• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Obama Positioning For Backdoor Gun Control

Looks like they might be trying an end run and just go for gun control thru international treaty. I hope they send in blue helmets to enforce it - that will get the party started.

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2009/cbarchive_20090424.html

Obama Positioning For Backdoor Gun Control
by Chuck Baldwin
April 24, 2009

On his recent trip to Central America, President Barack Obama did more than cozy up to Marxist dictators; he also signed onto an international treaty that could, in effect, be used as backdoor gun control. It appears that Obama wants to use international treaties to do what congressional legislation is not able to do: further restrict the right of the American people to keep and bear arms.

Obama is using the oft-disproved contention that "90% of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States" as the stated basis of his support for the international treaty he is promoting. The treaty is formally known as the Inter-American Convention Against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives and Other Related Materials (CIFTA) treaty. The Bill Clinton administration signed the treaty back in 1997, but the U.S. Senate has never ratified the treaty. Obama intends to change that.

To date, 33 nations in the western hemisphere have signed the treaty. The U.S. is one of four nations that have yet to ratify it. According to one senior Obama administration official, passing the treaty is a "high priority" for the President.

If ratified, the treaty would require the United States to adopt "strict licensing requirements, mark firearms when they are made and imported to make them easier to trace, and establish a process for sharing information between national law enforcement agencies investigating [gun] smuggling."

Senator John Kerry, chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee promises to "work for its [the CIFTA treaty's] approval by the Senate."

Should the Senate ratify CIFTA, Americans who reload ammunition would be required to get a license from the government, and factory guns and ammunition would be priced almost out of existence due to governmental requirements to "mark" each one manufactured. Even the simple act of adding an after-market piece of equipment to a firearm, such as a scope or bipod, or reassembling a gun after cleaning it could fall into the category of "illicit manufacturing" of firearms and require government license and oversight.

In addition, CIFTA would authorize the U.S. federal government (and open the door to international entities) to supervise and regulate virtually the entire American firearms industry. Making matters worse is the fact that, as a treaty, this Act does not have to be passed by both houses of Congress, nor is it subject to judicial oversight. All Obama needs to do in order to enact this unconstitutional and egregious form of gun control is convince a Democratic-controlled Senate to pass it.

Obviously, the United Nations, from its very inception, has been one of the world's most ardent gun control proponents. As anyone who has ever driven by the U.N. building in New York City knows, a huge statue of an American-made revolver with its barrel twisted in the shape of a pretzel greets every visitor. The CIFTA treaty is one of the U.N.'s pet projects in order to achieve this long-held ambition.

Of course, Obama is a longtime liberal radical when it comes to the Second Amendment. As a senator, he voted against the Second Amendment at every opportunity. He has never seen a piece of gun control legislation that he did not support. And as I have said before in this column, gun control is high on the list of priorities for the newly elected President Barack Obama.

For Obama to intimate that 90% of the firearms used by Mexican drug cartels come from the United States reveals either a truly dishonest and deceptive mind or a totally misinformed and naïve one. Many studies have thoroughly debunked the 90% myth, including one by William La Jeunesse and Maxim Lott in a recent Fox News report. According to these researchers, the real number is closer to 17%.

According to La Jeunesse and Lott, Mexican drug cartels, which control billions of dollars, obtain the overwhelming majority of their guns from the Black Market, Russian crime syndicates, South America, China, Guatemala, and even from the Mexican army.

In fact, Mexico is a virtual arms bazaar: AK-47s from China; fragmentation grenades from South Korea; shoulder-fired rocket launchers from Spain, Israel and former Soviet bloc dealers; assault weapons from China; and explosives from Korea--just to name a few sources.

In addition, according to Mexican Congressman Robert Badillo, more than 150,000 Mexican soldiers have deserted in just the last six years. The vast majority of them took their weapons with them, including the standard issue M-16 assault rifle made in Belgium.

And please do not forget that corruption within the Mexican government is rampant. Many news sources have covered stories of how drug cartels bribe Mexican officials. An article in the New York Times last year reported, "One of Mexico's most notorious drug cartels made huge cash payments to officials in the Mexican attorney general's office in exchange for confidential information on anti-drug operations . . . the cartel might have had an informant inside the American embassy."

The Mexican drug cartels control a multi-billion dollar enterprise that has more than enough resources to obtain planeloads of weapons from all over the world. For Obama to assert that 90% of the Mexican drug cartels' firearms come from the United States is a bald-faced lie! Again, either Obama is stupid and naïve or he is deliberately lying to the American people in order to "sell" the CIFTA treaty to the U.S. Senate. I think we all know that Mr. Obama is anything but stupid and naïve.

