Eotech thatcwas on it on a USPS truck.... My next choice in optic was a Trijicon MRO which after some reading may be worse than an eotech

I'm torn too. I have an expensive LaRue mount for my 512 that will be nearly impossible to sell now, and useless for anything else. Really bummed about this...[hmmm]

MRO issues (if any) are blown out of proportions from all the reading I have done. Based on size and functionality it seems promising. I may get one myself soon.

Anyone know if I can also return the G33 3x magnifier? Not really wanting to hang onto it if the red dot is going back

If purchased separately, no. If you got the package that included the sight, yes. That's what is being reported on arfcom.

What should I replace my 512 with?
How's the Aimpoint PRO?

I went with a pro. Ordered lastnight from lapolicegear.com coupon code lastmin15 15%off expires at midnight. Got the pro for 360 shipped. Looks like the code works site wide.

I went with a pro. Ordered lastnight from lapolicegear.com coupon code lastmin15 15%off expires at midnight. Got the pro for 360 shipped. Looks like the code works site wide.

That's a pretty sharp deal on a PRO. I dumped my 512 a little over a year ago, I wish I had held it and got more from Eotech than I got on the street. I like the MRO, and find it hard to imagine that Trijicon would put out a piece of shit, so I'm guessing the "issues" are aimpoint fanbois claiming their spot on top of the mountain

Did anybody receive a refund yet?

I suspect that this whole issue is much to "new" for them to react that fast by sending out checks. It was only late November when this thing blew up and people started demanding redress.

i haven't even received a response to my submission.

I submitted my request, waited a week and heard nothing, resubmitted and got an almost instant response (approval). If you've waited more than 4-5 business days, I'd do it again.

Back
Top Bottom