Possible EOTech problems

I haven't noticed the drift issue but I also haven't used my Eotech much (nor have I done any accuracy testing in different temps).

I like the fact that the EOtech is not a tube as I feel it gives me greater FOV. I also like the reticle (dot plus circle). But I'm not finding anyone else that has that dot circle configuration.

What should I get as a replacement?

I don't remember the temp I zeroed my eotech at but I know it was warmer (like a lot) than however cold it will be outside this weekend lol. So i'm gonna go to the range and do some accuracy testing.

My replacement of the EOTech was forca few reasons... 1. They lied, screw them. 2. After using EOtech for 6 years or so and getting glasses in that time I've found out have much my astigmatism effected what the reticle look like.... To the point where its hard to use the optic now without my glasses. I never noticed it before, I just thought the reticle was "fuzzy". Becuase of reason #1 and given teh opportunity to get a full refund I decided to switch.

I prefer the " heads up display" vs tube style optics but I guess that's becuase of how long I ve been using an EOTech. My EOTech 556.a65 came off my Tavor and that's currently the only firearm I run a full size, non magnified dot on.

I don't know of another quality optic that offered a larger ring around the primary aming dot at the moment, but for me personally my buying concerns don't require a outer ring they require a 2mao dot that's reasonably clear with or without my glasses. Concern #2 is durability/warranty, concern #3 is weight. Concern #4 is overall price. No magnification is also a criteria

That's how I came to my list.

If money was no problem I would look closer at the Meprolight MOS. But, I have an issue with the warranty and potential long term support (that is not based on fact, just my concern)

Out of my list, my FAV is the Trijicon MRO.... But I have personally witnessed all of the major complaints out there both on the retail models and in a friends carbine. That's isxthe sole reason why the Aimpoint Pro sits (currently) on the top of my list

Eotech has stated there is no current fix. They also made it seem that they're not looking for a fix. They have already changed all literature and claims about the optics in regards to shift. As far as a similar reticle you can check out meprolight. I don't remember what model that has dot in a donut reticle. It is much smaller than the 65 moa eotech.

My 512 was on a beowulf build. I've decided to run irons on that rig and put the cash towards a new project. I did grab a MRO but had to return it (was no bueno).

And everything ^ he said.

Last edited:
reason #78 to not like Eotech
yes, it's been acknowledged that they knew about the problem well before it came to light and they are sorry only because they got caught. Personally I didn't see much or any shift using mine in different and some 15f temp conditions. Mine kept delaminating. They fixed it once and sent it back and a year later it began to happen again (it progresses and gets worse). So I call them to get an RA number and they inform me they no longer fix mine since they don't make it anymore (511) so I should send it back to them for a 50% of its value credited towards another one of their products. I was also informed that I should take this deal because its as good as they can offer. This was a few months before they started offering shipping and full refunds. I'm glad life got in the way and I procrastinated. Scumbags

lots of dudes are keeping their optics, put the magnifiers up for sale now while you still can get some cash for them. eventually the market is gonna get flooded with them from dudes who returned their sights and are stuck with the magnifiers and they'll be selling for pennies.

That might not necessarily be true. A lot of guys are keeping their mags, including me, and going with an aimpoint (including me).

Bunch of people already bought an eotech mag/aimpoint setup because the eotech magnifier is actually nicer than the aimpoint and cheaper.

If I'm wrong and If people start unloading them for cheap, I'll start picking them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like EOTechs because they have such a big window.

Are the optics in current production also having this problem?

If they get it fixed I still might want one.

Again, L-3 has stated that there is NO FIX to the problem. They revised their marketing literature so as not to promise what they weren't delivering from the get-go. I haven't looked at what the spin-doctors came up with as I no longer have any interest. They now own my former sight, I'm just waiting for their check.

Why are they also giving a $15 shipping credit?

That tells me that you must return it.

EDIT:

Somebody said you get to keep the sight.

I guess that was wrong info.

Funny you asked a question in this thread and were given a straight answer.... Too bad your ****ing douche and couldn't return the favor

Troll elsewhere, people like you make the whole world that much more stupid

Go **** yourself. The answer was so clearly outlandish that it crossed the line from trolling to satire. There are people who make the world dumberer and people who make the world gooder. I'm amongst the latter.

ETA: You meant "you're a ****ing douche", I assume? But I make the world more stupid?

Go **** yourself. The answer was so clearly outlandish that it crossed the line from trolling to satire. There are people who make the world dumberer and people who make the world gooder. I'm amongst the latter.

ETA: You meant "you're a ****ing douche", I assume? But I make the world more stupid?

Your a tiny troll, nothing more. Please contribute something useful for those here that seek info or have something useful to provide

Your a tiny troll, nothing more. Please contribute something useful for those here that seek info or have something useful to provide

Neither tiny nor a troll. Please feel free to go check out literally ANY of my prior posts for some of the useful info I've contributed.

Man I know Scalia's gone but it'll be OK. Climb down off that ledge.

Like others here I returned mine. UPS shows delivered, no email acknowledgement from EOTech though. I might try calling them this week.

Damn, I'd been skipping this thread until now because I just figured it was one person having a problem with their EOTech. What a dope. I haven't heard anything about this until now. I was happy with my EOTech's, but that was because I TRUSTED them. Now I don't trust them anymore so they must go. I just completed the form from their website to return them. What a bummer. I started another thread about what to replace my EOTechs with, hopefully you guys will give me some good info.

-Cuz

Back
Top Bottom