• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Owning a Seecamp .32

Rule #1 of gunfighting: bring a gun. I'm not a Seecamp fan, as mentioned, but tiny pistols can be carried in situations where others can't and it's not like .32acp is going to bounce off someone's forehead. Granted it was usually out of 3" barrels but .32 was the standard European officer and police caliber for the better part of 40 years.

One issue with the Seecamp is they're designed for hollowpoints. I'd only shoot FMJ .32 for penetration.
Very important that you take it to the range before carrying it. Years ago, I bought a used gun (not a seecamp) I carried for about 4 months without ever firing it, well one day I took it to the range to fire and guess what? click, no fire. Imagine if I actually needed it during those first months, lesson learned
Totally agree. Its important to know how any gun shoots that you will use for home defense or carry.

But the the Seecamp is not a range gun. Doesn't even have sights and has a good amount of snap. That gun is for very close contact, set your targets accordingly. I would imagine a .32 ACP would stop a threat at 5' - 10'

As others have said, it is good for a BUG or a backup to a BUG and for deep concealment when the situation calls for it. For this purpose, it is awesome.

I have owned one for a long time, back in the day it was a great pocket gun, that being said I think there are many newer lighter and less quirky options now. I still carry and shoot mine regularly. Below is a list of ammo that works. (Individual results may vary) For the range I find the Full Metal Jacket Winchester Q4255 works well due to the shape and length of the bullet.

Seacamp ammo that works = Win Q4255 71gr FMJ, Win Silvertip 60gr HP, Fed Premium Hydra Shok 65gr JHP, Speer Gold Dot 60gr GDHP, PMC 60gr JHP.

Last edited:
I would imagine a .32 Seacamp would stop a threat at 5”-10’’

I can actually hit a human sized target at 10 feet with mine... Doesn't need to be 10 inches. But that is as far back as I stand and I only fire 10 rounds then call it done. There is no point in trying for bullseyes with this thing.

I can actually hit a human sized target at 10 feet with mine... Doesn't need to be 10 inches. But that is as far back as I stand and I only fire 10 rounds then call it done. There is no point in trying for bullseyes with this thing.

With Speer gold dots from 3’ I put a round into a white oak, and the end of the round was sticking out even with the bark.
To be fair though ,I could not pick it out with my fingers.

Did you say "White Oak"? The mightiest of all oaks?

I saw a guy at Marlboro selling a Seecamp, LEO only. ??? Is it not on the AG lack-of-list or something??? I'd never seen that before. It certainly wasn't a hi-cap Seecamp. LOL
That was a Seecamp .380. Not on the list. For some reason, it couldn't pass the testing requirements. Sign probably should have said out-of-state sale only. MA LEOs supposedly can't buy off-roster, right?

I agree.. I think 10-15 feet is a “reasonable” consistent expectation for center of mass type hits.

I've owned a Seecamp .32 for years.

It's my Daily Carry.

Fire a couple of mags thru it each year. Never has failed.

Hurts a bit to shoot - but not as much as being beaten to death by the next Trayon, I'll bet.

Ankle Carry. It's not awkward.

Don't take it to Concerts, but should. They never wand the ankle.

Would buy again in a heartbeat.

As far as it doing the job ? I'm hitting you first anywhere I can. Second thru Sixth Shot is meeting your face. Good luck surviving that.

Yeah, I carry a backup Mag.

Last edited:
It's likely not a "California Edition", which is also known as the "Mass Compliant" version that features a next-to-useless sliding safety button in the trigger blade.

IMG_0002.jpg

Next to useless ?

The SAFETY works - 100%

Somewhat more "Childproof" than most.

Yes, pretty much a two-hand job to activate / de-activate.

If you don't like it, don't engage it.

I owned a seecamp for while and found it to be awkwardly heavy (in a dense kind of way) for pocket carry. Maybe I just didn't have the right holster, but I don't favor pocket carry anyway.

I also never felt adequately protected by .32. IMO, if you are going to carry a handgun for defensive purposes, you should be able to make a small group at 25 feet with it, even if it is just a BUG. I could never do that with the seecamp so I sold it for a PM9 which I can appendix carry all day without even knowing it is there. And I can make small groups out to 50 feet with that gun.

Not to be difficult, but shooting anyone in MASS at 25 feet is not going to go down well in court.

They'll argue you were not in any immediate danger.

This is relevant because even the most ardent Seecamp fan will never praise it as a fun shooter.

It's a last ditch weapon designed to save your life.

That's all.

Not to be difficult, but shooting anyone in MASS at 25 feet is not going to go down well in court.

They'll argue you were not in any immediate danger...

I understand your point, and I don't plan out "scenarios", but your argument doesn't hold up if I'm sitting in the back of a movie theater, or the back of a restaurant, or deep inside a small store in the mall with no exit, etc, etc, etc.

You'll probably never need a gun to defend yourself, but if you do it won't play out the way you think it will.

Last edited:
Very important that you take it to the range before carrying it. Years ago, I bought a used gun (not a seecamp) I carried for about 4 months without ever firing it, well one day I took it to the range to fire and guess what? click, no fire. Imagine if I actually needed it during those first months, lesson learned

Good advice.

I understand your point, and I don't plan out "scenarios", but your argument doesn't hold up if I'm sitting in the back of a movie theater, or the back of a restaurant, or deep inside a small store in the mall with no exit, etc, etc, etc.

You'll probably never need a gun to defend yourself, but if you do it won't play out the way you think it will.

AGREED.

But with no gun, piss your pants and pray.

I'd rather have a 1% chance than NONE.

Give me a moment, drop your guard, and my little toy will earn its keep.

(if I ain't too drunk :p)

AGREED.

But with no gun, piss your pants and pray.

I'd rather have a 1% chance than NONE.

Give me a moment, drop your guard, and my little toy will earn its keep.

(if I ain't too drunk :p)
Oh, I always carry a gun, and a knife (sometimes two) but never a .32. :)

I've owned a Seecamp .32 for years.

It's my Daily Carry.

Fire a couple of mags thru it each year. Never has failed.

Hurts a bit to shoot - but not as much as being beaten to death by the next Trayon, I'll bet.

Ankle Carry. It's not awkward.

Don't take it to Concerts, but should. They never wand the ankle.

Would buy again in a heartbeat.

As far as it doing the job ? I'm hitting you first anywhere I can. Second thru Sixth Shot is meeting your face. Good luck surviving that.

Yeah, I carry a backup Mag.

Now that's a review!

Back
Top Bottom