Possible EOTech problems

Just got an email back about the RMA request I submitted Tuesday. Sent an email w my receipt - we'll see what's next I guess.

So you zero at 68F, lower temp by 36F and it's off a FOOT at 100yds. That's pretty absurd.

I bought mine (a 512) in 2010 IIRC. I do not recall the temp I zeroed at but I can say that I have never had a problem hitting the gongs at 200 yards with my 16" carbine or my 11.5" "pistol" at any temperature. A 24" drift would surely be noticeable by me when trying to hit the gong at 200 (and I did shoot the 300yd gong when it was on my carbine).

Someone stated that they reduced the drift to something like 4MOA, which is more reasonable of a number.

I bought mine (a 512) in 2010 IIRC. I do not recall the temp I zeroed at but I can say that I have never had a problem hitting the gongs at 200 yards with my 16" carbine or my 11.5" "pistol" at any temperature. A 24" drift would surely be noticeable by me when trying to hit the gong at 200 (and I did shoot the 300yd gong when it was on my carbine).

Someone stated that they reduced the drift to something like 4MOA, which is more reasonable of a number.

none of this is an issue because if you shouldered that pistol with a brace on it the ATF is gonna throw you into PMITA prison.

I just wish a company made a sight that had the Eotech style reticle (dot + the 2.5MOA circle) with the battery life (or close to it) of an Aimpoint AND was considered "military grade."

And yes I know the "military grade" is a bit subjective in light of this...

I wouldn't have returned it just for the drift issue which was never a practical issue for me. The delamination was a problem though.

none of this is an issue because if you shouldered that pistol with a brace on it the ATF is gonna throw you into PMITA prison.

"No comment"

94694_lhfievvxymq42bd.jpg

I just wish a company made a sight that had the Eotech style reticle (dot + the 2.5MOA circle) with the battery life (or close to it) of an Aimpoint AND was considered "military grade."

Meprolight 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure the EoTech is a 1 moa dot and a 65 moa donut.

Either way, I got a RA number for a refund 1 day after I submitted my request.

The answer to your EoTech problems really does come in an Aimpoint box.

Anyone got their refund check yet? Eotech received my sights this week. I wonder how long it'd be before I find the refund check in the mail.

Think originally they were expecting 4-6wks. Eotech is getting swormed with returns so who knows the time tables.

This may be a dumb question,but for those going through this process, do they require an original purchase receipt? I know I don't have mine anymore, so am I s.o.l.?

Ok, I tried to find something on their website about returning these, but only found the RMA link for returning a sight that failed. What do you list as the reason for returning it? I couldn't find any links for requesting a refund for this issue being discussed.

Ok, I tried to find something on their website about returning these, but only found the RMA link for returning a sight that failed. What do you list as the reason for returning it? I couldn't find any links for requesting a refund for this issue being discussed.

Just list refund and the amount you paid to expedite the refund in the reason for return.

I just put "Parallax and zero drift issues". I got an email the next day requesting how much $$$ I was requesting for a refund for my EXPS3. I put what they're currently selling for, $629. RA approved.

As stated above by Peterthefish, put you're requesting a refund of $XXX to speed things along.

Just list refund and the amount you paid to expedite the refund in the reason for return.

I just put "Parallax and zero drift issues". I got an email the next day requesting how much $$$ I was requesting for a refund for my EXPS3. I put what they're currently selling for, $629. RA approved.

As stated above by Peterthefish, put you're requesting a refund of $XXX to speed things along.

Great info, thanks guys! I will have to search for how much the 512 sold for a few year back because I honestly don't remember what I paid. I think it was around $400 or so.

Anyone know if I can also return the G33 3x magnifier? Not really wanting to hang onto it if the red dot is going back

I wasn't asked for cost or receipts. Perhaps they did that initially and once they got inundated, they stopped that practices? No idea. They just asked me to put their Email in the box with the sight and ship it back to them. So that is exactly what I did, nothing more. We'll see how long it takes, I figure a couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom