• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Open Carry In Detroit May Not Be Such A Good Idea

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
there are many new Wayne County and Detroit firearm owners - and unfortunately they don’t have the ability to properly, legally obtain their CPLs."

Kenyatta is referring to the nearly year-long wait to get an appointment with the Wayne County Clerk to apply for a Concealed Pistol License. He and others believe that could lead to more people open carrying.

So you need a license to Concealed Carry.
You can open carry without a license.
License takes one year.
Can blame this one on "gun control"

Open Carry In Detroit May Not Be Such A Good Idea

Thinking about it just being in Detroit may not be such a good idea.
There are reasons to go there - several decent breweries, great BBQ, auto museums.

You may have me on the auto museums but I drink and eat for effect and flavor. I can get good beer, booze and food without Detroit so its off my bucket list.
Best BBQ I've ever had was in Detroit. You do realize that you're not going to get shot at just because you set foot in the city, right? It's dangerous but it's not a warzone or something.

Carrying concealed you have the element of surprise on your side, but with open carry, you lose that advantage.
So open carry a gun that shoots backwards.
Silencers_28.jpg

You can build good reflexive pistol retention skills but it takes full force on force training and a lot of repetition. Carrying a pistol on your hip thinking that alone will be a good deterrent is a big mistake.

Best BBQ I've ever had was in Detroit. You do realize that you're not going to get shot at just because you set foot in the city, right? It's dangerous but it's not a warzone or something.

I wasn't worried about getting shot by going there. Just not a fan of big cities. Bronx zoo is nice, still hate being in NY city. Great Greek food in Queens but not really worth it to me.

Am I just seeing things or does that have like a 100 round mag in it. Also brilliant to run after the dude that just swiped ur gun.

That’s why I open carry with an empty chamber.
I can never find the video, or maybe it was an article online.

Basically, some operator dude saying he carries either 1 or 2 snap caps for when the bad guy takes his gun. There was a thread on NES about him.

Maybe the same guy working at The Gun Parlor selling high cap mags to military.

"Police say when they initially put the notice for information out they already had the suspect in custody but didn't realize it because he was being held in connection with another crime. A detective saw him on the news and contacted the PIO."

Now that’s funny.

"You mean, we already caught the guy? Did we let him go yet? No? Woo-hoo!"

“What do you mean, we’re letting him go. Without charges? WTF?”

"Catch you later" has a whole new meaning these days...

This is true of every major city. But I'm also not going to Detroit without a reason most likely work related.

Go see the lions... nope
Pistons... nope
Don't like hockey or baseball so those are out.

Outside of that nothing that I can't get elsewhere. So no point in going... but I say that about nearly every city

Back
Top Bottom