• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why Are Big Sports Leagues Lobbying Congress For Gun Control?

Corporate America's boards are increasingly made up by DEI advocates and sissy men (one can be both at the same time, of course), who are either afraid of guns, or simply turned off by the idea of self-reliance.

They're making the same mistake Dems made in early 90's. I came to this country in 1993, and that mid-term election was the first one I watched on network TV. All the political commentators jaws dropped on the election night by the trouncing Dem's got, and it's only much later when I got into guns, I realized that the 94 AWB was one of the key reasons of the resounding defeat. Clinton recognized that, and for many years warned Dems not to run too hard on the anti-gun platform.

The overall trend is more people are becoming gun owners and more states are becoming constitutional carry states. These a-holes alienate gun owners at their own peril.

IDK one leftist who watches NASCAR, unless they switch to all electric and the competition is to see who can drive the slowest to reach the finish line before the battery runs out then no Donk is tuning in to that. So, NASCAR is shooting itself in the foot (no pun intended) with this nonsense and if they lose half their audience it's well deserved.

Then again, the secret weapon to get ratings back is to have Taylor Swift date one of the star drivers, then she can write a song about an ex more in love with his car than her.

All professional sports leagues are moochers. With the exception of the Green Bay Packers, all pro teams suck up to government because they depend on tax vouchers and breaks, eminent domain, exemption from anti-trust laws, etc.

Hate the game, not the player.

Okay, you can hate the players too, but they're playing the game under the rules that exist.

I’ll spend more time watching NHRA.
I was only just a passing fan of NASCAR and ball sports were already not on my radar. The pushback should hopefully hurt them but time will tell.

Because a large number & percentage of NBA, MLB, and NFL players are POC.

The communities most at risk from gun violence, and would most benefit IF gun control worked, are majority inhabited by POC.

The leagues are pandering to the lie to try to get a few inner city baby mamas to keep a closer eye on their crotch goblins

I thought of this thread last night and, as a result, made it a point to NOT watch the Super Bowl. What did I miss? Anything good?

Were there any outstanding commercials? What about the halftime show?

All professional sports leagues are moochers. With the exception of the Green Bay Packers, all pro teams suck up to government because they depend on tax vouchers and breaks, eminent domain, exemption from anti-trust laws, etc.

Hate the game, not the player.

Okay, you can hate the players too, but they're playing the game under the rules that exist.

I'm curious now. Why are the Green Bay Packers different?

I have a crazy idea ... hear me out:

Instead of being fat f*cks sitting in front of a TV for 3 hours consuming 5K calories of junk, go to the range and become a better shot, go to the gym and work on yourself, go for a hike, a run, a bike ride, go fishing ... there are so many things better than sitting there like a zombie watching some lame @ss sport.

I know, crazy ideas. Being fat and lazy is easier.

I have a crazy idea ... hear me out:

Instead of being fat f*cks sitting in front of a TV for 3 hours consuming 5K calories of junk, go to the range and become a better shot, go to the gym and work on yourself, go for a hike, a run, a bike ride, go fishing ... there are so many things better than sitting there like a zombie watching some lame @ss sport.

I know, crazy ideas. Being fat and lazy is easier.
Or go to the woods... for a walk

Probably because most of the stars nfl and nba represent thug culture and they have to do something

Gun ownership is probably above 50% in both those leagues

So the question is why are leagues run by the elite (billionaires and the connected), ownership groups of elites and large media companies pushing for gun control that only effects norms?

I thought of this thread last night and, as a result, made it a point to NOT watch the Super Bowl. What did I miss? Anything good?

It must have been a great game!!! The local news didn’t even cover it up here.
I had to look at my phone to answer the brides question of who won?
I watched a Clint Eastwood movie and went to bed at 9.

You really didn't miss anything. I am not sure if the game was about Chiefs and 49ers or about Taylor Swift. Did I say they are preparing Taylor Swift for the election!!? oops my bad!!!

You really didn't miss anything. I am not sure if the game was about Chiefs and 49ers or about Taylor Swift. Did I say they are preparing Taylor Swift for the election!!? oops my bad!!!

I got that impression this morning when the first thing I saw when I opened my news portal was something about a player who wasn't even one of the quarterbacks. I assume he must be Mr. Taylor Swift. Glad I missed everything having to do with her.

Back
Top Bottom