• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I think I might pick up a high point carbine....

Agnotology

NES Member
Discovered this little thing today

10mm hi point carbine - $400
New chassis - $250
New spring - $5

Now I have a non-ugly bullpup 10mm for $700 with tax . Mags are a whopping $20. and I am pushing 180 grains at 1500+ fps from target ammo. Or I can sling some rather nasty rounds at over 3000 fps Spicy Boys

I actually regret selling my 9mm hi point now. I would totally throw it in that chassis and have a neat gun.

I have the 9mm 10mm and 45. They are fun range toys. Not trust my life to but they are fun. Ugly as all sin in original configuration.

I have the 9mm 10mm and 45. They are fun range toys. Not trust my life to but they are fun. Ugly as all sin in original configuration.

Check out those chassis. Turns the ugly into something tacticool. Have you tried dropping a new spring in any of yours?

Check out those chassis. Turns the ugly into something tacticool. Have you tried dropping a new spring in any of yours?
I have not. They were so cheap I just kept them stock. Actually forgot about them until I read your post

NES Majority:

The 10mm is the most interesting of the Hi Point carbines. I have one on my list and the bullpup conversions have caught my eye. Only reason I haven't bothered getting one yet is primer costs still suck.

Discovered this little thing today

10mm hi point carbine - $400
New chassis - $250
New spring - $5

Now I have a non-ugly bullpup 10mm for $700 with tax . Mags are a whopping $20. and I am pushing 180 grains at 1500+ fps from target ammo. Or I can sling some rather nasty rounds at over 3000 fps Spicy Boys

I actually regret selling my 9mm hi point now. I would totally throw it in that chassis and have a neat gun.

Can you cut this part?

What is the purpose of that thing?

Screenshot_20240114_003119_Chrome.jpg

Do it OP. You would hate it so much that you would shoot it more than all your other guns to just to spite your own tastes. It will become your range king, not your safe queen.

Can you cut this part?

What is the purpose of that thing?

View attachment 838724

I don't know why I even remember this, but here goes. That odd piece of plastic may be to protect your hand in odd barricade positions. The issue is demonstrated just past the 10 minute mark in this video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsk2gBTt7Cg

What they find is that in a barricade position behind a boulder or odd shaped object, your knuckles can get scraped. This stuck in my head because it may explain why the Tavors have their similar, and stupid looking, design. I always thought Tavors look much better with a pistol grip, and this video gave me an "Aha" realization that maybe the designers know something I don't.

Hey op,can u buy the tnw rifle instead of the hipoint?that tnw aero gun look cleaner and nice than the hipoint

I have a TNW Aero in 9mm and can't in good conscious recommend it. Mine had to go back to Oregon three times due to issues with stove piping. The problem went away for quite a while after the third trip, but I started having misfeed issues a few weeks ago. I cleaned my magazines and the issues again seemed to go away, but yesterday I had three misfeed issues from one 10-round Glock 19 magazine. I hope it's the magazine -- I fear it is not. The design also makes it a bit more awkward to break down and clean than other models.

As a result, I shelved plans to either SBR the thing (TNW sells a 10.5" barrel) or to buy a 10mm conversion kit. Not to mention that my "self justification" for a 10mm PCC would be better met by a lightweight Wylde AR-15 build.

Hey op,can u buy the tnw rifle instead of the hipoint?that tnw aero gun look cleaner and nice than the hipoint

Then it would no longer be a bullpup. And there isn't a company that can touch Hi Point's CS. If I put the TNW Aero on train tracks and let a train run it over, they'd laugh at me if I sent it in to be fixed. If I do the same thing to a hi-point, they will fix it. Part of what makes a hi point worth having is no matter how badly your abuse the gun, they will fix it for you.

Back
Top Bottom