• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daniel Defense - H9 Handgun

allen-1

NES Member
Daniel Defense is a fairly well known manufacturor of AR-15's, AR-10's and precision rifles. It's local to me, and some of my friends work there. Just got the email that they're manufacturing a handgun. That was a pretty closely held secret. I'm thinking that the release was timed for ShotShow 2024

Daniel Defense has done for the handgun what we did for the AR-style rifle—taken it to a whole new level. Our revolutionary DANIEL™ H9® combines the ergonomics and pointability of a 1911 with the easy shooting and maintenance of a striker-fired pistol. A low bore axis reduces recoil and muzzle-flip for faster, more accurate follow-up shots. A modular design enables easy customization, and a 1911-style straight-pullback trigger with safety blade provides precision control and safer operation. Customizable, ambidextrous controls deliver superb ergonomics and maneuverability, and an aircraft-grade-aluminum frame keeps things light but extremely durable. Experience the same, legendary, made-in-America quality you expect from Daniel Defense only in a smaller package. Like everything we sell, our new H9® is backed by Daniel’s 100% Satisfaction guarantee.

1705942521175.png

It's a rework of the Hudson H9, which was a darling of the guntuber influencer set, yet turned out to be a POS. Time will tell whether DD fixed the design. Guntubers are fawning over it, but they also fawned over the original. Yes, I'm a cynical old fart.

I thought it might be $800-$1k range. $1,300 is a bit much. Or maybe I’m just resisting Bidenomics in action.

It's a rework of the Hudson H9, which was a darling of the guntuber influencer set, yet turned out to be a POS. Time will tell whether DD fixed the design. Guntubers are fawning over it, but they also fawned over the original. Yes, I'm a cynical old fart.

The original was a cool gun, I had one. Hudson just sucked as a company.

I thought it might be $800-$1k range. $1,300 is a bit much. Or maybe I’m just resisting Bidenomics in action.
Imho in order to do a gun like that /right/. that's way more realistic of a price than what Hudson was selling them for.

Its old hat

But the reviews were pretty damm funny back in the day

One was like it does not hit what it's aimed at
Mine actually was pretty accurate and you could double tap like mad on that thing no problem it's hard to describe but the recoil impulse on it was different from other handguns.

The original was a very good shooting gun. Too bad DD timmied this up.
Other than the rail or like having an extra cut in it or something, and the TV set pad bsse, it doesn't look that much different from the original version.

I can afford the trigger and irons. Who wants to spot me for the rest of the gun?

Jokes aside, what makes this gun special? different?

Back
Top Bottom