OK, so shall I EF10 my stripped lowers or not? Clear opinion please, lets not turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be filing more FA-10's within the State's 7 day window allotted for compliance.

My "strategy" involves honoring the letter of the law as it was written--and not according to the AG's whimsical interpretations.

Apparently she has just "decreed" (what else can you call it?) that a stripped lower receiver is a firearm--which stands in direct legal contrast to the actual text of MA firearms law.

I'd say that the wheels just came off her gambit.

Her willfully distorted interpretation of such a simple matter of law speaks for itself.
This is what I was thinking. Last night I EFA-10ed the 4 stripped lowers that I finished building last Tuesday. I think the window for doing this will probably close soon. All they have to do is program their computer to reject the transaction when you type in AR-15 when they ask for the model.

There seems to be a lot of fear surrounding obeying the law.

You are a law-abiding citizen, and theoretically the law exists to offer you protection.

If you have a lawfully owned stripped lower, and the transfer is documented in an FFL's bound book, purchased at ANY point in the last 20 years, the seven day window provided by law to "register" it via FA-10 may well be your last opportunity to legally register it in MA.

Think about that.

Shit post is shit... an FA-10 filing , strictly speaking, is not required for lawful possession of ANYTHING in MA. Period, end, full stop. The AG's edict does not change that situation, as having intact "registrations" for firearms is not compulsory in MA. So right now there are tons of people in MA with a bunch of ARs that the state doesn't know about... because they were not legally obligated to file when they moved here. . Amongst other things.

You guys are investing way too much time in being mindlessly obeisant in a vain, cockeyed attempt thinking that it's going to save your ass when the dust settles. You're wasting your time. We don't even know what the **** the law really even says yet because of the legal fog going on. Making uneducated guesses is pissing into the wind.

Go ahead, file if you want, but that doesn't mean its going to save you from anything. I just don't see the allure of this procedural arm flapping at this time.

-Mike

Ok, sounds like if you previously owned a lower - you CAN safely register it now.

I have 7 days from the 20th to decide for sure.

Is that the consensus here?

I'll be checking up on this tomorrow at the rally to get more opinions.

You can keep trusting Hitler telling you disneyland is where the trains are going to take you. I wouldn't trust a word out of that ****ing ****'s office. A crackhead on a street corner is more likely to have your best interests than that bitch.

If this stuff bothers you guys that much, I would wait until Comm2A, Goal, or some independent authority actually addresses these issues.

-Mike

"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, When government fears the people there is liberty."~~Thomas Jefferson

Mass gun owners after Healy edict bullshit, trying to log into E-FA-10 portal for no apparently good reason....

Don't be like this kid. For the love of god. Stop the insanity. Please. I beg of you.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
She's saying they're all illegal after 1998, but for now you can keep them....
So i can't understand this rush to file fa-10.... either you already did it right or your falsifying you built them(or actually assembled each lower and slapped an upper on it only to take the parts off and move them to the next lower your "building" before the registration cut off, either way impossible to prove.)

So if she's saying there illegal why bother with the fa-10 then? Its already known that if your a felon in possession of a firearm you cant be charged with failing to register said firearm. Do to the 5th amendment.

It really doesnt matter youll get jammed up either way...

Last edited:
She's saying they're all illegal after 1998, but for now you can keep them....
So i can't understand this rush to file fa-10.... either you already did it right or your falsifying you built them(or actually assembled each lower and slapped an upper on it only to take the parts off and move them to the next lower your "building" before the registration cut off, either way impossible to prove.)

So if she's saying there illegal why bother with the fa-10 them? Its already known that if your a felon in possession of a firearm you cant be charged with failing to register said firearm. Do the the 5th amendment.

It really doesnt matter youll get jammed up either way...

The rush, and what makes this all so retarded, is that none of us WANT to break the law. We bend over backwards and take it up the backside to "do the right thing" and now no one has a $#@!ing clue what that is anymore.

At least hitler made his bullshit laws clear.

There is no way to check if a hypothetical lower was FA10'd by the shop at purchase from the system as a citizen, right?

Also, no way to check what transfers they have in the system for you as an individual?

Just curious and want to confirm.

I just spelled it out, either way your breaking her version of the "LAW" FA-10 or not.

Last edited:
You can keep trusting Hitler telling you disneyland is where the trains are going to take you. I wouldn't trust a word out of that ****ing ****'s office. A crackhead on a street corner is more likely to have your best interests than that bitch.

If this stuff bothers you guys that much, I would wait until Comm2A, Goal, or some independent authority actually addresses these issues.

-Mike

I actually spoke with GOAL about this very issue at the rally this morning. He agreed with me 100%., and agreed that the State would be trying to prosecute someone for OBEYING the law.

In another post you seemed confused about exactly WTF we are even talking about.

We're talking about builds (within 1 week pre-7/20) which can and must be registered via FA-10 per Mass Law.

The "directive" refers to possession, on/before 7/20. Filing fa10 within 7 days of that? Why not?

If the firearms in question are illegal after 7/20, they are and were infact illegal before 7/20.if you have them you must fa10 them within 7 days of building them... if they are illegal you cant be compelled to register them. If you do fa10 then your registering an illegal firearm.
The whole 7/20 thing makes no difference, that can be revisited anytime.

Im not saying dont fa10 them im just saying it doesnt matter.

If the firearms in question are illegal after 7/20, they are and were infact illegal before 7/20.if you have them you must fa10 them within 7 days of building them... if they are illegal you cant be compelled to register them. If you do fa10 then your registering an illegal firearm.
The whole 7/20 thing makes no difference, that can be revisited anytime.

Im not saying dont fa10 them im just saying it doesnt matter.

It will matter if you get jammed up with a complete rifle and no fa10. You can't go into court and pull a Hillary. The truth is no one really knows what to do exactly. Personally in would rather say I tried to follow the law gray or not than say what difference does it make in court. I would suggest do what you want I don't think they are coming after any non ffl,s

I registered a full build today that I had finished before the deadline. Seemed like the safest bet. Having spare lowers makes the decision easier. Either way it's an illegal gun according to the AG, just less illegal.

If I only had one lower, I don't think registering it as built, even though it's not, is a good idea.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Having a complete rifle and no FA-10 is not illegal...so im not sure what your getting at..If you do get jammed up there are much better defenses than "hey i tried".

I dont own anything this effects, im just giving my opinion that it doesnt matter either way.
We can agree to disagree. Im not sure what i would do if i had to decide, but for those effected your window to make a decision is closing.

I didn't peruse all 17 pages of this thread, not sure if this was mentioned: By not filing a FA-10, aren't you pretty much exercising your Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination? I wouldn't file...you'd be incriminating yourself.

Having a complete rifle and no FA-10 is not illegal...so im not sure what your getting at..If you do get jammed up there are much better defenses than "hey i tried".

I dont own anything this effects, im just giving my opinion that it doesnt matter either way.
We can agree to disagree. Im not sure what i would do if i had to decide, but for those effected your window to make a decision is closing.
Then why did we get a Post on here a while ago from a Known FFL stating that you need to file an EFA-10 when its completed?
Like I said before if "obtained" Before the 20th then the Lower is already a "Bought" Assault Rifle and she will not go after you. Never ONCE have i read anything about her stating not one word on registering your firearm Now.

Last edited:
I didn't peruse all 17 pages of this thread, not sure if this was mentioned: By not filing a FA-10, aren't you pretty much exercising your Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination? I wouldn't file...you'd be incriminating yourself.

I 100% agree with you. But I wouldn't bet on a liberal mass jury agreeing with you. Everything is gray and that part of the reason we are not hearing from lawyers chiming in. I asked one on Wednesday who is a friend, he laughed at me on what I should do with my personally finished lowers that have been sitting in my safe for years.

Then why did we get a Post on here a while ago from a Known FFL stating that you need to file an EFA-10 when its completed?
Like I said before if "obtained" Before the 20th then the Lower is already a "Bought" Assault Rifle and she will not go after you. Never ONCE have i read anything about her stating not one word on registering your firearm Now.

First of all dont get firearms law from an FFL
Second of all "her saying she will not go after you" is useless she may or the next AG may
Third, an fa10 must only be filed if you build it instate while a resident of the state, or you buy it out of state and bring it into the state while you are a resident of the state.....ifyou cant read between the lines of what ive just typed, im sorry.. thats all i have to say about it

The safest thing to do is not register them, but wait to build them until the law is clarified or it's time to use them.
It's just so crazy and I know I'm just furious right now on this crap. I have plenty to have fun with and to those out there that couldn't buy an AR or AK in time I offer some play time with my Rifles + Ammo for the next 2 weeks at my Club (Andover sportsman's club). Hit me up when Bored

Welcome to MA where even if you follow the law your breaking the law.

It's definitely a shame for those who dont have them or were not legally eligible to buy them before this BS

I mean, won't somebody think of the children?!

One of the most logical and level-headed posts so far.

Howzabout act like a law-abiding citizen until it's time to NOT act like a law-abiding citizen?

Totally illogical? Totally NOT level-headed? Not adult enough for you?

If I wanted an illegal gun I could get one, right? And I could hide it. And nobody would ever possibly know--until they did, YAAAAHTCH!, who woulda thunk I'd have a house-fire?--and then they're taking your picture with a booking plate under your chin.

Hey, I have to admit--I don't like getting on short lists, and maybe NOT building is a smart idea. Roll the dice/wait and see. But if you DIDN'T build out of fear, and the AG's asshattery holds up inre: no new sales/registrations, you might just be kicking yourself in the ass that you didn't get in under the deadline.

YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom