Octoberfest

dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:
Ed and I won't be able to make it to the dindin.

Waaaahhhhh!!! [cry]

I understand the priorities, but... waaaahhhhhh!

You're still not off the hook going shooting with me, though. How's Friday?

Ross

Let me check the schedule and I'll get back to ya....it might be doable. :D

I'll still be there, right after we leave the Gun Show in Manchester.

I'll be the one wearing jeans and a black sweatshirt with a DeadHorse MC logo on it, probably orange print. The logo will either be the horse skull and bones, or a variation of "The end of the Trail" picture.

Should be getting to the show between 9 and 10:30.

Putting Serious Father Figure Hat on:

I don't want to be a party pooper, but we are a community here and I don't want to see anyone get hurt in any way.

If you think that you might drink to excess, bring a "designated driver" with you! Otherwise always remember that even getting stopped for "suspected" OUI anywhere could cost you your LTC in MA for life! ["Suitability Discretion" by chief and most chiefs that I know will revoke/suspend on arrest AND regardless of outcome, they won't re-issue a LTC.]

Otherwise have a fun time. Hope to see lots of you tomorrow.

Len, I seriously doubt most folks here could resist my persuasion for them to ride with someone else. And I WILL have a designated driver, and if you think I'm tough to argue with, she's WORSE.

Please folks, I HATE going to funerals, or jails to bail people out.

Who else is going to the Gun Show?

I don't think I will be going to the show, there isn't much I need right now, and I need to buy a new TV...

Adam

O trust me down here,it is a sea of carhart,plaid, and camo. I have gotten Glenn to wear someting I can identify easily in that sea. [lol]

Where you're at, yes. I've got friends just south of you. They wear camo a lot, especially Dave and Rage.

I was thinking since Manchester is so close to Boston, they may be into more urban stuff, but then, I also see the guys put on their hunting clothes to go to a gun show, in Vermont in February or March. I laugh. Just remember, the DeadHorse and biker shirts aren't a "costume" for me. That's what I usually wear during the course of the year.

MrsWildweasel said:
Down that way wouldn't know. Try to stay out of the Boston area.

Well, we already knew you were a smart lady! [lol]

Wish I could stay out of Boston, too... but that's where the job is, so... [cry]

Adam_MA said:
It was a joke, because of how much cammo seen at gun shows.

I know that. They always have put their "costume" on to go to the gun show. At least half of them up here are wearing hunting clothes. The rest are usually dressed in everyday stuff. Most of the folks wearing Harley shirts wear them year round, anyways. Remember, I'm usually on the back side of the table.

It still makes me giggle, though. Nothing like showing the dealers that you're a fish. I won't cheat them, though, since I won't cheat anybody. Bad for business later on. But we don't haggle. Put a fair price on it, and stick with it.

Oh, I know. If Glenn wasn't working at the university,he'd be in industry. Which is not around here. He lucked into the job. If he hadn't gotten that job,he would have re-enlisted back into the Army. Since I was pregnant with Alan at that time. Funny how things work out in life.

Nickle said:
Adam_MA said:
It was a joke, because of how much cammo seen at gun shows.

I know that. They always have put their "costume" on to go to the gun show. At least half of them up here are wearing hunting clothes.

I always wondered why folks thought they had to wear cammie to a gun show... Maybe they're stalking the elusive bargain!

I usually tend to wear jeans and a t-shirt. Might be a US Navy t-shirt (wife works for a Navy contractor, remember) or a Beemer t-shirt. Or just one with a silly saying. Or the square & compasses. But I don't see the need to look like the punchline for a Bill Engvalls joke.

Ross

Adam_MA said:
LenS said:
I'll be wearing a camo hat.

I'm sure that will be easy to find at a gun show! :D

Adam, I've only seen one other copy of my hat . . . although it was purchased at the Hopkinton (NH) State Fair last year, so there may be more in NH. [wink]

I'd wear my GOAL hat or jacket, but then dealers wouldn't want to talk with me about anything! [cry]

I only bought that hat because I liked the eagle over the US Flag, not because it is camo.

I've had one person look at it and say "NRA?". My response was "might as well be" since NRA also stands for patriotism!

Otherwise I'll either be in olive drab BDU look-alike pants (not camo) or jeans and a non-descript jacket (given the weather).

Back
Top Bottom