Octoberfest

MrsWildweasel

NES Member
We have finally nailed down a date for Octoberfest which will be saturday 15 October 2005. The club that is letting us do this is Horse Pond Fish and Game.
Here is their info for those that want to take a look.
Horse Pond Fish & Game Club www.horsepond.com Address: 13 Horse Pond Avenue Nashua , New Hampshire 03063
Nickle has come up with a campground/motel I'll have him post the details on that one.
What we also need is a Firm commitment on how many people will be attending so we can figure out how much it will cost everyone for the use of the club.
Also need to know whether after shooting saturday whether we want to do a pot luck or restaurant for dinner. I am also working on a place for brunch sunday morning,then everyone can be on their way after.
For those that want to come for the day that is fine too,we just need to get everything confirmed now.

the IDPA folks will be bumming, as there's a shoot that day at Riverside, but count me in (with one guest). I'll probably day trip both days, though, as I'm less than an hour from Nashua.

Ross

Glenn and I unless we get to go see Alan before he heads to the big sandbox. It fits within their timeframe. Unfortunately we won't know until the last minute with him.

I'm planning on going, but my Wife has an all day event in Boston, so she won't be with me.

I expect to be day-tripping, so she may join me on Sunday.

I think that we're going to be able to go...

It would be Me, Nicolle, and the wee one.

And Nicolle said she would rather the pot luck, she likes tasting other peoples cooking. And I think that we're now into staying at the hotel as she's going to be even more preggo. She said that she wants to be near a bathroom because, "She's peeing every 5 minutes."

But only I would be going to the range. So do we know if people are going to be bringing SOs that aren't going to shoot?

I'm out. :(

I had a feeling I'd be missing this one since I was the only vote for the 22nd in the poll. Tina and I will be at a wedding in Philly that weekend. We'll have to try and make the next one.

CD

Since those of us who aren't camping don't have a practical way to bring/store food for a pot-luck in the evening (leaving food all day in a car isn't the greatest idea), I'm making the following suggestion:

Tortilla Flat, 595 Daniel Webster Hwy, Merrimack, NH, 603-424-4479 (9.6 miles from gun club) http://tortillaflat.userworld.com/fax_menu_merrimack.htm
We should probably call them early that day with a head-count for dinner so they can arrange seating accordingly. Tends to be a very casual place where our talking, etc. is not likely to disturb others (nobody has an expectation of "quiet" there). They also have "gringo food" for those that don't eat Mexican (it's passable Mexican food for this part of the Country, nothing like the real stuff however). When I was with the late DEC, this was a favorite place for large group get-togethers. Suitably very casual and noisy so that our own noise shouldn't be a problem for them (or others sitting around us).

Before I dig deeper on camping, how many WANT to camp?

Finding a decent campsite in that area is about IMPOSSIBLE for that time of year. I had a possible, but they're closed at that time. I've got another place, 15 or so miles away that has a couple of sites available for tent camping. I haven't been able to find anything else

I can figure out a place to motel, though. The initial campground I found has rooms for $52 per night, double. I probably can beat that, though, and still have a decent place.

Nickle said:
Before I dig deeper on camping, how many WANT to camp?

Finding a decent campsite in that area is about IMPOSSIBLE for that time of year. I had a possible, but they're closed at that time. I've got another place, 15 or so miles away that has a couple of sites available for tent camping. I haven't been able to find anything else

I can figure out a place to motel, though. The initial campground I found has rooms for $52 per night, double. I probably can beat that, though, and still have a decent place.

It occurrs to me that that time of year is prime leaf-peeping time... you may find it tough to find accomodations at all.

I guess if we go the motel route we will just need to find a place to socialize that night. Maybe a local pub?

Or a hotel with a onsite bar? I'm just thinking for my wife and kid...or a place like a Friday's or 99 where you can bring a kid.

But that's just me...but I'm starting to think that the whole thing with the kid might be a damper...and I don't want to hold people back.

So, if that's an issue, please let me know. As we didn't get a Vaca this summer, leaving for the night, having fun AND being out of town might not fair to well to a Pregnant woman that wants to get a way from MA for a night or two.

C-pher as far as I am concerned your daughter is welcome. Glenn and I have always been involved in family friendly hobbies. I personally do not have a problem with it.

MrsWildweasel said:
C-pher as far as I am concerned your daughter is welcome. Glenn and I have always been involved in family friendly hobbies. I personally do not have a problem with it.

If you saw the pic's from Labor Day Weekend, you can figure out my feelings about little folks. No problem.

I would think that Tortilla Flat can accomodate us socializing wise, I know the local one (and yes, it's the same people, check their website) has a decent bar. If in the Burlington, ask for the "Hill Marguerita" (after my son-in-law's father). Mostly Tequila.

Nickle said:

Red Roof Inn right near the Sheraton on Spit Brook Rd, in Nashua is just about the same price as your campground price above. Accommodations should be a little better than a tent and mosquito spray! [wink]

http://www.redroof.com/rr/check-availability.do?property=122

Red Roof Inn is $65/night without any discounts. "Travelers who are 50 or older can save all across the USA. At every Red Roof Inn you will receive a 10% Senior Discount that will help reduce your travel cost, not your comfort. At Red Roof Inn you’ll find the amenities you want like free local calls with no long distance access fees, data ports, free morning coffee and USA TODAY and free HBO, ESPN, ESPN2, CNN and other favorite networks. Traveling with a pet? Don’t pay extra fees or room charges, pets are welcome and stay free at Red Roof Inn." Jim Conway says this is a decent place, it's walking distance from major shopping/restaurants (~2 blocks to DW Hwy).

Where is everyone staying?
I am not sure if this should be a new thread.
These are some places. The prices are what I found they are subject to change. Call to verify.
Are pets allowed at the club? If so would anybody be bringing theirs?

Crown Plaza
603-886-1200
$109-179 night

Courtyard
603-880-9100
$79-149 night

Extended StayAmerica
603-577-9900
$70-90 night allows 1 pet per room for extra $25

Motel 6
603-889-4151
$60 night

Len, the $52 per night was for a room at the same place the campground is. The campground portion is closed by that date. Red Roof Inn sounds like a better deal, since they're a chain, and quality is usually more consistent. For me, Red Roof would be $58.50, which is a small amount extra to pay to insure a decent room.

There's NO way I'd pay $52 per night for a campsite.

I'll be day tripping. Seeing how it only takes me 20 minutes to make it from my door to exit 1 in Nashua.

What time are we going to kick things off?

Adam

Glenn and I also will day trip it. It will take us a couple of hours to get there. When does everyone want to start? 9/10/in that area.

Back
Top Bottom