• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pocket pistols

I know people bitch about the lc9 trigger but the gun i rock solid. I have never had a problem and the gun is accurate as i am. Estimate close to 900 rounds though it over the last 5 months.

I also have had no issues with my LC9, it has been 100% reliable so far. I also think the trigger's been getting much better over the past couple range visits.

I know people bitch about the lc9 trigger but the gun i rock solid. I have never had a problem and the gun is accurate as i am. Estimate close to 900 rounds though it over the last 5 months.

It's a much better trigger than the bodyguard. Longest trigger pull ever!!!!!!!

I find that if I use Aguila 9mm FMJ, I still get bulged primers and brass shavings in the LC9 firing pin channel.

I don't have any trouble with Fiochhi JHP. But it bothers me that Aguila causes this problem, when I have not had this
kind of trouble with any other 9mm pistol.

Some excellent info and reviews here! I too am in the market for a small carry gun. Am really liking the PM9 at this point!

Ive had my P3at for about 3 years now and love it, I normally carry it with the belt clip tucked in my back, you could walk around with no shirt on and it looks like a pocket knife.

Another option... instead of pocket carry, you can conceal a much larger weapon using a Deep concealment chest holster... like this one: http://andresholsters.com/dcch_chest.html
I have one of these since I'm a "bigger guy", and don't feel like sticking anything else inside my pants waist, or struggle getting it out of a pocket. It allows me to carry more than a "mouse gun" comfortably. Just another option.

Another option... instead of pocket carry, you can conceal a much larger weapon using a Deep concealment chest holster... like this one: http://andresholsters.com/dcch_chest.html
I have one of these since I'm a "bigger guy", and don't feel like sticking anything else inside my pants waist, or struggle getting it out of a pocket. It allows me to carry more than a "mouse gun" comfortably. Just another option.

How do you draw from that holster? I can see how it would be successfully concealed. So concealed it required undressing to get to...

Ive had my P3at for about 3 years now and love it, I normally carry it with the belt clip tucked in my back, you could walk around with no shirt on and it looks like a pocket knife.

Along with the AR build and a Mosin, my "other" gun on the short list is a P3AT. Saw some a while back for a good price, but they were the green ones. Not sure if I want that or not. I guess I need to check if they still have those.

I just got a 380 bodyguard and love the little gun. Yes, the trigger pull is very unusual, long and hard but it is pretty small and packs a nice punch. I have about 400 rounds through it and no problems other than a little cleaning that it needs. I carry this in my pocket with a desantis holster and have no issues. Pretty comfortable to carry and no one notices.

I picked up a Sig P238, to other owners of this pistol, what do you use for self defense ammo?

I picked up a box of Federal Hydra Shok's and they seem to hang on the feed ramp.

Hydrashocks fed OK in mine.....hmmmm.

That gun can be a little quirky esp til it gets broken in a bit. My dad's seemed to have issues with a full mag + one in the pipe, but mine does not have an issue there at all.

I picked up a Sig P238, to other owners of this pistol, what do you use for self defense ammo?

I picked up a box of Federal Hydra Shok's and they seem to hang on the feed ramp.

I dont own that pistol, but I have heard alot of good things about Critical Defense feeding well in the smaller guns. With that cone shape, they might feed better.

I dont own that pistol, but I have heard alot of good things about Critical Defense feeding well in the smaller guns. With that cone shape, they might feed better.

I can't comment on any other small pistols, but my LCP did fine with critical defense.

I put a few rounds thru the P3AT last week. Couldn't find any of the brass. I thinks it's in orbit [laugh]

that gun is awesome , tried a friends , and it shot great. i suggest putting A-Grip on it, it really tamed the "catching a baseball barehanded" feeling. me id probably put both the a grip and a rubber sleeve on it.

im still debating whether to buy a P32, or a P3AT. the way i look at it is
P32 = +1 rd, last round lockback , and softer recoil.. Downsides = more expensive to shoot , and smaller bullet
P3AT = more option in SD rounds, Downsides, -1 rd, and no slide lock, and more recoil..

grr i may just have to break down and buy the 32 first , then buy a p3at later..

I know the OP was interested in a semi-auto but, I have to put in my vote for the Ruger LCR revolver. It's a great pocket gun. Comes in 22, 38 and 357. Good shooter too.

I love my Bobcat too and carry it often. It is semi-auto and has a safety[thumbsup], but, if you need it for anything bigger than a rampaging squirrel it might be a problem.

Nice to me the LCP was very awkward feeling to hold but your hands may fit it very well. Never had any experience with a Taurus model. I'm still sad about the 26 btw! =( haha its all good. good luck on your search, those keltecs i think are great bang for the buck.

that gun is awesome , tried a friends , and it shot great. i suggest putting A-Grip on it, it really tamed the "catching a baseball barehanded" feeling. me id probably put both the a grip and a rubber sleeve on it.

im still debating whether to buy a P32, or a P3AT. the way i look at it is
P32 = +1 rd, last round lockback , and softer recoil.. Downsides = more expensive to shoot , and smaller bullet
P3AT = more option in SD rounds, Downsides, -1 rd, and no slide lock, and more recoil..

grr i may just have to break down and buy the 32 first , then buy a p3at later..

What has worked in the past

Highest knockdown, very high initial penetration, almost unobtainable at any price:

PSM (be sure you can get or make the ammunition)

Most used:

Beretta .22, various models

Most versatile but oversized pocket needed:

TT-33 with .22 subcaliber ammunition(around 3000 FPS), can use 7.62 at same time.

Accurate (pinpoint) to 50 yards

Hammerli 212, but really large, deep pockets needed.

OK choices if no PSM available and small is needed:

All the others listed in the discussion so far.

Truly concealable

Pen gun with .25 or .32 colt ammunition, or with a heavy pen, 4.6x30 chamber. Some of the old ones still available, but hard to find at times.

Back
Top Bottom