• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger announces a .45 ACP carbine

No suppressors and muzzle brake kills the 5.56 bullpup idea. I have an HK45 w/ weapon light, it’ll have to do.
If memory serves, there is a compensator that directs noise and flash forward, and is MA compliant
Kinda like this

but looks more like this

Its like one of the sleeves, but with a .250" opening, but with multiple other forward facing ports and there are vents that help strip away gases and direct them outwards and forward

If memory serves, there is a compensator that directs noise and flash forward, and is MA compliant
Kinda like this

but looks more like this

Its like one of the sleeves, but with a .250" opening, but with multiple other forward facing ports and there are vents that help strip away gases and direct them outwards and forward
That thing is probably a waste of money.
And if you put a sleeve, you might as well not have a muzzle device.

Conclusion, both options are a waste of money. Put a thread protector and move on.

Would be nice to have a grease gun magwell. My M-10/45 came with a pile of mags which sit with the original upper, unused (Got a Lage in 9mm)

And for the mass folk, plenty of pre-ban M3 stick mags extant.
No suppressors and muzzle brake kills the 5.56 bullpup idea. I have an HK45 w/ weapon light, it’ll have to do.
Even suppressed, a bullpup 5.56 is loud for indoors; If I was starting over today, I might go with .300 blackout...

Say, what?!?! Why would Ruger make a carbine that uses competitors mags when they have .45 mags of their own design? I mean, if they wanted a standardized mag, you would think it would be a 1911 pattern since they make those.
If people want a 1911 carbine there's always the MechTech uppers. Hideous, but the trigger pull and mag release remain the same, so some pros are there.

Seems all Ruger wants to make these days is PCC's to compete with Kel-Tec and Hi Point and handguns that compete with Taurus/Heritage for a price point. Makes me wonder how long they're going to keep the American pistol around, they make a full size for $500 and it flops cuz it can't compete with Glock and Sig and Ruger still hasn't done a poly 10mm while even fugging Hi Point has.

Anyway, a .45 Carbine has been requested for years and it not just be some AR pattern thing slapped together, this is Ruger taking their LC pattern, which is a pretty good PCC platform, and putting .45 in it. People not happy it doesn't have wood can wait for Henry to do one.

I'm not interested in .45 ACP carbines, but since Ruger did this there's a chance they might do a 10mm, but I'm starting to get the sense that Ruger has as much hesitancy to do anything in 10mm like they are with .32 ACP in the LCP.

Seems all Ruger wants to make these days is PCC's to compete with Kel-Tec and Hi Point and handguns that compete with Taurus/Heritage for a price point. Makes me wonder how long they're going to keep the American pistol around, they make a full size for $500 and it flops cuz it can't compete with Glock and Sig and Ruger still hasn't done a poly 10mm while even fugging Hi Point has.

Anyway, a .45 Carbine has been requested for years and it not just be some AR pattern thing slapped together, this is Ruger taking their LC pattern, which is a pretty good PCC platform, and putting .45 in it. People not happy it doesn't have wood can wait for Henry to do one.

I'm not interested in .45 ACP carbines, but since Ruger did this there's a chance they might do a 10mm, but I'm starting to get the sense that Ruger has as much hesitancy to do anything in 10mm like they are with .32 ACP in the LCP.

.32 is lame AF.

More accurate than .380 and penetrates better than .22.

And don't repeat the bullshit that LCP's are "belly guns", the trigger improvements Ruger has made with the gen 2's were to extend the potential range.
.380 is lame AF. Just shoot 9mm like normal people.

More accurate than .380 and penetrates better than .22.

More accurate? It's simply not going to matter.

And don't repeat the bullshit that LCP's are "belly guns", the trigger improvements Ruger has made with the gen 2's were to extend the potential range.

[Rofl]

They will always be a short range SD gun.

Then stuff it. 9mm isn't the alpha and omega of handguns.
It basically is, outselling everything else except 22LR like 10 to 1. There's reasons for that.

32 ACP is wanted by exactly no one. It's a shitty cartridge that only does one thing well, which is "be way less shitty than 25 ACP is" 🤣

It basically is, outselling everything else except 22LR like 10 to 1. There's reasons for that.

32 ACP is wanted by exactly no one. It's a shitty cartridge that only does one thing well, which is "be way less shitty than 25 ACP is" 🤣
It sells because it's cheap and decently effective, but lemme ask you this: if you're heading out into the woods with moose and bears, is 9mm your first choice? How about in summer in gym shorts? You really must enjoy hauling a 24oz pistol around when you could have a smaller one that weighs half as much.

Back
Top Bottom