• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What pistols have a 'thumb ledge' like normal frame Glocks?

puška m70

NES Member
I was shooting a 92fs and noticed the lack of a 'frame bulge' where you can put your thumb, like on standard frame glocks (not the 43,42,43x etc). This allows you some more purchase on the gun and you can get more of a 'clamp' on the gun with your non dominant hand's thumb.

On my glock I put a piece of sandpaper texture grip on this area and it really keeps the muzzle flat for quick follow up shots. Some aftermaket frames have stipling or a more agresive texture there for this purpose. Many other normal size guns have a frame that is narrower, nowhere to really put your thumb (1911, 92FS, P226, Hi-Power). I've seen this on glocks and the new SW CSX. Any others come to mind?

nope.PNG

One of those Taurus models has more of an indentation on both sides, but thats the only one that jumps out.

There was some company that made grips or slide-on grips that had some kind of gas pedal molded into it.
Found em here
Kind of counterproductive for the hardcore ccw crowd, but probably won't make much a difference if your going to throw a maglite and a t.v. on top of it.

Back
Top Bottom