• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pocket pistols

jeepsrt8

NES Member
I am in the market for something easier to conceal and that fits in my pocket. I was looking for something with a safety,semi automatic, and does not have a 10lb trigger pull. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Ruger LC9 is a little large but fits in a pocket pretty well and is not too heavy. There is the LCR in .380 as well, somewhat smaller.

Seecamp .32, fits in the pocket, and is the best I have found and I have owned a few " Pocket Guns ". Its not for everyone, either you love it or hate it, I do not think there is any in between.

Kahr PM9 fits all those features very well. It disappears either in my pocket, in a Crossbreed supertuck, or in an ankle holster very nicely.

I've got the S&W Bodyguard .380 fits nicely in my pocket has a built in laser, external safety and nice trigger pull, stills packs a punch too. Light enough to stay in my sweat pants pocket around the house too.

I heartily recommend that you try out a SIG P238 before making a decision.

On the plus side, this little pistol is little but accurate, with minimal recoil, a good trigger, good sights, and (because it is a locked breech design) does not require big muscles to cycle the slide.

On the negative side (perhaps), the P238 follows the Gov't Model manual of arms (more or less) and therefore requires a bit of training.

Perhaps not for everyone, but for many the best of the bunch. At least take a look.

Edit: the link in this post was "added by Skimwords"; it was not included by me.

Last edited:
How big are your pockets?

Big enough to drop a GLOCK in there apparently.

I like my Ruger LCP .380. I don't pocket carry in the pants but sometimes I'll tote that little bugger along in an inside jacket pocket or ankle holster. Sweet gun for the price. Very reliable/ user friendly. Might be tough to find one in MA but it can be done with a little patience.

I carry a Sig P238 in one of the pocket holsters they have for withoit a problem.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

the LC9 trigger weight comes in at right over 8lbs, there is a guy on you tube who shows it with a scale clearly. there are a few options for trigger mods on this gun, and more to come. very slim, very light, 7+1 capacity, & has a safety. and it won't drop you $600 like the sig will:)

I have a Baretta 950B also, nice little .25 cal with a safety if thats your thing, disapears in the pocket. I also use a Taurus TCP 380 for pocket carry, very nice, light, slide locks back on empty for quicker reloads. If I am wearing pants with larger pockets I also use a Karm PM9. I know you said semiauto's but dont discount a airweight revolver. My Ruger LCR is small, light, and shrouded hammer for pocket fire without snaging.

I also used a AMT .380 (single action) for awhile. I liked that little POS. Great balance of size and weight. Unfortunately the trigger and spring fell out and I lost it somehow! [shocked]

If anyone has a lead on a trigger and trigger spring please let me know.

Since there is some logic to matching the battery of arms between full size and pocket carry firearms (ie Sig 238 and a 1911) what's out there for a striker fired .380? The only one I found so far that might match well with a Glock/M&P/XD is the Diamondback 380 but I hear they are still working the bugs out presently.

Ha, the consensus definitely seems to be that the 238 is like a mini-1911...and I agree. I love the gun. I would seriously consider picking up the 9mm version too.

Back
Top Bottom