• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daniel Defense - H9 Handgun

Bore axis doesn't look particularly low. Not Alien low.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2xHkTLkgQI

It’s not Alien low. It’s also almost 4x cheaper than the alien.

IMG_9068.jpeg

The H9 doesn’t look that low, but it is. I’d wager it’s a lower bore axis than the CZ 75 variants too (Shadow, P01 etc). Those have short exposed slides, but the chunk of grip between the trigger/grip curve and the slide deceptively kinda big.

IMG_9069.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s not Alien low. It’s also almost 4x cheaper than the alien.

View attachment 842103

The H9 doesn’t look that low, but it is. I’d wager it’s a lower bore axis than the CZ 75 variants too (Shadow, P01 etc). Those have short exposed slides, but the chunk of grip between the trigger/grip curve and the slide deceptively kinda big.

View attachment 842106

I was just throwing the Alien out there because I can't think of a pistol with a lower bore axis, outside of maybe a Chiappa Rhino.

Is that a P320 Legion you have it lined up against? My eyes aren't working quite right this AM

I was just throwing the Alien out there because I can't think of a pistol with a lower bore axis, outside of maybe a Chiappa Rhino.

Is that a P320 Legion you have it lined up against? My eyes aren't working quite right this AM

I just found that picture on the internet, but it looks like a regular P320.

I just found that picture on the internet, but it looks like a regular P320.
I only ask because a P320 is 5.5 inches tall with a flush fit 17 round mag, and the H9 is supposed to be 5.1 , although no one has handled an H9 to determine where they measure to / from - basically I am saying the p320 doesn't look to the same scale as the H9, although that just might be my eyes not admitting how chonky a p320 is.

I only ask because a P320 is 5.5 inches tall with a flush fit 17 round mag, and the H9 is supposed to be 5.1 , although no one has handled an H9 to determine where they measure to / from - basically I am saying the p320 doesn't look to the same scale as the H9, although that just might be my eyes not admitting how chonky a p320 is.

The mag in that P320 is a 21rnd mag. The bottoms of the grips seem to be lined up, and I’d buy that top portion being a 0.4” difference.

Very low bore axis for less muzzle flip. Don’t know much else.

Couple years ago, I handled a Zev 9mm, which had a similarly low bore axis for same reason. It was a nice gun.

Given that DD is a local company, and that I shoot regularly with a couple guys that work there, I expect that I'll see one in the not too distant future.

A couple years ago, (2020), they released their DDM4 PDW300, a 300 BlackOut arm-braced pistol at ShowShow. I saw it a couple weeks before the show, in my friend Josh's garage. He'd designed it.

I wonder if anyone I know was involved with this design. I'm shooting a match down in Brunswick Saturday, Chris is usually there, if so I'll ask him about it.

You're probably just looking down the wrong end again

The mag in that P320 is a 21rnd mag. The bottoms of the grips seem to be lined up, and I’d buy that top portion being a 0.4” difference.
Yeah, I know that is the extended base plate one. The normal mags that are flush fit, so I super imposed one in place of the p320 they used. Like I said, maybe the p320 is more chunky than I remember.

You're probably just looking down the wrong end again
Lemme pull the trigger to be sure

-----------------------------------------------

I just found out DD's CEO is Rod Reasen. Not gonna lie, that is a bitchin' name. Ladies love me. The reason? Rod.

Last edited:
Mine actually was pretty accurate and you could double tap like mad on that thing no problem it's hard to describe but the recoil impulse on it was different from other handguns.

Very low bore axis for less muzzle flip. Don’t know much else.

Steyr has a pistol with a low bore axis. It really felt like your hand was behind the barrel and not under it. Had some whacky cool triangular sights as well. But the grip angle was more extreme than usual and for that reason didn’t point well. Took me a month of Sundays to sell it…

Steyr has a pistol with a low bore axis. It really felt like your hand was behind the barrel and not under it. Had some whacky cool triangular sights as well. But the grip angle was more extreme than usual and for that reason didn’t point well. Took me a month of Sundays to sell it…
Got one in .40 if you're interested. 🤣

Got one in .40 if you're interested. 🤣
Yeah that’s what I had the M-40. I blew it up with what I suspect was a hot reload. Sent it to Steyr they ruled the same and refused to warranty it wanted $300 for a new barrel/slide. Fast forward at least 5 years they are banging down my door with calls and e-mails for me to send it back again. Ended up replacing it with a brand new one free of charge…

I remember those triangular sites. They were, um, different.

Daniel Defense is a fairly well known manufacturor of AR-15's, AR-10's and precision rifles. It's local to me, and some of my friends work there. Just got the email that they're manufacturing a handgun. That was a pretty closely held secret. I'm thinking that the release was timed for ShotShow 2024

Daniel Defense has done for the handgun what we did for the AR-style rifle—taken it to a whole new level. Our revolutionary DANIEL™ H9® combines the ergonomics and pointability of a 1911 with the easy shooting and maintenance of a striker-fired pistol. A low bore axis reduces recoil and muzzle-flip for faster, more accurate follow-up shots. A modular design enables easy customization, and a 1911-style straight-pullback trigger with safety blade provides precision control and safer operation. Customizable, ambidextrous controls deliver superb ergonomics and maneuverability, and an aircraft-grade-aluminum frame keeps things light but extremely durable. Experience the same, legendary, made-in-America quality you expect from Daniel Defense only in a smaller package. Like everything we sell, our new H9® is backed by Daniel’s 100% Satisfaction guarantee.

View attachment 841835

Not available in the Jesus caliber? Two world wars? Nawwwww

Back
Top Bottom