American tourist facing possible 12-year prison sentence after ammo found in luggage in Turks and Caicos

Fired my AK on Sunday, didn't see these until Monday afternoon. Imagine if I got pulled over for something in MAView attachment 875692View attachment 875691
MA laws are just cartoon satire at this point. You could really mess someone you didn't like up real good if you sprinkled some 22LR spent shells in his hoodie or whatever pocket and then rat him out to the cops 'we got a MAN WITH A GUN'. Assuming the guy doesn't have an LTC, 25 years in prison.

So, you expect the U.S President to call a country and threaten them to change their laws so a person that had ammo can come home?

Please, tell me no Americans were imprisoned overseas for stupid sh*t such as having weed or a few rounds while a Republican was President.
You lump T&C in with countries like Russia and the DPRK? Funny.

It takes a phone call. Remember Turkey all posturing up to kill the Kurds? Someone got a phone call. This is small potatoes.

You lump T&C in with countries like Russia and the DPRK? Funny.

It takes a phone call. Remember Turkey all posturing up to kill the Kurds? Someone got a phone call. This is small potatoes.
If your president has to make a phone call to get You released.. over something this trivial, then that phone call is landing in a shithole country. Same shit happens to Americans in Mexico all the time.

If your president has to make a phone call to get You released.. over something this trivial, then that phone call is landing in a shithole country. Same shit happens to Americans in Mexico all the time.
How does this become an international incident? It is small scale stuff... unless you're the guy locked up. But this is BS and it should be called out. There's a reason why Xi did not keep that idiot Ball from UCLA. It wasn't worth it to him... meaning he wanted to get things done with Trump and it was worth it for him to just give us back our Low IQ college BB player. Biden can end this with a phone call. But the first thing KJP did, if she knows how to use a computer, probably doesn't, is look up his facebook and social media to see if he is an enemy of communism. And that, unfortunately will be the determining factor in how long this guy languishes down there.

My whole point is that everyone thinks they can get something out of holding a US citizen... legally or not... we are fair game and this guy should have done better. It shouldn't even take a phone call.

Last edited:
I remember when I was going through the training for the Seabrook Power plant armed security. They drilled it into us about the zero tolerance policy for any blacklisted items coming into the plant, as well as no guns or ammo even in your car in the parking lot.

Well Ofcourse one kid got jammed up hard going through the metal.detector going into the plant for a loose round of 5.56 in his bag.

It was the same type of thing - he had no idea it was in there, he just grabbed the bag because he left his other one in his girls car or whatever.

Shit happens if your not 100% on checking and clearing anything.

Metal detectors is a nuclear site thing? For my field service job I visited an Army base, the shipyard in Portsmouth, and some explosives site in New York, none of them had metal detectors. The nuclear site I visited had them though.

A person I know, unknowingly, flew to one of the islands with ammo, in the carry on. Didn't know he had the ammo with him until he was in the hotel. He dumped it in the ocean.

I am pretty sure the punishment would have been greater than your 30 round mag in NJ. Therefore, you have been one-upped.

I don’t think you can one-up someone with someone you know.

“I met Keanu Reeves in a bar!”

“Oh yeah? I know someone who knows Kevin Bacon.”

Doesn’t work.

Metal detectors is a nuclear site thing? For my field service job I visited an Army base, the shipyard in Portsmouth, and some explosives site in New York, none of them had metal detectors. The nuclear site I visited had them though.
They have checkpoints before you enter the main facility, you run your bag through and they take it very seriously.

I worked at a prison for 20 years and after retirement I immediately started at the Power Plant and I can tell you that they are 1000% more squared away than the prison I worked at ever was, they do NOT play, I'm talking very strict protocols there, I lasted a month and a half and was all set lol

I'm surprised the Navy Yard doesn't have them

I don’t think you can one-up someone with someone you know.

“I met Keanu Reeves in a bar!”

“Oh yeah? I know someone who knows Kevin Bacon.”

Doesn’t work.
In this particular case I think a lot of folks here are not willing to throw themselves under the bus in public at least but like it's kind of crazy I could probably sit down with most of the people on this forum and then do a brainstorming exercise and then discuss all the gun felonies that they've committed over the past years most of which they probably have done so without thinking about it or because some exigent circumstance forced them to do it.

I'll give another fun example like I have a client who has a few handguns and has a license. Well at one point his ops manager borrowed one of his biss's cars and found a bag of guns just in the back seat with no lock or anything on it.... but thankfully he also has an LTC but in either cases they were obviously was the storage violation BS that owner exposed them to unknowingly. The guy who found the bag knows that I'm a gun guy and texted me he's like "mike get a load of this so-and-so left a f***ing bag of guns in his car will you talk to him at some point and try to talk some sense into him?" Etc. 🤣

it's also funny when I talk to like these Pious sanctimonious types that are always like sucking the dick of preban or prehealey or whatever and I can probably figure out how many felonies they've already committed without thinking about it..... because the law sucks so much it's trivially easy to break them without even thinking about it

Last edited:
They have checkpoints before you enter the main facility, you run your bag through and they take it very seriously.

I worked at a prison for 20 years and after retirement I immediately started at the Power Plant and I can tell you that they are 1000% more squared away than the prison I worked at ever was, they do NOT play, I'm talking very strict protocols there, I lasted a month and a half and was all set lol

The more secure area of the Navy yard may have them, I didn’t go there.

Here’s any example of what could have gone wrong:

We plan to head to the Bahamas early morning on Wednesday. We’re sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to West End.

