• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No myth, good guy (woman) with a gun, again -

allen-1

NES Member
Security officer reveals how she stopped Huntsville nightclub gunman in his tracks

The article obviously wasn't written in the Boston Globe...
Excerpts:

HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - She’s being credited with saving the lives of innocent party goers when a man firing a rifle made his way towards a packed nightclub.

A security officer was forced to shoot Samuel Williams, 33, outside of the 3208 Entertainment Complex on Long Avenue in Huntsville at 12:40 a.m. Dec. 31.

Williams, a convicted felon, was still wearing a hospital gown in a wheelchair in his mug shot as he recovers after being shot in the leg.

“Sometimes people make wrong decisions and bad things do happen. The goose can ruin it for the gander. However, we do our jobs and we always try our hardest to do our jobs every night. The people provide this club for us to come out and have a good time, not to display any type of violence, just to have a good time and come and unwind. That's what this place is here for. We don't want it to be known for anything like what just recently happened,” Latoya explained.

Huntsville police say others involved in the incident at the club could also face charges.

Latoya has worked at several clubs in Huntsville since she started working security in 2013, but nothing like this has ever happened before.

“These are people I work with every day and people I see all weekend, during the week when I'm working at different clubs. I know some of these people. They're my friends. I'm just glad that no one else was hurt. That's all I care about,” she stated.

She said at one point, Williams asked her why she shot him. He has prior convictions for robbery and assault, according to court records.

“I didn’t answer. It was a ridiculous question,” she revealed. “Thankfully, he’s still alive today one day, he’s going to have the opportunity to make better choices.”

Back
Top Bottom