• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pick one 9mm carbine: HiPoint 995 vs. KelTec SUB2000

Which 9mm would you buy, and why?

• Hi-Point MODEL 995 BLACK (9MM)

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • KelTec SUB2000TM Folding / Pistol Caliber / Carbine

Votes: 66 86.8%

• Total voters
To the original post.
Keltec for the fold factor and mag compatibility.
(Magpul has a 50 round drum to fit pistol magazine wells)

OP asked for carbines so I'm throwing out every Uzi, Striborg, Evo, and other faux subguns from my consideration.
As someone else pointed out a Marlin Camp 9 would be my preference if we're all going that route.
(Another option would be the Citadel M1 in 9mm)
Just my 2 pennies worth.

I had a KelTec Sub2k with a SIG mag grip and traded it for one with a Glock mag grip, as I moved from SIGs to Glocks. The other guy had made the opposite move, so we were both happy.

I like the folding portability and there are a lot of aftermarket mods.

Given OP's simple question - I'd go with the Keltec.

That being said - I think they're both garbage, and I'd look at what the objective is.

If it's looking for a decent 9mm carbine, a couple have already been mentioned. From personal experience, I've got (2) Ruger PC9s. They're nice guns, but they're awfully heavy for their size.

If OP is looking for concealable, (like Keltec), perhaps a Glock conversion like the RONI or the MCK would work.

(Another option would be the Citadel M1 in 9mm)
This got me wondering if anybody makes an M1 clone (or "mini 14 style") in 9mm. I tried googling the above Citadel, but did not have much luck, and didn't really pursue it further.

What I DID find was pretty cool:
prodotti_immagini_immagine_304.jpg

This poll is retarded. Is anyone in their right mind really going to recommend a High Point? Maybe if a soft branch was the other option.
Really?? I have owned a Hi Point carbine in 45acp for years and fired well over 2000 rounds thru it . Not one misfire or failure to feed. With open sights(peep) hits consistently at 50 yds. For the $$ can't go wrong! By the way been in the gun business for over 30 years!!! The pistols not the same!

I've owned both, years ago. The trigger and factory sights on the keltec are horrendous. It's impossible to get a cheek weld using that - I had to spend the money on a red dot mount so I could actually aim properly ($100 for the mount + cost of red dot). But yes it does fold down and is compact.
The hi point worked but its ugly and trigger sucks.

If you're going to skinflint on a PCC at least get a Ruger PCC or something [laugh]

Depends ...

If you want a gun that will never blow up, no matter what you do to it then HiPoint.

If you want a gun that people won't laugh at - NEITHER.

If you want the least g@y looking gun - KelTec.

If you want a gun that takes Glock mags - Keltec.

I guess it is a tie, as not blowing up counts for at least 2 points.

Last edited:
I dont PCC bro, but I just got a Freedom Ordnance FX9 for work, its a pretty fun little blaster, my kid really likes it.

I had an MPX, it was cool until i realized it was the same size and weight as a real gun. B&Ts guns look neat, but tbh unless it goes brrrt pcc's are pretty monkeypox

In my opinion, the only reason for a PCC is if you have a pistol that you can interchange your mags with. That leaves out the Hi-Point, since it’s proprietary magazine isn’t even interchangeable with their own C9 pistol mag. So I’d have to go with the KelTec (in the Multi-Mag configuration, since I don’t own any Glocks).

I used to own a HiPoint. I still own a Sub2k.

The Hipoint was surprisingly accurate, but bulky, had a terrible trigger, used proprietary mags, and smacked me in the cheekbone every time I shot it making me insanely angry.

The Sub2k is plenty accurate out to 100 yards, svelte, has a terrible trigger, uses common mags (in my case Beretta, of which standard cap prebans flow like the salmon of capastrano), and folds in freaking half, making it incredibly stowable.

Having never fired the Hi Point and owning a Gen 1 2K, it's tough because there are pros to the Sub2000 and cons, same as Hi Point and many other PCC's.

If you value light weight and compactness, go Kel Tec. I've found them reliable too, even aftermarket Glock pattern mags like the Korean ones and ETS run 100%.

The Hi Point is fine and all, good warranty and customer service if needed, it's just heavy and is stuck with proprietary mags and to me a 9mm or .40 PCC should use common mags.

If Beretta offered the Cx4 in other mags, I'd suggest that, the Ruger is far too heavy for a PCC and is just dorky having the mag outside the pistol grip. That's so 80s trying to be the Marlin Camp Carbine.

This poll is retarded. Is anyone in their right mind really going to recommend a High Point? Maybe if a soft branch was the other option.
I would if that Hi Point was 10mm. It is a solid carbine, very reliable, just I can't in good faith say a 9mm HP carbine is more worth another.

Back
Top Bottom