The Bahamas limits us to 250 rounds of ammunition per gun, limit 3 guns with calibers no larger than .308.

I had too much ammunition so I got on the cruisers net when we were in Marathon in the Keys to give away 50 rounds of 380 auto. I had 300
total with 12 rounds in 2 sig magazines. I was planning to empty the mags and put the 12 rounds back in the 50 round box but I apparently hadn’t done it yet.

I was super busy with a warrantee repair on our boat and I went to shore to pick up the mechanic and I grabbed a box out of the pelican case and told my wife when a guy comes by to give him the box.

Then this thread was started and I woke up the following morning and wondered if I had emptied the two mags and put the round back in the box. I suspected the the box felt light but I was in a hurry and it didn’t register.

Anyway the mags were still loaded and I had given the guy in Marathon 38 rounds instead of a full box of 50, which means I was headed to the Bahamas with 262 rounds instead of the allowed 250.

Mistakes can be made.

The only redeeming factor is that a friend is planning to sail over with us and I was going to open the pelican case and have him count the ammo to be sure. We would have found out then that I had too much ammo.

I feel bad that I shorted the guy 12 rounds.

Tuna at Law says that all you need to do is say you were a lesbian basketball player on the way to a lesbian soccer match and thought you were bringing weed.

Charges dropped.

Tuna at Law says that all you need to do is say you were a lesbian basketball player on the way to a lesbian soccer match and thought you were bringing weed.

Charges dropped.
No, in that case the feds will actually go to town and trade a real criminal for you.

But, these aren't members of at least two favored classes each, so no negotiation for you!

I travel a fair amount both domestic and internationally (building surveyor) and this sort of thing is my nightmare. I have a bunch of equipment to worry about dealing with, let alone a loose round somewhere in my carry on. A few years ago I started using dedicated bags for the range and for travel..after a quick look before heading into logan I found a loaded mag in my daily bag from the range the day before. I usually don’t even double check but glad I did that day. Lesson learned

I have separate bags for range use only that I never use for anything else and bags that are used for other things that never go near anything firearms related for this exact reason. That being said screw Turks and Caicos for throwing the book at tourists who made a mistake. Go ahead and fine them and deport them but posturing with the 12 year minimum sentence threat is ridiculous. I'll never go to that irrelevant island shithole on principle. They don't deserve a penny of our tourism money.

I suggest you consider carefully because you probably won't be leaving America, by that standard. If you think that a bunch of other countries won't go full retard on this then I have a nice bridge to sell you you might as well boycott them all.... which is fine.... :)
Fair point. It just seems they are turning the screws as hard as they can on this guy...for some rounds of ammo in a baggie.[thinking] It's not like he was attempting to willfully smuggle a gun onto the island.

Fair point. It just seems they are turning the screws as hard as they can on this guy...for some rounds of ammo in a baggie.[thinking] It's not like he was attempting to willfully smuggle a gun onto the island.
That's true but I guess the point I'm trying to make is all of these countries are run by people who are gun hating faggots.... and they nearly all believe that anyone with gun stuff is some kind of criminal and not just some average guy/lady who made a mistake.

Here’s any example of what could have gone wrong:

We plan to head to the Bahamas early morning on Wednesday. We’re sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to West End.

The Bahamas limits us to 250 rounds of ammunition per gun, limit 3 guns with calibers no larger than .308.

I had too much ammunition so I got on the cruisers net when we were in Marathon in the Keys to give away 50 rounds of 380 auto. I had 300
total with 12 rounds in 2 sig magazines. I was planning to empty the mags and put the 12 rounds back in the 50 round box but I apparently hadn’t done it yet.

I was super busy with a warrantee repair on our boat and I went to shore to pick up the mechanic and I grabbed a box out of the pelican case and told my wife when a guy comes by to give him the box.

Then this thread was started and I woke up the following morning and wondered if I had emptied the two mags and put the round back in the box. I suspected the the box felt light but I was in a hurry and it didn’t register.

Anyway the mags were still loaded and I had given the guy in Marathon 38 rounds instead of a full box of 50, which means I was headed to the Bahamas with 262 rounds instead of the allowed 250.

Mistakes can be made.

The only redeeming factor is that a friend is planning to sail over with us and I was going to open the pelican case and have him count the ammo to be sure. We would have found out then that I had too much ammo.

I feel bad that I shorted the guy 12 rounds.
What are you doing with 250 rounds in Bahamas?

Navy Yard (DC) doesn't have detectors because they don't want to be inconvenienced by then nor do they want to pay to man them.

Ship yards don't have metal detectors because everyone is carrying multiple tools and wearing steel toes.

Aaron Alexis had a psychotic episode at the Newport base before shooting up the Navy Yard, dealing with it was too much paperwork to deal with for a temporary person. Wasn't his first dance with violent crazy.
Normalcy bias leads us to be complacent

If they’re free on bail… just in the island, then perhaps their families can hire an extraction team like that Nissan executive in Japan.
Or he can lay on the beach, enjoy some happy hour rum swizzles, attend his hearing before the magistrate and then pay a hefty fine before he leaves for home

Or he can lay on the beach, enjoy some happy hour rum swizzles, attend his hearing before the magistrate and then pay a hefty fine before he leaves for home

… except they got rid of the fines and established a 12 year mandatory minimum sentence if convicted.

f*** missing your child growing up while being stuck in a shit hole Caribbean jail for 12 years.

Back
Top Bottom