• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm Carbine

I have built a 9mm an AR using BCA parts. This AR uses Glock mags and runs flawlessly. This is not an expensive build and well worth the effort. I am now planning a 450 Bushmaster build to add to my AR collection 5.56. 308wim. 9mm and a pending 450 Bushmaster after that maybe a 204 Rugger. As long as they are not passing the new gun bill i will keep building and collecting. There was a time I had 3 Colt mag fed AR carbines they were great but are now more expensive to purchase and or build.

No mention of the M1 Carbine?
Getting ammo for the M1 Carbine has been an issue during the pandemic and mounting a red dot on one is more difficult than on a modern gun. I do like my M1 Carbine but I think the design shows its age.

Edited to add: on the plus side, M1 Carbine ammo is closer to 44 Mag in ballistics so perhaps a more viable option for home defense than a 9mm carbine. However, mounting a light would be a challenge.

Last edited:
Getting ammo for the M1 Carbine has been an issue during the pandemic and mounting a red dot on one is more difficult than on a modern gun. I do like my M1 Carbine but I think the design shows its age.

Edited to add: on the plus side, M1 Carbine ammo is closer to 44 Mag in ballistics so perhaps a more viable option for home defense than a 9mm carbine. However, mounting a light would be a challenge.

Plus many are “pre-ban,” and can hence have folding stocks, etc

Plus many are “pre-ban,” and can hence have folding stocks, etc
Kel-tecs have folding stocks. Isn't there another new one that folds? I like the idea of something that would fit in a gym bag or backpack or other small case for convenience.

Last edited:
Update:

Bought my SP5 today. Now to wait for my SBR paperwork. Wanna save up some cash for one of those surefire pressure lights too.
Great choice, fun little tool.

My approval came back in 5 days :)

Factory mags are expensive :(

To add insult to injury, the 10rd mags are the same price as the 30rd mags lol

Save your money on the flashlight you will never use and get a lower with a binary trigger.

Being in a ban state takes a lot of wind out of a PCC and it's a shame companies aren't trying to make any PCC's that use slimmer mags found in popular carry pistols, instead opting for mags used in full size pistols like Glock, Beretta, etc.

I wouldn't even go over a grand on this because the only benefit you get going pricey is a delayed blowback system and those cost big bucks in a PCC and if you're cucked to 10 rds it's not worth it. The biggest issue with PCC's is no matter which one you choose they're always going to be a trade off, there is no one perfect PCC.

This is a suggestion I've never made because I've never considered it before, but I would take a look at doing a 9mm 1911 Mech Tech conversion. It looks ugly, but the benefit is you get to use very common mag pattern and even a meh 1911 trigger out of a carbine is above average for most stock PCC's these days.

You will not regret that one bit. Love mine. Worth every penny - and real HK = flex on the poors
Yeah I'm stoked. Flexing on the poors is a nice side bonus. I have enough other HK stuff that it wouldn't have felt right to get a clone.
Great choice, fun little tool.

My approval came back in 5 days :)

Factory mags are expensive :(

To add insult to injury, the 10rd mags are the same price as the 30rd mags lol

Save your money on the flashlight you will never use and get a lower with a binary trigger.
Why not both?
Being in a ban state takes a lot of wind out of a PCC and it's a shame companies aren't trying to make any PCC's that use slimmer mags found in popular carry pistols, instead opting for mags used in full size pistols like Glock, Beretta, etc.

I wouldn't even go over a grand on this because the only benefit you get going pricey is a delayed blowback system and those cost big bucks in a PCC and if you're cucked to 10 rds it's not worth it. The biggest issue with PCC's is no matter which one you choose they're always going to be a trade off, there is no one perfect PCC.

This is a suggestion I've never made because I've never considered it before, but I would take a look at doing a 9mm 1911 Mech Tech conversion. It looks ugly, but the benefit is you get to use very common mag pattern and even a meh 1911 trigger out of a carbine is above average for most stock PCC's these days.

A grand is way in the rearview. I have a mechtech for G17 and it's fine. I'll take my SP5 over a 1911 with a Mechtech. Honestly not sure if you're serious.

Back
Top Bottom