Possible EOTech problems

Received this, this morning, Sight sent in week before Christmas.

Dear ,

Your product has been received and reviewed by EOTech and your refund is being processed. You will be updated by e-mail in the near future regarding check processing.

Thank You,

EOTech

I guess, at least now I have confirmation that they "have" my sight and I have an email stating what I was getting for that sight.....

I still have zero confidence I will see anything before there are leaves on the trees again

Did you guys get the confirmation email after contacting Eotech for a status update? Or did they generate it on their own? Mine was delivered on 12/11 and I hear nothing but crickets.

Woke up and saw the email, sent all on their own. I have no unreasonable expectations so I didn't contact them because I am not butt hurt.

Received this today to:

Your product has been received and reviewed by EOTech and your refund is being processed. You will be updated by e-mail in the near future regarding check processing.

Thank You,

EOTech

Received this today to:

Thank You,

EOTech

Same e mail rec'd this morning. Sent mine back 11DEC. I guess it is nice they sent it to me, but I would have rather them spend the time it took drafting and sending me an e mail on processing my refund ... I paid for tracking- I knew they got it!

No hurry...did not/am not expecting anything for a while. I have a Form 1 and an Eotech return in the oven and I view both the same.

Same here. Out of the blue, an e-mail "Eotech product received".
The problem is, I sent two products, in two separate boxes, on two separate RMAs.
So... I now wonder... Did they receive one and lost the other (more expensive one, as Murphy would have it)?

A few years ago I bought an EOTech, and it broke, one of the mirrors inside just slid off its mount. I opened it up and
the silicone rubber adhesive or whatever it was they used had not been fully cured or something, it was just gooey.

I called them up and they sent me a replacement, no questions asked. I even asked if they wanted the old one back, but they didn't... I am assuming they knew about this problem too...

Well the president eventually admitted that they knew about the problems since 2006. Sadly they also admit that they don't have a solution to either problem.

Got an email too:

Dear Artifact,

Your payment has been received and we are processing your order. You will enjoy your new Aimpoint for many years to come.

Thank you,

LaRue Tactical

On a serious note it sucks that you guys have to wait and I am sure eonontech will reimburse each and everyone of you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It does suck but if they come through with a full refund, you can't ask for more than that.

Got an email too:

Dear Artifact,

Your payment has been received and we are processing your order. You will enjoy your new Aimpoint for many years to come.

Thank you,

LaRue Tactical

On a serious note it sucks that you guys have to wait and I am sure eonontech will reimburse each and everyone of you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Article in Military.com on EOTech from SHOT

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/01/21/eotech-breaks-silence-over-defective-sights.html?ESRC=dod-bz.nl

My favorite bit:

"We are trying to educate consumers and dealers on where we stand with our performance," he [John Bailey, EOTech Marketing Director] said. "Before you would make any harsh choices where you remove the optic, think about what you would replace it with."

I did think about what to replace it with - might have take all of 1.5 seconds to come up with an answer.
[rofl]

EOTech may well be finished as a brand. Their reputation has been destroyed by this and the fact the the issue is inherent in the holographic sight design itself certainly doesn't help them since there is no quick fix. They are going to try hard PR to mitigate damage, but the funny part is they are giving out full refunds on their products at the same time. For those who don't care but own these sights, my only advice is don't put it on a defensive weapon. Otherwise I'd say just give in and get your money back. You've been lied to by a dishonest company.

Back
Top Bottom