• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm Carbine

A grand is way in the rearview. I have a mechtech for G17 and it's fine. I'll take my SP5 over a 1911 with a Mechtech. Honestly not sure if you're serious.
I think there are better PCC's that use a Glock mag, I was figuring that with 10 rd limits a PCC that uses 1911 mags would be a good fit.

An SP5 is something that will make others at the range jelly, but IMO at 10 rds a total waste.

I think there are better PCC's that use a Glock mag, I was figuring that with 10 rd limits a PCC that uses 1911 mags would be a good fit.

An SP5 is something that will make others at the range jelly, but IMO at 10 rds a total waste.

Preban MP5 mags are what, $80?

Doesn't matter the price when you can't get them

I remember picking those up in concord NH gun show for less than $5. I still have at least 10 or 12. Some of the date codes are from 1968 I believe.

Being in a ban state takes a lot of wind out of a PCC and it's a shame companies aren't trying to make any PCC's that use slimmer mags found in popular carry pistols, instead opting for mags used in full size pistols like Glock, Beretta, etc.
Ruger gives you a Glock mag adapter with their PCC so you can use your Preban Glock mags, might not be the best in the world but it meets your requirements, you can also build one, aero and spike both have cost effective Glock mag based lowered

There are preban mags for the SP5.

Doesn't matter the price when you can't get them

Why not?

I can't imagine they're commonly found and if it's online I'm sure most sellers are hesitant to ship anything into Mass.

Never had an issue with it. 🤷‍♂️

The MP5 was prolific well before 1994, so they’re not that hard to find. Only problem with them is that there is no last round bolt hold-open. No different than the AK in that regard though.

But there is one rather common PCC designed to take single stack mags if you’re interested. 😉

Hi-Point Carbine and it’s 10 rounds of glory.
IMG_9795.jpeg

Though, I do have to admit it looks decent with the aftermarket bullpup conversion in 10mm.
IMG_9796.jpeg

A lot of talk about panic buying happening now. I decided to take an inventory of what I have vs. what I need that won’t be available for much longer. Results are in and my collection is very well future proofed with 1 glaring exception. I have no 9mm carbine. This needs to rectified. What are the recommendations from the NES brain trust? I’d like to keep it under $2k but am willing to go a little over if there’s a huge quality jump. I don’t want super cheap like a hi-point or kel-tec. I’ve read about AR9 unreliability, but not idea if that’s just certain brands/designs. I don’t hate the idea of something that uses Glock mags, but it’s certainly not necessary. So fellas, how should I spend my cash?
So have you bought anything yet? I'm in the same boat as you , I need to add a PCC to my inventory. I reload 9mm , and have a healthy amount of it on hand , so it only makes sense to have a PCC. Think I'm going to try and visit @KAG Arms this week and fondle the CZ Scorpion to see how it feels to me.

So have you bought anything yet? I'm in the same boat as you , I need to add a PCC to my inventory. I reload 9mm , and have a healthy amount of it on hand , so it only makes sense to have a PCC. Think I'm going to try and visit @KAG Arms this week and fondle the CZ Scorpion to see how it feels to me.
I purchased an HK SP5. I’m waiting on SBR paperwork now.

I want to like the Smith and Wesson FPC 9 but the "insert" on the magazines has me a bit puzzled. What is that?
The price is right.

The FPC uses Smith & Wesson M&P mags, and there’s a gap above the base of the magazine. I called S&W to order a few, they just sent them to me no charge. There is a S&W part number and some retailers show them, like 8 bucks I think. They are completely not necessary and actually a little clumsy in real life, seem to be for appearance only.

FFL keeps until you have the 'tax stamp'? Or you have one with a longer barrel and plan to shorten once you have papa fed's permission?
They'll keep the receiver and let you take the rest, but I just left everything with the FFL when I did mine. They had to pin the barrel protector and engrave it anyways. Brought my stock with me when I picked it up.

Have you folks heard of Brigade Manufacturing BM-9? They make decent quality dedicated AR-9s for reasonable money. Might be worth checking out. Buy upper and lower separate and assemble yourself. (Ship lower to MA FFL of course).

What about a Henry ?
I had one in my hands. Beautiful rifle, seems well built but somewhere I read they were having issues with the mag adapter. It comes with Ruger mags but you can get Glock or Sig adapter. I wanted to get one since I had 21 rd 320 Sig mags but they weren't available. No dealers had the Sig model. Henry has the model on their web page but they were
nowhere to be found. I don't know if that's changed since. I got rid of the 320 and the mags.

Hmm, something’s off:
IMG_0222.jpeg

I bet you were looking at the lower, but nope:
IMG_0221.jpeg

Gibbous Outfitters saves the day for a ban-state resident who wanted a shorter fixed LOP. It shaved 2” off the LOP. It’s ~12.5” LOP now with this lower.

I have to say it’s perfect for squared off stance shooting now, for me anyway. Oh and the Leesporting lower is great too. Sure, it looks funky, but using an AR trigger and safety is a huge plus. It also moves the grip forward and higher so the button mag release is actually usable now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom