Possible EOTech problems

But my statement is still true though. which one of you will use it in extreme temperature?

Since I sighted in my former EOTech in the Summer (~70F) and the next time I would have used it might be this upcoming Saturday when the high temp is expected to be ~18F and EOTech admitted that it drifts 6" (and never recovers) at 32F at 100 yds, I might well be missing my target. If I wanted junk I would have spent no more than $50 for a sight, but when advertised specs are fraudulent (they admitted knowing the probems since 2006, and they don't have a fix for it) everyone here has a right to be angry and concerned.

Now as others said, since you have nothing intelligent to add to this discussion, please just leave.

28d33fbcdb8470afd4f42c0e44403d73.jpg

Not mine. A few guys on arfcom posted their checks

It will amount to epic butthurt for the share holders but will probably pale in comparison to a class action suit.

My considerations in current ranking order are as follows.

Aimpoint Pro. (My only issue is the weight)
Trijicon MRO. (The first batch we had at the shop werent so good.... The second batch was better, but I still see magnification )
Meprolight Tru-Dot. (I like almost everything except for the warranty and sonecearly complaints about battery issues)
Aimpoint H-1. (What I want, but not what I want to spend)

Yes - I've got one work Eotech returned that will turn into a PRO. Not sure what I'm doing with mine yet, though.

$360 is a good price, if you remember where??

This guy posted it, but I can't find it now. I think it might have been PSA.

https://www.facebook.com/Mrgunsngear/?fref=ts

All he does is post deals when they pop up. Sometimes too good to say no to.

I like that idea! The good people of eotech sent me $950. Now i have to see if the leftover magnifier will line up with the aimpoint pro.

Thats exactly what i want to know.. i have the magnifier and the eotech nightvision comapatible. Dont remeber the model off hand..
I was so happy when i got it, and i revert back to irons for any range over 100yards.. i wasnt even aware of these issue when i have all but stop using it.

I still like the eotech for under 100 yards but thats not exactly what i bought it for.i hate that i cant get reimbursed for both items. I would never have bought thier magnifier to use with anothe brand optic.

I should take it out to the 300 yard range when its sub zero the next few day and see how bad it really is.

I have their magnifier. In theory it should line up fine if the dot is setup the same (absolute or lower 1/3 cowitness). I'll put the EOTech magnifier on with my SPARC and see what happens.

lots of dudes are keeping their optics, put the magnifiers up for sale now while you still can get some cash for them. eventually the market is gonna get flooded with them from dudes who returned their sights and are stuck with the magnifiers and they'll be selling for pennies.

My claim# is 755 and I got approval within a week of the returns going public. I can see why they left so much room in the claim box.

Eotech is sub quality stuff. is that what we learned from this post?

Some of us have known that for a few years now.

people who take their rifles out and run them hard will notice problems, the military would definitely have problems.

We did, that's why we dumped them a long time ago. I was still serving then.

I mean people in this forum. who will use it in -60F?

At -60, not many, down to -40, some of us would. I've done -40, but the M16A1 I was carrying wore just irons at the time. Nez Rouge '86, up in the Gaspe.

ed and i both have. rain, snow, night shooting, etc. that's why we're dumping on you right now.

And, they certainly aren't the only ones. Though I use an Aimpoint and an ACOG, I've used them to -20, and the EOTech zero problem shows up by +32. I didn't get a choice on which I used, and if we were using EOTechs at the time, then that's what I'd be using. And, we were on the pop-up range that weekend, and camped in the cold (expandable tent). I was lucky, up in the tower running the computer, the guys were shooting.

I just found this thread by accident and glad I did. Just sent in my request for return authorization.

My considerations in current ranking order are as follows.

Aimpoint Pro. (My only issue is the weight)
Trijicon MRO. (The first batch we had at the shop werent so good.... The second batch was better, but I still see magnification )
Meprolight Tru-Dot. (I like almost everything except for the warranty and sonecearly complaints about battery issues)
Aimpoint H-1. (What I want, but not what I want to spend)

I haven't noticed the drift issue but I also haven't used my Eotech much (nor have I done any accuracy testing in different temps).

I like the fact that the EOtech is not a tube as I feel it gives me greater FOV. I also like the reticle (dot plus circle). But I'm not finding anyone else that has that dot circle configuration.

What should I get as a replacement?

I don't remember the temp I zeroed my eotech at but I know it was warmer (like a lot) than however cold it will be outside this weekend lol. So i'm gonna go to the range and do some accuracy testing.

I haven't noticed the drift issue but I also haven't used my Eotech much (nor have I done any accuracy testing in different temps).

I like the fact that the EOtech is not a tube as I feel it gives me greater FOV. I also like the reticle (dot plus circle). But I'm not finding anyone else that has that dot circle configuration.

What should I get as a replacement?

I don't remember the temp I zeroed my eotech at but I know it was warmer (like a lot) than however cold it will be outside this weekend lol. So i'm gonna go to the range and do some accuracy testing.

Same here Soloman, totally torn on what to get now.
A buddy of mine is going for a vortex but they seem cheap to me.

Is there any word on whether EOTECH is fixing these issues? I noticed that they are still selling them..

Sent my EO Tech back stinks, I liked it and also have the flip to side magnifyer for it. The problem is if you don't send them back the value of the optic is worthless. I also have a vortex and two aipmpoints. The vortex is nice and works well but if I buy another one it wil definitely be an Aimpoint. Clear glass, long battery life, just works well.

Back
Top Bottom