• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm Carbine

I have a Ruger PC Carbine. Can't beat them. The only issue I had is the trigger is not that good out of the box. Pretty heavy. The stock setup ran 5 lb. 10 oz. average measuring 15 pulls. The spread from high to low was 7.4 oz.

I installed the Tandemkross Victory Trigger and the Volquartsen Target Hammer, bushings, shims, trigger plunger & spring. This resulted in a very predicable and crisp trigger that sits right at 2 lb. 6oz.

I have shot at distances out to 50 yards. At 50 yards it is pretty accurate, enough to consistently knock down bowling pins. The barrel and shroud are heavy enough where you get little to no muzzle flip. It sits there like a rock making it very easy to shoot fast and accurate. This rifle has become a favorite of mine for shooting steel and bowling pins.

I've run assorted factory 115 and 124 9mm ammo. Never had a problem. It really likes the Belom 124. I've run up to 1100 rounds between cleanings with no problems.

Lots of great information so far. I had a chance to shoot a few carbines over the weekend and here are my thoughts. I didn’t like the Beretta trigger at all. The CZ seems like a great value for what it is. The MPX is really nice. I’ll be headed up to the mill this weekend to pick up something else, so I’ll take a look at the sp5 and some mp5 clones and then make my decision.

I have shot several MPX in various configurations. They are sweet and magnitudes above a Ruger PC Carbine. The problem is the price.

You can buy a PC Carbine, low end red dot, add an aftermarket trigger and action setup, add a comp if it has a threaded barrel, get a nice softcase and toss in a couple of cases of 9mm ammo for the same price, or less, than the MPX.

Don't get me wrong. I love the MPX however if you are on a budget the Ruger is a nice budget friendly alternative.

Dark Storm Industries AR9 has been accurate and super reliable. Takes Glock mags. Picked up the MA compliant version new at 4 Seasons for just over $1k a few years ago. MSRP is a bit higher now according to their website. IMG_2735.jpeg

I’d get a SPX or MP5 if I had a couple grand to burn too. I rented the Sig once. It spit all sorts of shit back in my face. I suspect it was just filthy…

I’d get a SPX or MP5 if I had a couple grand to burn too. I rented the Sig once. It spit all sorts of shit back in my face. I suspect it was just filthy…
I fish with a guide in Montana who was also their PD’s armorer. He said they had MPXs and they got rid of them because they always had issues around the 500 rd mark, wouldn’t run right. They cleaned them like crazy because the gas plug and valve fouls very quickly.

I think I’ve made my decision. I'm gonna spring the extra cash for an HK SP5 and go the SBR route. Life is too short and I have too much other HK stuff to not just go for it. Need to start figuring what stock I want to go with and locating some pre bans.

Nice. Just don’t use the State Police as your CLEO on the SBR form. Someone on NES recently ran into an issue with that because the state police were a little confused and put a kibosh on his SBR.

Luckily they seem to be readily available now.

I just happened to pick one up today.
Gen 2 Keltec Sub 2000 with a 15 round Glock mag and a 50 round drum.... $425, less a $100 rebate from Keltec until 3/1/24.

I had a sub2000 before, they're cheap and fun to shoot, for $325 it was hard to say no (The Gen 3's were $449 and no rebate)

Attachments

• IMG_6192.jpg
    IMG_6192.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 35
Nice. Just don’t use the State Police as your CLEO on the SBR form. Someone on NES recently ran into an issue with that because the state police were a little confused and put a kibosh on his SBR.

This is interesting to hear, because my NFA dealer always uses MSP as CLEO. I'm about to build something as soon as it comes in stock.

This is interesting to hear, because my NFA dealer always uses MSP as CLEO. I'm about to build something as soon as it comes in stock.

Yeah, it’s odd. Quite possibly someone new at the State Police HQ or new leadership is confused on the letter of the law.

A lot of talk about panic buying happening now. I decided to take an inventory of what I have vs. what I need that won’t be available for much longer. Results are in and my collection is very well future proofed with 1 glaring exception. I have no 9mm carbine. This needs to rectified. What are the recommendations from the NES brain trust? I’d like to keep it under $2k but am willing to go a little over if there’s a huge quality jump. I don’t want super cheap like a hi-point or kel-tec. I’ve read about AR9 unreliability, but not idea if that’s just certain brands/designs. I don’t hate the idea of something that uses Glock mags, but it’s certainly not necessary. So fellas, how should I spend my cash?

Zenith makes a HK 94 Clone. I've haven't shot that model, but I converted a MP5 clone to full auto and is flawless. It also has a lifetime warranty. In full disclosure, I sell them, but I wouldn't carry them if they didn't work like they are supposed to.

Dave

Pulled the trigger (pun intended) on buying a Ruger PC Carbine. Just got back from the range to test and zero in a Romeo5 red dot. I could shoot that all day, and will be a regular in my range bag!
Yep. If you can live with a 16” barrel it effectively scratches most other itches.

I have a Brigade BM 9 I like a lot. A JR (Just Right) Carbine that runs well. I also built a Lightweight AR 9 for Steel Challenge. All use Glock mags. If it was Go time for a 9mm I would take the Brigade.

Do we put our local chief now?

Do we put our local chief now?

That’s always been an option.

The chief law enforcement officer is considered to be the Chief of Police; the Sheriff; the Head of the State Police; or a State or local district attorney or prosecutor

That’s always been an option.

The chief law enforcement officer is considered to be the Chief of Police; the Sheriff; the Head of the State Police; or a State or local district attorney or prosecutor
There's an idea, send all the noticers to the DA

I'm very partial to the Stribog SPA3. Sweet heart to shoot. Mags are cheap. They do have a glock mag version as well. I'm running mine supressed with Fiocchi 158 grain subsonic at 850 FPS. Sounds like a quiet pnematic tool. Super happy with mine. Many non-NFA brace options. Straight or curved mags. Have 10mm and .45 ACP versions as well. Buds runs specials on these. Double M defense is usually the cheapest. Can do an upper/lower set up like ARs

View: https://youtu.be/ubsqNMZv5xE

Back
Top Bottom