• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Owning a Seecamp .32

Purchased a Seecamp .32 about 6 mos ago. Wanted to tell you all my feelings on this pocket pistol. I am super impressed with the quality of build, and the ease of use in concealed carry locations. The 7 round capacity of Winchester Silver tips in this small
pistol do not leave me worrying about it's caliber nor it's size for defensive situations.
I also like the safety built into the California edition as well. When my grandkids come to visit, I always slide that safety on even when it's out of sight and in my pocket or IWB
holster. I haven't gone to the range yet with this one nor my SR1911, but will very soon.
They are now making them in an all black version, if that is your preference. Bought mine for $500 after seeing my Retired Providence Cop friend who weighs in at 275 carrying one. It's short range defense at it's best with a minimum sized pocket rocket... thought you should know.
Sarge

Try getting it out of your pocket fast,under STRESS and in the firing position .

Lefty, with the safety on.

It will be the last time you put the safety on.

The trigger pull is 5 miles long and #10 pull.

Then try to unchamber a round,

It takes a lot of specific to that piece practice.

I've owned two Larry-era Seecamps and dealt with the new owner after they moved to Mass. Not impressed with the guns or their quality. They're my gold standard for overrated. Unless you need the smallest WxH dimensions possible you're better off getting a lighter poly pistol like a P32, LCP, TCP, etc.

Purchased a Seecamp .32 about 6 mos ago. Wanted to tell you all my feelings on this pocket pistol. I am super impressed with the quality of build, and the ease of use in concealed carry locations. The 7 round capacity of Winchester Silver tips in this small
pistol do not leave me worrying about it's caliber nor it's size for defensive situations.
I also like the safety built into the California edition as well. When my grandkids come to visit, I always slide that safety on even when it's out of sight and in my pocket or IWB
holster. I haven't gone to the range yet with this one nor my SR1911, but will very soon.
They are now making them in an all black version, if that is your preference. Bought mine for $500 after seeing my Retired Providence Cop friend who weighs in at 275 carrying one. It's short range defense at it's best with a minimum sized pocket rocket... thought you should know.
Sarge

I wouldn't carry it until you had some range time with it. It has a bit of snap to it.

Id like to see an honest range report .

Why would the former cops weight be a factor in pocket carrying something that tiny? Im 215 and pocket carry a shockwave.

Years ago I looked at a Seecamp, I was impressed by it. Bought a Colt Mustang in .380 instead. Seemed like less to go wrong and slightly bigger mouse.

I had one for a short while (few months?) and broke it (because the manual of arms sucks). Seecamp actually fixed the gun and I didn't break it again. That said, to keep it from jamming, to keep it reliably, I had to DEATH GRIP the pistol. (basically if your hand wasn't in pain, the gun was going to jam). After that I sold it and the dealer told me the hammer broke off it on the guy that bought it, and Seecamp fixed it again for them... LOL... so glad to be rid of that turd. Never again, no thanks.

Also to the OP.... .32 ACP is questionable for SD at best. I remember shooting things with that pistol... sometimes the 32s would not puncture through stuff that a
.22 LR would easily blow right through.

Nowadays I won't carry anything less than a .380 .

-Mike

A .32 out of a 1-inch ish barrel and you are not worried about the caliber? I would recommend you rethink that and start worrying.

Rule #1 of gunfighting: bring a gun. I'm not a Seecamp fan, as mentioned, but tiny pistols can be carried in situations where others can't and it's not like .32acp is going to bounce off someone's forehead. Granted it was usually out of 3" barrels but .32 was the standard European officer and police caliber for the better part of 40 years.

One issue with the Seecamp is they're designed for hollowpoints. I'd only shoot FMJ .32 for penetration.

I owned a seecamp for while and found it to be awkwardly heavy (in a dense kind of way) for pocket carry. Maybe I just didn't have the right holster, but I don't favor pocket carry anyway.

I also never felt adequately protected by .32. IMO, if you are going to carry a handgun for defensive purposes, you should be able to make a small group at 25 feet with it, even if it is just a BUG. I could never do that with the seecamp so I sold it for a PM9 which I can appendix carry all day without even knowing it is there. And I can make small groups out to 50 feet with that gun.

A few years ago my friendly local FFL had one for sale.
I was kind of interested so checked it out.
The first time I racked the slide the damn thing sliced open the web of my hand.
No thanks, not interested any more.

I would not be too excited until you go to the range with any gun, let alone a Seecamp. Very picky with ammo, snappy, tends to jam, and if it does good luck. IMHO many other more reliable and practical small guns today. Seecamp was more popular when the current crop did not exist. Let us know how you feel after you run a few boxes through it.... good luck.

