Possible EOTech problems

Has anyone done their own tests to verify this? I find it a bit curious that until recently, I don't really recall anyone complaining about their Eotechs being way off from one day to the next based on weather. I've had a 512 for almost 6 years now without noticing a zero issue. When I get back stateside I'll have to go out on a cold day. The last two times I shot with it, it was right on. I'll have to see if I'm now off. I just can't imagine there being such huge differences based on what I'm now reading, though I don't think I've ever shot it in subzero temperatures. That is scary bad, what they are saying.

Well, the report linked above says that not a single EoTech ever even passed their own internal testing of zero drift. So, I'm guessing that means yes, every single one has this problem.

I just pulled mine out of my safe a few hours ago. It's not yet four years old, and the right half of the lens is so delaminated that I need to turn the power all the way up to see the reticle at all, which makes it overly bright on the left half.

Sent in a request for a refund. The rifle this thing is on had probably been out a dozen times.

Just got my return authorization. Real fast and easy. Only reason I gave for the return was "Parallax and zero drift", then they just wanted to know how much I paid and from where. I'll mail the sight to them tomorrow. This must be pretty routine for them by now, so hopefully my refund and shipping reimbursement is just as quick.

Did you have to provide a receipt?

Just received mine back today from repair. No explanation as to what was done. Reticle is bright and clear like brand new again. I guess I also had the delamination issue. I just didn't know it. I said I had reticle fade. Sent in a new RA for refund yesterday and have not received a response.

Did you have to provide a receipt?
No. They said to provide one if possible. I ordered mine off Amazon, so I had easy access to an invoice.

This is basically what they were looking for...

In order to process your refund request we will need you to supply the amount you are requesting. Also, the place of purchase and a receipt, if available.

Not that surprising in one way. Looks like the thermal shift issue is most severe at 30 degree and lower temps. How often are these sights actually used in those conditions?

What surprised me is that the military clearly either lacked the equipment or desire to verify these sights actually met specifications. What's the point of having a spec if you don't do acceptance testing?!
If you only knew the shenanigans that go on when 'it only fails in "extremely unlikely" circumstances.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

Just received mine back today from repair. No explanation as to what was done. Reticle is bright and clear like brand new again. I guess I also had the delamination issue. I just didn't know it. I said I had reticle fade. Sent in a new RA for refund yesterday and have not received a response.

what did you submit as a reason for the refund? just curious because i'd dump mine given all the goings-on with the lawsuits and such.

that was extremely helpful. chow on a bag of dicks at your earliest possible convenience.

mentioning the lawsuits would most likely mean i've already researched the reason behind the lawsuits, yes?

Then click on the first ****ing result and read the instructions on how to request a refund.

Apparently you can lead a hun to water but can't make them drink. Merry Christmas.

9f056ad11c0f1c4c20ca08fec5a63eca.jpg

Then click on the first ****ing result and read the instructions on how to request a refund.

Apparently you can lead a hun to water but can't make them drink. Merry Christmas.

i'm actually just going to buy another eotech. i don't even need a refund anymore, and it's all because of you. give me all the inferior weapon sights.

what did you submit as a reason for the refund? just curious because i'd dump mine given all the goings-on with the lawsuits and such.
In the Failure Description field, all I wrote was...

"Parallax and zero shift issues."

Kept it simple with no ranting. They know what's up, no need to rub their faces in it.

Then they responded wanting to know how much I paid, where I purchased it, and a reciept... only if possible. Not sure what happens if not possible, but I'm guessing it's honor system (I've seen people on other forums say they'll just give you MSRP if you have nothing).

I put $629 (theyll add $15 to cover shipping) and a copy of the Amazon invoice.

Pretty painless although inconvenient purchasing something you though was solid, but a full refund makes it a bit better.

In the Failure Description field, all I wrote was...

"Parallax and zero shift issues."

Kept it simple with no ranting. They know what's up, no need to rub their faces in it.

Then they responded wanting to know how much I paid, where I purchased it, and a reciept... only if possible. Not sure what happens if not possible, but I'm guessing it's honor system (I've seen people on other forums say they'll just give you MSRP if you have nothing).

I put $629 (theyll add $15 to cover shipping) and a copy of the Amazon invoice.

Pretty painless although inconvenient purchasing something you though was solid, but a full refund makes it a bit better.

thanks. [cheers]

It seems that you don't need much of an excuse. They are finally coming around to realizing that they are screwed.

Further reading of the lawsuit, it does not appear that they ever really fixed the problems. It was a massive cover-up by the president of the company. The co-founder argued for immediate disclosure and the president personally ruled to keep it secret, eventually firing the co-founder. The more I read, the deeper the cover-up and outright fraud seems to be.

It seems that you don't need much of an excuse. They are finally coming around to realizing that they are screwed.

Further reading of the lawsuit, it does not appear that they ever really fixed the problems. It was a massive cover-up by the president of the company. The co-founder argued for immediate disclosure and the president personally ruled to keep it secret, eventually firing the co-founder. The more I read, the deeper the cover-up and outright fraud seems to be.

I think it's always important to keep in mind that a legal complaint is about as one sided as it gets. It certainly appears damning, but I'm sure the truth is still somewhere in the middle.

I think it's always important to keep in mind that a legal complaint is about as one sided as it gets. It certainly appears damning, but I'm sure the truth is still somewhere in the middle.

Read the complaint. Usually I'd agree with you but they have written Emails and testimony backing up the accusations of a cover-up going back to 2006-7.

Read the complaint. Usually I'd agree with you but they have written Emails and testimony backing up the accusations of a cover-up going back to 2006-7.

I read it. And what's missing is anything EOTech may have done to manage the thermal drift issue. It went from 20 MOA in the complaint to +\- 4 MOA today from one extreme to another.

Moreover, while delamination remains a problem, it's not an overnight issue. If EOTech was warranty fixing delaminated scopes, from a commercial buyer perspective, not a huge deal.

Finally, there was a paucity of information on how USGOV accepted products that completely failed to make spec. I recently was involved in a situation where a client paid out 6 figures on behalf of .gov because their acceptance procedures on a project they subbed for Uncle Sam were "inadequate". Pot, kettle, all that...

Mine shipped out this morning. I already own an Aimpoint Pro but wanted an alternative to EOtech and Aimpoint. Ordered up a Trijicon MRO last night.

Got mine back yesterday. Got email approving refund and address to send sight in for refund plus 15 dollars shipping today. I told them I paid 500. They never asked for receipt or anything else. It's going back. I just hope refund is quick and not drawn out for months.

I'm still waiting for them to approve the refund. I might replace it with a vortex strike eagle. Anyone try one yet?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I filled out the form on line and submitted it 2 days ago and have not received a reply yet with the return authorization #.

I setup one on my buddy's rifle. Seems like a good piece for the money. Its a little longer than my pst 1-4x. Haven't shot it yet but the reticle seems decent.

Got mine back yesterday. Got email approving refund and address to send sight in for refund plus 15 dollars shipping today. I told them I paid 500. They never asked for receipt or anything else. It's going back. I just hope refund is quick and not drawn out for months.

So buy up all the EOTechs on eBay and return them?

i submitted a claim for my 512 and 552, no response yet. need to dig up a set of rear irons for my 5.56 SBR, there's not enough real estate for the old eotechs and a BUIS after switching to the magpul SL handguards since they don't have the notch the old ones did for the donkey dick containing the batteries on the end of the eotech.

Back
Top Bottom