***Official 1st Annual Northeastshooters.com Octoberfest ***

What weekend is better for everyone?

• Total voters
It looks like a really nice place, and I think there wont be a problem finding a near by camp ground and motel/hotel.

Looks like it's in Jaffrey, NH, but I'd try Hadley, NH to get a better judgement of distance, since Hadley is on US 202 between Jaffrey and Petersborough. Either one will give you a general idea.

Evening comradery is the best part, Lynne. That's why I always camp on-site at bike rallies. I get to socialize with my friends drinking beer to the wee hours.

Of course, sometimes we just camp out at a bar.

Nickle said:
Evening comradery is the best part, Lynne. That's why I always camp on-site at bike rallies. I get to socialize with my friends drinking beer to the wee hours.

Of course, sometimes we just camp out at a bar.

I know hun, and depending on when it is, we might be able to do that, but $$'s are tight with me not working and we'd have to board the dog. We'll see...

Found a couple Inn's in the area:

Benjamin Prescott Inn
Route 124 East, 433 Turnpike Road
Jaffrey, NH 03452

and

Apple Gate Bed and Breakfast
199 Upland Farm Road, Route 123 S
Peterborough, NH 03458

Looks like a nice campground. There are motel/hotes that are pet friendly. I just have to line up my niece for critter sitting. :D

derek said:
Lynne said:
derek said:
I'm waiting for the event coordinator of the Monadnock range to get back to me.

Where is it?

http://www.monadnockrodandgunclub.org/index.htm

Jaffrey

I don't know why I'm not seeing that this thread is showing as new posts.

Anyway, this place seens to rent out their sites. And, what would be cool is to plan it around one of their Flea Market/Swap Meets...

That way we can all shoot, play, and maybe even pick up some cool stuff.

One dilema I may have is the amount of firearms (and type) that I plan on bringing. I'm kind of worried about security during the evening hours, therefore, camping gives me a better personal handle on security. If you knew what I've got, you'll understand, I'm sure.

Lynne's been pretty quiet today, I think she is getting ready for the re-enactment this weekend in Groton.

I haven't heard of any set date for Octoerfest yet. I'm hoping I can make it whenever it turns out to be.

Chris

derek said:
I'm waiting for the event coordinator of the Monadnock range to get back to me.

And there's your answer. Depends on when we can get a range, and a campground, I would guess. I think he's looking into somewhere in Early to the 3d week of October, if I'm not mistaken. I know a few folks had some serious conflicts.

cdkayak said:
Lynne's been pretty quiet today, I think she is getting ready for the re-enactment this weekend in Groton.

I haven't heard of any set date for Octoerfest yet. I'm hoping I can make it whenever it turns out to be.

Chris

I was busy and on the road at 1PM. :D And, Nickle posted the answer to SR's question anywho.

I've may have just lost two weekends in October. Oct. 1st. is the Youth Field Day at Scarborough & I'll be helping out on that. Then the weekend of the 15th I'll probably be in NJ for a relatives wedding.

I think the only weekend I'm committed for in Sept. is the weekend of the 10th, State Service Rifle match in Hampden. Oh yeah, Labor Day is out as well, family coming to visit.

It's amazing, 5-6 years ago I probably only had 3 weekend a year where I had commitments! :) Now I'm struggling to find time to get the kayak on the water along with everything else that's going on. :(

CD

Back
Top Bottom