Read more about the CIFTA treaty at

http://gunowners.org/a042109.htm

In addition to the CIFTA treaty, liberal Chicago Democrat Congressman Bobby Rush has introduced H.R. 45 in the House of Representatives. This bill is anything but subtle. It is an in-your-face gun control bill that would make "Mr. Gun Control," the late Senator Howard Metzenbaum, shout Hallelujah.

H.R. 45 would require a federal license for all handguns and semiautomatics, including the ones you already possess. It would require handgun and semi-auto owners to be thumbprinted at a police station and sign a certificate that the gun will not be kept in a place where it could be used for the defense of the gun owner's family.

Read more about H.R. 45 at

http://gunowners.org/hr45ana.htm

In all likelihood, H.R. 45 is probably a long shot at passing both houses of Congress, albeit gun owners should never take any proposed gun control bill for granted. The CIFTA treaty, however, is much more dangerous due to its subtlety and subterfuge, the less cumbersome process of passage, and the fact that it makes U.S. gun owners subject to international gun control laws.

All in all, freedom in America is on the Obama White House chopping block. And this much is certain: if the American people do not retain the right to keep and bear arms, every other freedom we hold dear will quickly disappear as well. Moreover, if we do retain the right to keep and bear arms, it will only be because enough of us--and our state and federal legislators--resist the tyrannical gun control machinations of Barack Obama. And that means defeating the CIFTA treaty and H.R. 45.

*If you appreciate this column and want to help me distribute these editorial opinions to an ever-growing audience, donations may now be made by credit card, check, or Money Order. Use this link:

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/donate.php

sigh.... [sad2]

well... looks like, 'From my cold, dead hand' will be put to test sooner then later.

I'll be ordering my "come and take it" Flag TODAY!

yeah, ill go through the formality of wrighting that POS Kerry and his bed buddy Ted, but we all know that will fall on deaf ears.

I'd like to see the UN try and make sure this happens.

I would also like to see every single gun manufacture in the US tell the US government to **** off by not making 1 more firearm or 1 more round of ammunition for our military, police or any government agency. simply build it and ship it to retailers and tell the gov if they want it, buy it locally like everyone else.

see how fast our armed forces and law enforcement agencies get behind the rest of us and tell the prez to BACK OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
First, about the treaty - The US already requires all firearms manufacturered or imported into the United State of America be "Marked" - It's called serial numbers, so that part already exists.

We also already have a database for sharing gun information between law enforcement agencies - That would be one of the 3 ballistics databases already maintained. Some states (I thought MA was one of them) also require newly purchased firearms include a factory fired casing to be submitted to the ballistics database.

Fortunately this database is protected By Law to prevent non-law enforcement agencies from accessing it and REQUIRE a LEO to submit evidence from an active criminal case to be compared to the database. This constantly attacked law (Dems have tried to over-turn is EVERY YEAR) prevent lawyers and polititians from using the datasbase to "phish" for possible "criminals" among the millions of law abidding cititzens.

I am certainly concerned about the illiciate manufacture clause, as I can see how this could be interprited as making any civilian firearms modification a treat violation, however it's the House Bill that scares me the most.

I am adamently opposed to firearms registration programs. Why? Because that was one of the first programs Hilter instituded in the newly established Nazi Germany. Step two of their program was to collect all of the registered guns in order to "quell crime and ensure the peace"

I know there are more recent examples (Canada being another good one) however, I find the comparison to Nazi Germany much more effective.

If that lying swine soiling the Oval Office is trying to start the Second American Revolution, he's going about it the right way.

No one is putting a gun anywhere near my backdoor no matter how much control they have over it!

Obama positioning to backdoor Panetta.

PanettaObamaCIA.jpg

This is quite disturbing to say the least,we as gun owners must be ever vigilant in our fight for our rights. I know a lot of gun owners who say to me "that will never happen,this is America". Well I say to them think again because these kinds of people have their head up their ass if they really,truly believe that. I say to those kinds of gun owners just ask our buddies in great Britain and Australia how that little song goes,becuae they know it all to well.

I have a friend who's from England and his dad remembers the disarming of law abiding gun owners quite well. He says in his opinion America is only one or two major gun control laws away from where England is right now,scary indeed but true. And one last thing is they don't to confiscate your guns if they make then contraband and being caught with ANY firearms after a certain date is like getting caught with a pound of cocaine,and carried a mandatory prison sentence of X amount of years.

Last edited:
Is this source legit? Id maybe like to see something from GOAL or the NRA to back it up.

It still makes me sick that our President is trying to pull a fast one on the constitution.

Looks like they might be trying an end run and just go for gun control thru international treaty. I hope they send in blue helmets to enforce it - that will get the party started.

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2009/cbarchive_20090424.html

So what do we do? I am sitting here reading all this stuff and I can feel the blood pressure going up. I feel helpless and to some extent hopeless. These douche nozzles are pushing their own agendas through with no regard for the rest of us. How and when will they be stopped?

So what do we do? I am sitting here reading all this stuff and I can feel the blood pressure going up. I feel helpless and to some extent hopeless. These douche nozzles are pushing their own agendas through with no regard for the rest of us. How and when will they be stopped?

I personally think the gun buying "panic" should be seen as the first stage in a war. It's an economic war - people are protesting the potential loss of their rights by putting their money where their mouths are - and buying so many damn guns that we have the shortages everybody is now seeing.

It does feel helpless - but if you really watch the news you will see that all over this country people are doing things to break the system. People are starting gardens, buying up "survival" supplies, pulling their money out of the big banks and putting into small local banks that are responsible, cutting up their credit cards, paying down debt, saving money in precious metals, not reading liberal media bullshit (newspapers are going under), protesting, doubling the amount of people at Appleseeds this year, waking up and realizing the Fed is screwing them, etc. etc.

We do not necessarily NEED an armed revolution. This could all happen peacefully. The real question is: what happens when enough people peacefully change their behavior and start opting out of "the system" the way it is currently being run - and that system starts to truly crumble? Will the govt. then pass laws and legislation to try to force people back in? Like Roosevelt did in the 30's when he made it a crime to own gold?

That is when the next stage will come - because if they do something like enact actual gun confiscation legislation , a lot of us will have a truly serious choice to make. Even at that point things don't HAVE TO become violent - but the chances surely increase.

Every other country that has enacted legislation to confiscate firearms has started not with going around and grabbing them - but with an order to come down and hand them in. There are so many firearms in this country that practically speaking it would be impossible for them to go around and pick them up. That would be left for later - for the "stragglers" who do not hand them in.

So the first order of business if you are truly worried about gun confiscation is to talk to every single person you know who is a firearms owner and get them to vow to never cooperate with ANY form of confiscation. As soon as we do not cooperate - the whole effort will fall apart. As soon as people refuse to voluntarily hand in their firearms, the govt. is faced with an impossible task and the DEFINITE possibility of outright armed rebellion. The refusal to hand in your firearms voluntarily may well be the last non-violent act you will have the chance to take part in to head off what comes next.

Any government that would push on with their goal of confiscation past non violent civil disobedience is one that definitely cannot be trusted.

What is needed here is something like Oath Keepers, where gun owners sign up and say under no circumstances will they ever hand in their guns.

25 million or so signatures ought to give any politician with gun grabbing on his or her mind something to mull over.

Starve the Beasts - Start the Revolution

This is what I am talking about, this guy is talking about the banks - but the same principle applies across the board. Stop participating in screwing yourself by "starving the beast":

http://anecdotaleconomics.blogspot.com/2009/04/starve-beasts-start-revolution.html

Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Starve the Beasts - Start the Revolution
It is apparent now there remains only one way for ordinary Americans who love their country and want at least some of what's good about it to be preserved for future generations: We must kill the FIRE Economy beasts (FIRE: Finance, Insurance and Real Estate).

Recommended method of choice: Starvation - suitably slow and painful.

We're the victims in a hostage situation, if you didn't know, held captive and mesmerized by the soft, flat-panel-TV glow of the FIRE Economy, which depends on our sheep-like conformity and Stockholm-syndrome-like admiration of our captors, but it's NOT too late to regain our senses, if only for the benefit of our children and grandchildren. Even if it is only wildly exaggerated - and it isn't - that the Systemically Important Too Big To Fail (SITBTF) institutions completely have captured our flag, our capital, our political parties, our "democracy" and our very lives, we as regular, hard-working, country-loving J6Ps have only this one remedy remaining, as all others woefully have failed.

We've tried writing letters to Congress, but they fell on deaf ears attached to bodies sated with the addictive, lobbyist-supplied narcotics of perks and favors and clothed with garments filled with finance-industry campaign contributions. One might feel good having written a letter, but unless you're one of the someones stuffing their pockets with cash, it's wasted effort. We've tried voting out the "ins" in the Capitol Building to no avail, either. Once the DC Kool-Aid has been consumed by elected Representatives and Senators of BOTH parties the fix is in. It's all good fun in Washington; ask anyone who has done the peoples' business in Babylon for even one lousy two-year congressional term and they will concur: it's a great gig if you can get it, and better if you can keep it as long as possible. As such, they always will cater to the whims and needs of the purveyors of campaign cash who can insure they remain as Courtiers at the Castle in Emerald City.

Last year we fell for the whole "change you can believe in" campaign gimmick but somehow the candidate elected in November has pulled off in many ways an astonishing, seamless transition from his predecessor, of which his administration's dealings with Wall Street, AIG, Fannie/Freddie, SITBTFs and the economy are only a few, validating once again that immutable fool-most-of-the-people-most-of-the-time law of the universe. (Which, in and of itself, should be all the evidence necessary to prove, beyond any doubt, the entirety of Wall Street's now-not-so-behind-the-scenes direction of public policy, and government's role as the FIRE economy's stooge and enforcer.)

We have only one option remaining to fix this ourselves, to starve the beasts, and it is, simply:
Stop Doing Business With Them.

If you are banking with a SITBTF bank, start by closing your checking account. Move it to a smaller community bank which offers the same features such as bill payment services, payroll depsosit, automatic debits and the like. Close your savings accounts, your CDs, your money market deposit accounts and move them to one or more community banks, and introduce yourself to an actual banker and branch manager (it will be handy someday to personally know someone).

You still will have ample FDIC deposit insurance, regardless of the institution's size and you still will have nationwide ATM capability, so shut down those SITBTF accounts NOW. If you own or manage a business, and are so empowered, close your business deposit accounts and move them to a financial institution not considered part of the current problem. It's a lot of effort, and it's not easy, but your future generations will thank you.

DO THESE THINGS, and, one, we will get someone's attention when they begin to notice a measurable increase in closed accounts and a rapidly falling deposit base (worst-case scenario for a SITBTF), and two, we will begin to starve the beasts via an orderly "run" on these giant messes masquerading as solvent, responsible financial institutions.

Next, open new IRA and investment accounts - not that you have much left in them, which makes the timing opportune, and you weren't getting any useful advice or guidance anyway - at regional or online brokerage firms NOT owned by or associated with any other FIRE economy player, including the giant mutual fund industry. Starve the beasts!

Need home, car, business or life insurance? Well, don't get insured through any subsidiary of any SITBTF company, especially one which has used its past-life AAA rating for evil, not good, and now has been seized by our government stooges and enforcers, not to rescue it but to co-opt it as a money conduit to pour tens of BILLIONS of dollars borrowed from China into the balance sheets of other, well-connected domestic and foreign (!?!) SITBTFs, one of which has the initials "GS."

Finally, methodically begin to terminate your borrowing relationships with the SITBTFs. This is the difficult part. Start by paying down and paying off your credit cards - all of them. Start consuming with CASH whenever possible. Yes, cash, Benjamins, coin of the realm and all. Besides, cash transactions have that certain, quaint, pleasing quality of anonymity so lacking today in our every-waking-thought-is-now-monitored cyber-world. Close them as soon as they are paid off and don't fall for that FICO-score crap that your credit rating will decline if you - YOU - voluntarily close a credit card account. If it does, so what. For god's sake, it's your option and your choice. Perhaps we all should shoot for no FICO score (or, zero, as Dave Ramsey boasts).

If enough of us begin voluntarily closing our revolving credit card accounts and paying with cash, the saps at FICO will be forced to change their secret statistical recipes which have worked so well the last 30 years to keep millions of us enslaved with debt. If that happens, if FICO is forced to change its magic algorithms, then voluntarily closing a paid-off account would IMPROVE a credit score, but our goal should be to not have a score at all - that'll show 'em. By then it won't matter. FICO will be going away soon enough as the discredited, flawed, theoretical mathematical formula it is, one, like so many financial models of the last generation, which worked right up until it didn't.

So, got an AmEx card? Pay it off and cut it up. Ditto for Discover. Mega-Bank Visa or MasterCards - flush 'em. What's in your wallet? Forget Capital One and get reacquainted with some dead presidents. For those credit-card-is-required transactions, use your debit card, the one attached to your new checking account at a small, solvent community bank. Starve the beasts! Take back our country! Car loans are trickier, but, again, an auto loan from a smaller community bank will help starve the beasts. The same for home loans - starve the beast by doing business with anyone else. We can do it.

Since Washington clearly will not DO ANYTHING to help ordinary people, only the monied interests, WE MUST. This is war, it's revolution, a fight for our future, but it's bloodless and LEGAL. We must declare our independence from the tyranny of the FIRE economy and the Systemically Important Too Big To Fails. We have the right to take these matters into our own hands because the heads of our elected and appointed leaders are crammed so far up the exit chutes of the titans of Wall Street and the Main Streets where the SITBTFs are headquartered there is NO OTHER SOLUTION.

If you agree "too big has failed," you have great company. Kansas City Fed President Tom Hoenig delivered a speech (as a private citizen, not necessarily reflecting the view of his Federal Reserve Bank) in March entitled "Too Big Has Failed," suggesting the time was right to break up the financial cartels. Hoenig testified before Congress April 21 and reiterated that view (his written statement here), going as far as saying "when you have banks that are too big to fail, you will get oligarchs." (Yes, oligarchs.) Simon Johnson, former IMF economist and now MIT professor, posting at The Baseline Scenario recently authored a must-read "The Quiet Coup," in the May issue of The Atlantic. William Black, a former regulator who led the cleanup of the Savings & Loan mess in the early 1990s and blew the whistle on the massive fraud and corruption in that scandal, recently told journalist Bill Moyers on PBS that CEOs of some of these SITBTFs, in order to increase their own personal income, have deliberately set out to make bad loans - pure fraud. He would know: the title of his recent book is "The Best Way to Rob a Bank is to Own One." And don't forget Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz, who has been out spoken in his belief that no bank should be too big to fail.

There are countless more of us, without a public forum, who feel the same way, and we have the power to do something about it. The time is right, the time is now. Take back our country. Let's make SITBTF no BFD and RIP. It'll take a decade, maybe longer, but this is the only way to end our present hostage situation and we have the power. All we need is the will to make it happen. Start today. Stop doing business with our tormentors - all of them. Stop patronizing our persecutors. Are we stupid? HELL NO.

Stop the madness - starve the beasts. If we don't, WE are part of the problem and we deserve what we are getting and what is happening, now and in the future, because it WILL happen again if we let it.

Starve the beasts - start the revolution.

I didnt even bother to read the article after the first sentence. This sounds like the same spun garbage you'd see on fox.

My question is, will the country stand up to this BEFORE it happens, or wait untill it has happended and then make a decision as to how to handle 'ol Uncle Sam? And where can I get some 7.62 during the waiting period?

Obaman (as chief ANTI) and his minions will pursue every means they believe necessary to achieve their end-goal....the elimination of civilian gun ownership.

It is par for the course, for the left to attempt to bypass the legislative (Constititional) process.

They 'own' the idea of legislation via the courts and legislation via treaty.

They believe in transnationalism and not in American exceptionalism.

Believe it or not, his approval ratings and approval with his performance through 100 days, don't bode well for our side. Polls, as reported (even by Fox), are suggesting a higher level of approval than the percentage of people who voted for Obama! Of course this is because the current polls don't poll voters, they poll 'everyone'.

Problems will continue until the national media wakes up and acknowledges their responsibility to the American citizenry.

Obaman (as chief ANTI) and his minions will pursue every means they believe necessary to achieve their end-goal....the elimination of civilian gun ownership.

It is par for the course, for the left to attempt to bypass the legislative (Constititional) process.

They 'own' the idea of legislation via the courts and legislation via treaty.

They believe in transnationalism and not in American exceptionalism.

Believe it or not, his approval ratings and approval with his performance through 100 days, don't bode well for our side. Polls, as reported (even by Fox), are suggesting a higher level of approval than the percentage of people who voted for Obama! Of course this is because the current polls don't poll voters, they poll 'everyone'.

Problems will continue until the national media wakes up and acknowledges their responsibility to the American citizenry.

That is never going to happen. What we should be working towards is the bankruptcy and death of the "gatekeepers" of the mainstream media. People will always search for information to find out what is going on - once the existing mainstream media is dead, something will rise in it's place. It is up to us to make sure that something - whatever it is, reports more accurately.

This is already underway because people are going on the internet to get their news - and the newspapers are on the verge of death.

For those who are new to the gun world - what "our dear leader" is doing is not to stop ILLEGAL guns. It's to DISARM us.

Sorry...I'm not ready to start baaa'ing and wool makes me itch.

Good point. If you truly believed in the principles outlined in the Constitution you would realize there are no "illegal" guns any more than there are illegal shovels.

What is illegal and immoral is what some people DO with guns. Not the guns themselves.

There are far too many people who believe that simply because some legislator passes a law somewhere - that suddenly something is "wrong".

Back
Top Bottom