• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***Official 1st Annual Northeastshooters.com Octoberfest ***

What weekend is better for everyone?

• Total voters

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
It doesn't have to be October, but I wanted a catchy title. :D

I and others want to plan a get together/outing/camping/range day with the members of this forum. It will be a good way to put faces to names and just plan have a fun couple of days.

If you have ideas on dates, places, or activities please post them in this thread. We should be able to collectively put together a good event.

Members Interested are:

Derek
Brent
Nickle
KMaurer
C-Pher
Centermass181
Republic of Mass
Adam_MA
LenS
cdkayak
Lynne
swatmedic
Wildweasel
MrsWildweasel
dwarven1
TYPEO1313
SgtUSMC8541
SiameseRat
AZMLII
J_Smith
Dirtypacman
Jay G
airpw
crazyneddie

Nickle said:
No time like the present to start figuring something out.

I suggest a small/medium range in southern VT or southern NH (VT preferred, not because I live in VT, but the laws are better). Need to be able to camp overnight, minimal facilities available, hook ups would be great, even a camping area with a range nearby would work.

I think southern VT would be worth the trip so we wont be bothered with overbearing gun laws. You still need a LTC in NH IIRC. Granted it only takes a week to get it, you still need it.

Damn, Derek, you must be either my long lost twin, or psychic. 2 minutes apart. You may want to add the poll, and maybe delete my thread after.

I'm 100% for it, and will attend, IF it isn't too late in October (if it's in October). I'm going to visit in-laws (or is it out-laws) in Arkansas. Most are ex-military, so in-laws would be best.

C-pher, if I'm there, I'll be glad to give you a tech session on your AR, and go WAY past just sighting it in. I've got some experience on them, having carried an M16A1/2 for years, and having built my own AR from parts and an assembled upper. You can repay the favor by teaching to shoot pistol better. You've GOT to be better than me.

Make it some place where I can bring my non-PC stuff, and I'll share. And, before it gets asked, no, I don't have any full auto's (yet).

*** edited by Derek *** - I took out the link to the poll, it's been deleted. I will add a poll on a weekend choice later when we get some suggestions on a weekend. Aug, Sept, or Oct.

I was thinking maybe range time on Saturday just after lunch. Then a spot to camp so we can BBQ, drink, and get to know each other that night. The next morning pack up and head home.

derek said:
I think southern VT would be worth the trip so we wont be bothered with overbearing gun laws. You still need a LTC in NH IIRC. Granted it only takes a week to get it, you still need it.

You only need the NH LTC for concealed carry. Open carry (while not advisable in some of the southern areas overrun by Ma**h***s), possession and transportation are all legal without any official "Mother may I" (except for the standard ATFE permission for full autos).

I'm going to be in Florida through the 12th of October.

Ken

Nickle said:
C-pher, if I'm there, I'll be glad to give you a tech session on your AR, and go WAY past just sighting it in. I've got some experience on them, having carried an M16A1/2 for years, and having built my own AR from parts and an assembled upper. You can repay the favor by teaching to shoot pistol better. You've GOT to be better than me.

Sounds good to me. I don't know HOW much better I am, but I'll do what I can. Maybe Ken and Lynne will be there and they can "School" us both with a pistol.

I'll bring some steel targets if we want. I have two or three square targets.

derek said:
I was thinking maybe range time on Saturday just after lunch. Then a spot to camp so we can BBQ, drink, and get to know each other that night. The next morning pack up and head home.

That's what I was figuring, but add Friday for those who want to travel any distance. I can probably do the Friday, so there's a focal point for folks to meet.

That's about how a Bike Rally goes. Travel in Sat (or Fri), camp, eat and socialize Sat (and Fri) evenings, then travel home Sunday. A lot of fun.

I can also help on the Logistic Level, since I've got a moderate amount of camping equipment, including cooking stuff.

C-pher said:
Sounds good to me. I don't know HOW much better I am, but I'll do what I can. Maybe Ken and Lynne will be there and they can "School" us both with a pistol.

I'll bring some steel targets if we want. I have two or three square targets.

We can run a bunch of different Tech Sessions, by people that know the subjects well.

I can see the following as possibles:

CCW choices and equipment.

AR sessions.

M1/M14 Sessions.

Reloading.

Labor Day would be not good for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. By then again, Tony, you always could fly up here to attend, if it was a different weekend.

Derek, my wife would undoubtedly attend, if you're counting numbers.

I think labor day would be out for most people. I would like it in sept or oct because it is generally cooler and more conducive for sleeping out doors.

I'm interested as well. It all depends on how the schedules line up. We may be going away around that time, but the plans are still up in the air.

NH or VT, no real preference.

CD

I'm in - with or without hubby. :D The only thing that would keep me from it is if it coincides with an event weekend. Again, don't know if I can stay over or not, that will depend on the finances as we'd have to board the dog too (yes, I'm still not working).

Keep in mind - it should be near somewhere where there are cabins or a motel for those who don't want to, or don't camp. I know that will make it a bit tougher, but...

MrsWildweasel said:
I'm sure you can count us in. Hubby may not be able to shoot yet though.

That's alright Glenn and I can enjoy some cold beer after we put the guns away. [wink]

Well, the only thing is that the weekend that ends Sept and start's Oct is the BoSox/Yankee series, and I already have my tickets.

So that weekend I'll be in Fenway. So if that's when you have it, then I'm out.

But I understand that you can't please everyone, so if that's when everyone CAN do it...I'm ok with that. :)

I'm sure that we would plan another one.

Count me in. Let me second the suggestion that we have this somewhere within a 20 minute drive of a "motel camping" site, as if I can talk Kathy into attending, that will be our preferred venue.

And though I don't have anything unique to offer (firearms-wise), I'll bring the entire arsenal anyway. (Maybe I can talk my friend with the Mannlicher 1901 and Walther P38 to attend! Gee, maybe I should tell him about the board first... :) )

While I don't know of any sites to offer, I've done my share of organizing things, so if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Ross - the Dwarven One.

Back
Top Bottom