• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tisas pistols

Are they Ma. compliant ?
No one cares.

I bought three, they are all good to go. had the 9mm carry and sold it, as I have the 9mm full size and like it better. I carry the stainless carry in .45 in the rotation. 1702928513399.png

I keep wanting to buy the 1911 remake of the military one and just haven't gotten there, but there have been some good deals on it.
D10 keeps on my radar too in 10mm.

Last edited:
So they’re not junk?
Nope......I think they are better finished than Rock Island. But that is the market we are talking. Low cost 1911. I mean, i paid less than $400 for the one above without the grips and magwell.

I wouldn't expect it to be a Nighthawk, Wilson, or whatever.....

You get what you pay for when it comes to 1911's, and most of anything lower than 1K....maybe 2K will self destruct eventually if shot a bunch of rounds.

If your gonna shoot it for occasional target, and carry once and a while.....low cost 1911 is OK in my book.

Love to see the difference in shooting a Tisas 20K rounds vs. a Wilson/Nighthawk/etc........ at 20 K rounds............but typically that's where the money comes in. Would never expect a RI or Tisas to compete with that. Not saying it couldn't, but I really doubt it.

Just like the trap guys who buy B guns instead of 500 dollar Turkish O/U's ......3K rounds in, they aren't looking for a new gun because the action turned to slop. In that market, I'm buying the B gun, because I shoot a lot.

Last edited:
Nope......I think they are better finished than Rock Island. But that is the market we are talking. Low cost 1911. I mean, i paid less than $400 for the one above without the grips and magwell.

I wouldn't expect it to be a Nighthawk, Wilson, or whatever.....

You get what you pay for when it comes to 1911's, and most of anything lower than 1K....maybe 2K will self destruct eventually if shot a bunch of rounds.

If your gonna shoot it for occasional target, and carry once and a while.....low cost 1911 is OK in my book.

Love to see the difference in shooting a Tisas 20K rounds vs. a Wilson/Nighthawk/etc........ at 20 K rounds............but typically that's where the money comes in. Would never expect a RI or Tisas to compete with that. Not saying it couldn't, but I really doubt it.

Just like the trap guys who buy B guns instead of 500 dollar Turkish O/U's ......3K rounds in, they aren't looking for a new gun because the action turned to slop. In that market, I'm buying the B gun, because I shoot a lot.
We’ll get out there and put 20k through so we can see what happened.

Seriously through I bet 97% of the people on this forum don’t have 20k through their collection never mind 1 gun. So it’s probably fine.

This forum is for cat memes, car accident threads, and keyboard warriors. Not gun guys. They just happen to wander in from time to time.

I feel the need to grab one for the kid and have him put 20k through it. He’s up to at least 3-4k on the RIA we snagged from you Mark and she runs like a champ. Even super dirty she performs. But it may be a good challenge.

I feel the need to grab one for the kid and have him put 20k through it. He’s up to at least 3-4k on the RIA we snagged from you Mark and she runs like a champ. Even super dirty she performs. But it may be a good challenge.
Nothing wrong with RIA.

Finish on Tisas is a touch nicer IMHO, but they both run well and are a good value for the price point.

We’ll get out there and put 20k through so we can see what happened.

Seriously through I bet 97% of the people on this forum don’t have 20k through their collection never mind 1 gun. So it’s probably fine.

This forum is for cat memes, car accident threads, and keyboard warriors. Not gun guys. They just happen to wander in from time to time.
Im not putting 20K on a 1911. Lucky if I put 2k lifetime on it, and i have like 4 of them in different flavors.

The one I sold Jay maybe had 300 rounds on it.

My skeet gun....different story.......I shoot several, but 5K/yr at least from them all which means at least 2K/yr for each of them.

My SR1911 has a large round count because it was one of the first pistols I could afford when I got into reloading. It’s my range go to if I don’t have a project or something in mind. I’m in the middle of lubing about 25 pounds of 200 SWC to keep the kid fed. He might have cleaned it once or twice and she is running like a champ. A nine is on my list before I run out of LPP.

I just bought one for $400 and for the money, a cold hammer forged barrel, hardened before machined pistol with series 70 internals so the trigger should be on the very good side. I just think it's too crazy for people NOT buy at least 1

The exchange rate to USA to Turkey is why they are so cheap. Sometimes the price of something mean its junk.
This is what I heard as well.

Turkish rifles, shotguns and pistols are really mostly good to go and a good value. Sucks they are making knockoffs...but the knockoffs are well made and good quality for a lot less money.

Mac 2 Tactical shotguns, Impala plus shotguns, which are Benelli clones, Tisas Pistols, Canik Pistols, and a bevy of other plastic 9 pistol clones like the Buffalo Cartridge BRG9, Stoeger STR9, etc., and Turkqua rifles like the Savage 334.

Last edited:
The CMP have partnered with Tisas to make some accurate reproduction 1911A1s.

Looks pretty similar to their previous 1911A1 clone, but with more correct grips now.

I would find out what the problem is and get a gunplumber to fix it instead. You can end up with a trigger job at the end, maybe swap other parts you don't like. My guess is it's bad parts or something. If the guns are series 70 style its prudent to have good lockwork in there.

Back
Top Bottom