I've owned one since 1998. For what it is and does it is a nice little piece. I shoot it once or twice a year and feel comfortable carrying it for its intended purpose, which is very deep conceal carry in very warm weather. I have no illusions to its limited capabilities and is why I consider it a belly button gun.

That is to say, if it was ever actually needed, I would push it as deeply as I could into the belly button of the intended recipient to gain the advantage of bodily penetration, twist the muzzle upward at a 45 degree angle and empty the magazine with the hopes of rattling a few off the ribs, lungs and other vitals. All while whispering to myself under my breath, "Come on hit something, hit something!" o_O

I did try it on my own belly button after verifying it was empty, but I lost it and haven't seen it since...

~Matt

Rule #1 of gunfighting: bring a gun. I'm not a Seecamp fan, as mentioned, but tiny pistols can be carried in situations where others can't and it's not like .32acp is going to bounce off someone's forehead. Granted it was usually out of 3" barrels but .32 was the standard European officer and police caliber for the better part of 40 years.

One issue with the Seecamp is they're designed for hollowpoints. I'd only shoot FMJ .32 for penetration.

If I recall correctly, ammo specifically recommended for them is Winchester silvertip.

Conflicted here...

I like mouse guns.
I still have an lws32.

20years who they were the thing, cutting edge, amazing. Well 20 yrs later everything has changed. And there are a lot more offerings out there.

But Seecamp has not changed.

If I were to pick a keeper mouse gun. I’d go for either a keltec or NAA. Even the Sig 238 is a viable and better option if you step up to 380. And it is not much bigger, and weight seems to be around the same.

For me it’s the nostalgia and mystique of that time that I keep it.

I hope you haven’t been carrying it for 6 months without taking it to the range and making sure it actually goes ‘bang’.

I would question your dedication to preserving your own life if so. That’s bad juju man.

Example good; One of my 1911’s that I’ve carried daily for years and never once had an issue with, thousands of rounds all good. Couple years ago I messed up my hand pretty good in a fight, needed surgery, have nerve damage etc in my hand and arm so I didn’t shoot for a long time while trying to heal. Before putting it away for a while I had a friend change out the springs, barrel etc with all new parts.

Took it out just 2 weeks ago to try my hand and see how it does. At the range with my favorite 1911 again, I’m stoked right, “trigger press-click.” Nothing.

Tried several different mags. Nothing but the “click” of the hammer dropping.

Took it down to Greg at ArmsTech, great guy by the way, great shop, he called me and said whoever worked on that pistol for you, don’t ever let them touch it again. It was missing part(s).

Moral of the story, even with a pistol that I’d carried daily for years with zero problems and thousands of rounds, I’m glad I test fired it before carrying it again, it may have saved my own life by that simple disciplined action.

Good luck with yours and happy shooting.

That is to say, if it was ever actually needed, I would push it as deeply as I could into the belly button of the intended recipient to gain the advantage of bodily penetration, twist the muzzle upward at a 45 degree angle and empty the magazine with the hopes of rattling a few off the ribs, lungs and other vitals.
giphy.gif

Seecamp specifies hollowpoints because the cartridge OAL is shorter than with FMJ or round nose bullets.
This is important because the longer cartridges don't fit in the magazine.
I have one of these myself and found these rounds to work superbly, and they're hotter than the Winchester Silvertips.

452046.jpg

Funny. Seecamp can't hold ball. KelTec P32's can, and have had historical problems with rimlock. (Insert your own juvenile joke here.)

I saw a guy at Marlboro selling a Seecamp, LEO only. ??? Is it not on the AG lack-of-list or something??? I'd never seen that before. It certainly wasn't a hi-cap Seecamp. LOL

LEO only Seecamp?? I can't imagine why. Or that a cop would carry one. I have one but only because I was a MA resident at the time. Otherwise I would have gone with the Keltec. I guess I could swap them now that I am in NH but I have been too lazy. Plus no one up here will want it and I will have to do the FFL transfer to MA thing.

I was hoping you were but you never know!

My first paragraph was serious.
The second two... not so much. Lol.
Imagine to try and find a belly button in that situation, not to mention what the guy might think you were trying to do.
I hope he's got a rape whistle...

It's likely not a "California Edition", which is also known as the "Mass Compliant" version that features a next-to-useless sliding safety button in the trigger blade.

IMG_0002.jpg

Oh.... I don't think mine has one of those. The 20 pound trigger pull is all the safety it needs. Can't pull trigger? Then can't accidentally fire.

Back
Top Bottom