Possible EOTech problems

Are they still taking returns, or was there a small window for that? I'm personally still on the fence because it's always been dead on for me, and I don't plan to head into Arctic temp ranges to shoot anyway, which seems to be the problem with these. I also have over $200 just between the LaRue QR mount and GG&G flip caps which will likely not have much, if any market for resale now, and given the fact they are specific to that optic, they would go completely to waste.

Are they still taking returns, or was there a small window for that? I'm personally still on the fence because it's always been dead on for me, and I don't plan to head into Arctic temp ranges to shoot anyway, which seems to be the problem with these. I also have over $200 just between the LaRue QR mount and GG&G flip caps which will likely not have much, if any market for resale now, and given the fact they are specific to that optic, they would go completely to waste.

I'm pretty sure that they are still taking returns. Just be prepared for a long wait.

My problem with EOTech is that they knew about it and lied. It goes right up my ass when companies pull that shit, and this is particularly true with a product that people bet their lives on.

Even though mine seemed to hold zero I had zero confidence that would be true in the future. And returning it for full refund gave me a chance to stick it to them for their behavior.

As far as I know, they're still taking returns. If that's the path you want to go, just put in an RA request and see what happens.

My biggest problem was not the zero shift issue, but the noticeable parallax. That's not what I paid $629 for.

Send in a request for refund and see what you get back. That's what all of us did.

I guess you don't shoot in the cold Winter weather? The claim of drifting off 6" at 32F and not resetting when you get back into warm weather is to me very disturbing. I won't shoot outdoors in sub-zero weather for fun, but certainly will in 32F weather. YMMV

Yes, they are taking returns, but no one had received a refund check yet. Who can guarantee, they won't file for bancruptcy and we never see our money?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

EOTech may well be finished as a brand. Their reputation has been destroyed by this and the fact the the issue is inherent in the holographic sight design itself certainly doesn't help them since there is no quick fix. They are going to try hard PR to mitigate damage, but the funny part is they are giving out full refunds on their products at the same time. For those who don't care but own these sights, my only advice is don't put it on a defensive weapon. Otherwise I'd say just give in and get your money back. You've been lied to by a dishonest company.

There's a reason the military doesn't use them, and this is it. They may have an NSN for them, might even had used them early on, but not for most troops for a while now.

There's your reasons I have an Aimpoint and an ACOG (TA-31F). For this type of usage I'd buy them again, too.

Well, I'm halfway there, already own an ACOG, and sent back an EOTech.

I bought that one in 09, and looking back over the time I used it I'm pretty sure about half the times I'd check the zero it'd need adjustment. It saw temperature swings regularly,too. Disappointed I didn't pick up on that myself. More rezeroing than any optic I spent more than 75 bucks on.

Yes, they are taking returns, but no one had received a refund check yet. Who can guarantee, they won't file for bancruptcy and we never see our money?

They apparently had a big presence at 2016 Shot Show and were full of claims that drift is present in every optic, it was only evident in extreme conditions, and our customers are happy because we are communicating. Their version of a Mea Culpa. Dir of Marketing did state they are offering refunds to dissatisfied customers.

They still have a product line of thermal and night vision devices so they aren't going anywhere.

They apparently had a big presence at 2016 Shot Show and were full of claims that drift is present in every optic, it was only evident in extreme conditions, and our customers are happy because we are communicating. Their version of a Mea Culpa. Dir of Marketing did state they are offering refunds to dissatisfied customers.

They still have a product line of thermal and night vision devices so they aren't going anywhere.

Yeah, that's what, like 10% of their revenue? [laugh]

If Eotech doesn't do something to fix the design flaw, they'll be gone in a year- If their flagship products are going to do the same bullshit that the chinese optics do from the gun show for a third of the price, people will stop buying the real deal. The whole point of stuff at that grade is to NOT have stuff like that happen.

-Mike

L3 won't be going anywhere.... EOTech as a sub brand might. Weather or not that have refunded all the people (like myself) who have sent them their sight in return for a promised refund before they close their doors remains to be seen

Send in a request for refund and see what you get back. That's what all of us did.

I guess you don't shoot in the cold Winter weather? The claim of drifting off 6" at 32F and not resetting when you get back into warm weather is to me very disturbing. I won't shoot outdoors in sub-zero weather for fun, but certainly will in 32F weather. YMMV

I suppose it can't hurt to put in the request and see what happens. It would suck if they filed bankruptcy or something and we never got our refunds or optics back though. To answer your question, yes, I do shoot outdoors through the winter, just not as frequently as in nicer weather, but I've never noticed a change in zero. 6" is huge, so I definitely would've noticed that. Still don't know what to do with the accessories though. Seems like those won't have a market anymore.[angry]

I'm not sure how reliable this info is, but FYI.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/02/03/eotech-refund-update-2/

EOTech Refund Update

We’ve received similar reports from multiple sources so we feel comfortable sharing this info regarding refunds for EOTech Holographic Weapon Sights.
The refunds will be in the form of a check, processing has been outsourced due to so many returns, and the checks will be sent out within the next two weeks. Also, there should be a phone number to deal specifically with return issues. Once we have it, we’ll share it.

12728992_792775264184512_2323208128457117529_n.jpg

]

Found out yesterday my rebate from my Burris XTR II scope from last year is on its way as well.... Looks like I'll have have a nice $750 to play with between the two

Mine was rec'd 12/14.

1 888 eotholo. It's option 3

theyll ask for name, address, email and phone #

thanks bro.

Eotech is sub quality stuff. is that what we learned from this post?

i suppose you could say that. generally people won't notice as they will go and pop off 20 rounds when it's 75 degrees out and then let the rifle collect dust. people who take their rifles out and run them hard will notice problems, the military would definitely have problems.

respek knuckles for L3 to make it right, but then i pull the respek knuckles away at the last moment because they knew about the issues for a long time and concealed it from the public. they are only sorry because they got caught.

I'm glad the refund checks are finally being sent out. This should put to rest to all the conspiracy theories of EOTech keeping all the returned sights until it can file for bankruptcy and screwing people out of their refund and not returning the sights.

Back
Top Bottom