• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Octoberfest photos

TonyD said:
Good pics, Ross. Can I suggest south Georgia for the next one?

Sure. Suggest away! [twisted]

I could probably get behind one held somewhere down south in, oh, say late February or early March... bout the time that we're starting to wonder if the snow will ever melt. :)

OK, NH non-resident permits are honored in GA. No prob.

Since Derek picked up the tab for this one, you're paying for the next one, right? :D

Grifter said:
I should swing by the next one. You know, help you guys get your walkers out of the cars, make sure you all took your medication. [twisted]

j/k

We're only as old as we feel, you yound whippersnapper.....now what did I do with my cane?

[wink]

Lynne said:
Grifter said:
I should swing by the next one. You know, help you guys get your walkers out of the cars, make sure you all took your medication.

We're only as old as we feel, you yound whippersnapper.....now what did I do with my cane?

[wink]

When you find it, beat him with it. Or I'll loan you mine. [lol]

Marlyn and I wish to thank Derek for so generously putting all of us together. I forgot to tell him that Saturday.

We also wish to thank Sue and Glenn for so graciously putting us up. Marlyn enjoys Western Mass quite a bit, especially the area where you both live. And of course, she just loves the animals.

This is definitely something that needs to be done several times a year.

Will see what we can put together for the next one. Nickle you and Marlyn are welcome down here anytime. We really enjoyed having you guys. How was Yankee Candle? When they have their tent sale next fall I'll let you know. Also right after the holidays is their other big sale.

Nickle said:
Marlyn and I wish to thank Derek for so generously putting all of us together. I forgot to tell him that Saturday.

We also wish to thank Sue and Glenn for so graciously putting us up. Marlyn enjoys Western Mass quite a bit, especially the area where you both live. And of course, she just loves the animals.

This is definitely something that needs to be done several times a year.

Thank's Nickle, but I can't take any credit. MrsWildweasel did all of the leg work for the get toegther. [wink] She deserves the kudos on a job well done. :D

Maybe we can make plans to come out there for that one, after the holidays. Nicolle is a freak for Yankee Candles.

And like I said, I'm sure that I can talk the wifey into going to the next one if it's before the holidays. As she has been saying that she wants to do an overnight to Freeport to go to LL Bean and the rest of the outlets up there.

So, if you plan one for then let us know.

We'll have to see what is going on for everyone then. As far as Yankee Candle,come on up. We are not too far from it, where we live.

derek said:
Thank's Nickle, but I can't take any credit. MrsWildweasel did all of the leg work for the get toegther. [wink] She deserves the kudos on a job well done. :D

She put the weekend together, yes, I already thanked her for that, in person.

You've put this wonderful forum together, and it's attracted some great people. The weekend would've never happened without that. Thanks for putting the forum together.

C-pher said:
And like I said, I'm sure that I can talk the wifey into going to the next one if it's before the holidays. As she has been saying that she wants to do an overnight to Freeport to go to LL Bean and the rest of the outlets up there.

Hmmm, seems like Tank (Brett), Mrs Tank (Holly), Sue and I will be talking. Brett and Holly live in that part of Maine. Maybe they'll be interested in helping find a spot there, this coming year, after Brett gets back from the Sand Box.

If it's something after the holidays maybe just a meet and greet at a hotel with a bar and resturant. That way we can have some cocktails and walk to our rooms.

Okay, Glenn and I also have a friend in the area, we'll see about getting ahold of him for ideas where. I'll start working on it. Time frame anyone?

Many thanks to Derek for creating this place, thus facilitating a get-together.

Thanks also go to Sue for coordinating the event, including all the false starts!

Thanks to Jim Conway for trying to get us coordinated with a gun club up in the North Country. Thanks to Lynne D for trying to get the attention of a non-responsive gun club up North, and Nickle for checking into campgrounds.

As you see, there were quite a few people working in the background here.

[Hopefully I didn't forget anyone. If I did, thank you and accept my apology for not recalling everyone's name.]

More to come, I'm sure!

I also suggest that a meet, greet and eat is a good objective for folks visiting the larger gun shows, on an ongoing basis. Less formal, very little planning required and those that meet there just decide where to go and head off there at the close of the show.

LenS said:
I also suggest that a meet, greet and eat is a good objective for folks visiting the larger gun shows, on an ongoing basis. Less formal, very little planning required and those that meet there just decide where to go and head off there at the close of the show.

Could do a meet for breakfast, too, but the way we all talk, we'd probably miss the gun show! [lol]

Len, I think you covered everyone I know of that was involved. My thanks also to everyone. I am looking forward to the next one. The way we all talk definately after a gunshow. [lol]

MrsWildweasel said:
Len, I think you covered everyone I know of that was involved. My thanks also to everyone. I am looking forward to the next one. The way we all talk definately after a gunshow. [lol]

Oh, now there's an idea that will make sure that we're there for hours. We'll all be bragging about our buys! Or groaning about the lack thereof... [wink] [wink] :D

Were Marlyn and I the only ones that went to the show Saturday? I didn't brag or moan that much, did I? Other than mention that some of the prices were more than a little HIGH.

Nickle said:
Were Marlyn and I the only ones that went to the show Saturday? I didn't brag or moan that much, did I? Other than mention that some of the prices were more than a little HIGH.

No, not really. But if more of us go to the show, I'll bet that that would be a main topic of converstation. We were more amused by the monsoon season and the various traffic snafus, IIRC.

Besides... I did use smilies, really I did! [lol] Or do you want me to start being more serious in my posts? (You'd think that someone had hacked my account if I did... :D )

Boy, tough room.

It was part sarcasm, and part real question.

IIRC, nobody did make it to the show. They didn't miss much, other than reasonable 1911 and AK mag's.

The only thing about doing it around December,is usually everyone is busy. See what the rest say,but I was also thinking later in the winter when we all have cabin fever. [lol]

Back
Top Bottom