• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another gun myth or truth?

Lots of stupid in this thread. Not saying I bring up the average but even I know that a 2011 is more accurate/faster than your typical striker fired pistol. There’s a reason they dominate open competitions where speed and accuracy is critical. They’re called race guns for a reason.
Just because somethings practical application is more suitable for human consumption...doesnt mean its mechanically true.

As stated the fastest any human on the planet is getting 9 shots off in a second. A glock is capable of 20.

I'm curious about the mechanical

But the motion is still the same right? Like slide goes back...cocks the hammer... comes forward bullet slides in.

Unless there is another piece that lets just use glocks have that takes an extra fraction of a second i cant see how it matters
Like the person said, a lot of striker fired guns operate in a semi-double-action mode for every trigger pull.
The striker is not fully cocked. Every trigger pull does two things - fully cocks the striker and then releases it.
In a 1911 / 2011, after the first shot, the striker is fully cocked, and the trigger does only one thing - release the hammer / striker.
So, yes, most striker fired guns are doing more on every trigger pull compared to the SA operation of a 1911 / 2011.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom