• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non compliant handgun purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to possibly purchase a Blued Beretta 92Fs Compact in Massachusetts ..can it be done,and how is it done?

There out there yes, but How is it done. Do I have to buy it in separate pieces from a store in Mass and then register my self? I have done it with one other firearm...same deal?

I believe it would have to be in Ma before 98 or whenever the approved list was created or from someone that moved to Ma and brought it in

There out there yes, but How is it done. Do I have to buy it in separate pieces from a store in Mass and then register my self? I have done it with one other firearm...same deal?
A frame is not a firearm per Mass regulations so, yes, you would need to purchase parts and manufacture your own firearm.
Once it is in a state where it can fire you would have 7 days to report a transfer in the portal.

I believe it would have to be in Ma before 98 or whenever the approved list was created or from someone that moved to Ma and brought it in
This is not 100% correct.
It would need to be pre 98 for a dealer to transfer a firearm as defined by Mass regulation.
Mass currently does not regulate firearm parts under the consumer protection sections regarding firearms so one can purchase parts and create a personally manufactured (assembled) firearm.

This is not 100% correct.
It would need to be pre 98 for a dealer to transfer a firearm as defined by Mass regulation.
Mass currently does not regulate firearm parts under the consumer protection sections regarding firearms so one can purchase parts and create a personally manufactured (assembled) firearm.
Understand your response and from my research, you are correct. But....(isn't there always one of those in these discussions??) to address OP question, once assembled, doesn't said build have to be registered within 7 days of completion? I know this has been discussed hundreds of times, but just looking for a quick answer with current topic. Thanks.

Understand your response and from my research, you are correct. But....(isn't there always one of those in these discussions??) to address OP question, once assembled, doesn't said build have to be registered within 7 days of completion? I know this has been discussed hundreds of times, but just looking for a quick answer with current topic. Thanks.
See post 6

The acquisition or transfer of a firearm needs to be reported to the portal within 7 days.
That is what is required to comply with the regulations.

What the person chooses to do is up to their own risk tolerance.

A frame is not a firearm per Mass regulations so, yes, you would need to purchase parts and manufacture your own firearm.
Once it is in a state where it can fire you would have 7 days to report a transfer in the portal.
If you can find a dealer willing to do the frame off transfer. Some will not. Don't ask why my new caliber is .380🤨

If you want to purchase an off list gun, you just need to fill out Form 420 from the MA AG's website. Then pay the $69 fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom