• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Octoberfest photos

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
So there were 9 of us there today: Adam_MA was the first to arrive, followed by the Dwarven1 (that's me) and then Nickle and his lady Marlyn. Then came WildWeasel, MrsWildWeasel, Lens, Derek and last to arrive was KMaurer.

We hung out and yakked for about 3 hours or so. Much fun was had. Y'all really oughta try and get to the next one!

Where it was held - as you can see, the rain was pouring down like a cow pissin' on a flat rock! Good thing we didn't try to have a shoot this time.
DSCF0017.jpg

Adam_MA hoisting his first of the day
DSCF0019.jpg

Marlyn (prounounced "Marilyn but not spelled with the i) caught eating a tortilla chip
DSCF0020.jpg

Nickle and LenS
DSCF0021.jpg

Derek looking like he wants to crash after the drive up from hell (or Massachusetts) - he got caught in some bad traffic - there was a semi jackknifed on 495N - I went past it shortly after it'd happened and there hadn't been time for traffic to build up yet.
DSCF0022.jpg

Mr & Mrs WildWeasel - Sue? I owe you some weasel biscuits! Good job!
DSCF0023.jpg

C'est moi, c'est moi, I blush to admit; I'm far too noble to lie!
DSCF0024.jpg

And KMaurer as tail-end charlie.
DSCF0025.jpg

Very nice pictures, Dwarven1.

I wish I could have been there, but playing in the puddles at Riverside was a hoot. (Real men ain't afraid of a little rain.)

I hope to join you guys at the next bash. Planning another get together for the December holidays?

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I'm glad that you guys had a great time. It looks like you guys had fun.

Like C-X, I wish that we could have been there. We'll have to shoot for the next one. Maybe if we do one around Christmas, we'll go. I'm sure that we can make plans to go up to Freeport to hit LL Bean.

Damn!
If I hadn't been exchanging e-mails w/ Derek as long as I did, he might have got on the road a wee bit quicker and avoided that whole traffic snarl-up. Sorry about that, Derek.

Not bad photos Ross, by the way..............

Scott (CJC)

Nice photos. I'm sorry I missed it. Maybe next time.

Coming back from Berlin at around 14:00 traffic was still backed up on 495N. It sounds like it took a while to clear.

Cross-X said:
(Real men ain't afraid of a little rain.)

Real men don't need to go looking for it... or bragging how they're not afraid of it, either. [twisted]

Hope you all can make the next one, too. There should be more photos in the offing soon from Len and Ken.

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Cross-X said:
(Real men ain't afraid of a little rain.)

Real men don't need to go looking for it... or bragging how they're not afraid of it, either. [twisted]

Hope you all can make the next one, too. There should be more photos in the offing soon from Len and Ken.

Ross

And Real Men never argue with crips.

[roll]

I missed you guys - thanks for posting the pics Ross.

(BTW - her first shot was a bull! :D Gun - $280.00, Ammo - $10.00, her expression - PRICELESS! :D :D :D )

BTW, I'm assuming that everyone got home safe and sound without any problems due to the weather, yes?

Speaking of rain...it finally stopped here, but Haverhill is under a flood watch ... and I live 100 feet from the river. [roll]

Lynne said:
BTW, I'm assuming that everyone got home safe and sound without any problems due to the weather, yes?

Speaking of rain...it finally stopped here, but Haverhill is under a flood watch ... and I live 100 feet from the river. [roll]

I can't tell you how many ways are blocked in North Attleboro because of high water. It's crazy. It took us all day to get some errands done because of all the detours.

Lynne, we missed you too!

It was a terrible drive up to NH. Saw a few multi-car accidents, but they were on the other side of Rte. 3 and didn't impact me. I was exhausted after a 50 minute trip (to Nashua) became ~1hr 15 min. I gave up on the gun show and just did some shopping at Costco's instead on the way up. You couldn't see the car ahead of you with the rain and water kicked up by other cars.

Way back was also bleak until I pulled off at Hudson, NH to go to Sam's Club and Wal-Mart (for more ammo). Left there ~7PM and it wasn't nearly as bad on the way home.

Just glad we didn't have a shoot scheduled. You can see in the picture of me that I am soaked thru in spots (and I was wearing a jacket) and that was from a quick walk from Costco's door to my car before I drove up to Merrimack!

We all got home fine. Had a great time. Nickle and Marlyn are staying the night here and off to Yankee candle tomorrow. Missed you guys and hopefully the next one we put together we can get more to show up. I am also glad we did not have a shoot today. On the way up on 3 Glenn and I just got out of a 5 car pile up ahead of us on the way up to NH. We really thought we were going to be in the middle of it. We figure they were probably still piling up behind us. Glenn got us around it and that was all the excitement we wanted for the rest of the day.

Yes it was a good time. The drive up and back sucked, but it was nice to put faces with some of the names.

Hope we can do it again soon.

Adam

Whaddaya think about sometime after the Holidays, when we'll all sure be going crazy from cabin fever.
We can take the show right into the heart of anti territory; Boston!
Years ago a whole slew of us got together at a gun show in Sturbridge at one of the hotels; stayed for the weekend, raided the pool and the little bar/nightclub they had.
Just a thought.

There was another smash-up (enough to justify 2 ambulances) on 3N that slowed me down, or I would have been there earlier. Besides, somebody responsible has to ride drag on you people. Great time, but we missed Lynne & Ed. Next time.

Ken

Adam_MA said:
Yes it was a good time. The drive up and back sucked, but it was nice to put faces with some of the names.

Adam

BTW Adam - you don't look ANYTHING like your avatar! [lol] [lol] [lol]

Lynne said:
Adam_MA said:

Adam

BTW Adam - you don't look ANYTHING like your avatar! [lol] [lol] [lol]

Really?
I thought it was a very close likeness! :D

Adam

Grifter said:
I should swing by the next one. You know, help you guys get your walkers out of the cars, make sure you all took your medication.

He's making fun of people who are armed... Probably not the brightest idea. [roll]

Just remember, Grifter, youth and skill are no match for age and treachery. [twisted]

Back
Top Bottom