• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weatherby accuracy problems

Gentleman, an update on my rifle. I bought a box of Hammer bullets 150 grain, loaded it with H1000 powder, a fed mag lg rifle primer, coal of 3.115 inches per weatherby forum recommendations. Shot today had a 1/2 inch cloverleaf group at 100 yds. Going to play with seating depth and see if I can get to one hole. Thanks to everyone for listening and thoughts, it helped me sort through a ton of problems, think I’m on the right track now

Gentleman, an update on my rifle. I bought a box of Hammer bullets 150 grain, loaded it with H1000 powder, a fed mag lg rifle primer, coal of 3.115 inches per weatherby forum recommendations. Shot today had a 1/2 inch cloverleaf group at 100 yds. Going to play with seating depth and see if I can get to one hole. Thanks to everyone for listening and thoughts, it helped me sort through a ton of problems, think I’m on the right track now

Outstanding.

Congrats on your diligence. Sounds like it paid off.

I was blown away using the hammer bullets, first load was using h4350 powder and all four shots were vertical and touching each other. Let barrel cool off and loaded H1000 and had four in a clover leaf 1/2 inch group. I have tried Speer, Hornady, Nosler Seirra different weights powders primers and never got even close to a group like this. Needless to say I have ordered another box of bullets. Now playing with the seating depth. Big sigh of relief. ps shoulder is tender, but shooting skills stood the test.

Back
Top Bottom