• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

just what we need, another hypothetical question...

Signatures and records of payment my friend. A lease of 1 year or less can be verbal and valid but is non-enforceable. If you never talked to them (again why I said do not attempt to talk or negotiate with them) they have no evidence that you gave them even a verbal lease, let alone a written one you signed onto. You ask them in front of the cops: "What's my name? You claim I'm your landlord. Surely, you know my name." If they give a false name, show the cops your ID and they're screwed.

t. Landlord and real estate agent.
I don’t know this man’s name officer I dealt with a rental agent. As you can see by this rental (fake) agreement I have. I don’t have paper records of payment handy we do it in cash, and as you can see my key works ,does this guy claiming to be the owner have a working key?……you think here in MA a couple local cops are then on the spot gonna tell them to pack up and leave because some guy claiming to be the owner says so? It’s a he said she said to the initial responding cops. Once they are in and locks changed its a battle to get them out. Or how is it this is happening nation wide in tens of thousands of homes? Can’t blame the cops their not document experts.

Last edited:
This. I never understood these people with squatter problems. If I were in this situation there would be no squatters. I may be in jail.....but my wife and son will still have a mortgage free home to live in!
Well maybe your family might find themselves homeless too. If you attack or even threaten the squatters they may sue the hell out of you and while you are in jail they get the house in a court judgement. I agree with you but there maybe a downside. I just don't trust the courts to be impartial.

I don’t know this man’s name officer I dealt with a rental agent. As you can see by this rental (fake) agreement I have. I don’t have paper records of payment handy we do it in cash, and as you can see my key works ,does this guy claiming to be the owner have a working key?……you think here in MA a couple local cops are then on the spot gonna tell them to pack up and leave because some guy claiming to be the owner says so? It’s a he said she said to the initial responding cops. Once they are in and locks changed its a battle to get them out. Or how is it this is happening nation wide in tens of thousands of homes? Can’t blame the cops their not document experts.
Also as in my case and most likely most of you your home owners documents are in the house. I don't think the cops will let you in to find your papers. What would you have to show you are the property owner.all you would have is your ID and vehicle registration and they have nothing to do with property ownership. Now this is making me think I should have my home owners documents off site.

Signatures and records of payment my friend. A lease of 1 year or less can be verbal and valid but is non-enforceable. If you never talked to them (again why I said do not attempt to talk or negotiate with them) they have no evidence that you gave them even a verbal lease, let alone a written one you signed onto. You ask them in front of the cops: "What's my name? You claim I'm your landlord. Surely, you know my name." If they give a false name, show the cops your ID and they're screwed.

t. Landlord and real estate agent.

A somewhat intelligent squatter would look up your name at a town or county website or just learn it from a prescription pill bottle or junk mail arriving daily.

If there in the Fkn house their in possession
Do you have children in your house?

By your measure you should be charged with giving possession of guns to a minor since being in the house with a locked safe equals possession of the safe's contents.

I may not agree with the state of the laws but they are what they are.

Squatters should be told to leave and if they don't they then should be dragged out then soundly beaten with less than lethal just up to needing low-level medical care.
And if they damaged the property they should be held in indentiture until they work off the debt - yes, I believe in making people who commit crimes accountable for their torts to others even if that includes forced labor.

regarding squatters, this time, any gun owner, you fill in the blank, leaves for a weeks vacation. they come back to find squatters have taken over. but there was a safe in the house containing firearms. it hasn't been breached yet. are there any federal firearms charges that could be brought upon the squatters? in law, everything is usually not what it seems. are not these squatters felons for possession of stolen firearms? do you think there is any legal way to reclaim those firearms while the state says to the squatters "welcome, help yourself to the house."
In Massachusetts, for someone to be considered a squatter, they would have to have been "squatting" for twenty consecutive years. Which means if you go on vacation, return after a week or two and find someone inside your house, they're not a squatter.

Do you have children in your house?

By your measure you should be charged with giving possession of guns to a minor since being in the house with a locked safe equals possession of the safe's contents.

I may not agree with the state of the laws but they are what they are.

Squatters should be told to leave and if they don't they then should be dragged out then soundly beaten with less than lethal just up to needing low-level medical care.
And if they damaged the property they should be held in indentiture until they work off the debt - yes, I believe in making people who commit crimes accountable for their torts to others even if that includes forced labor.
My kids didn’t break into my house. They are allowed to be here and live here legally. Also they are not minors. What a stupid example

In Massachusetts, for someone to be considered a squatter, they would have to have been "squatting" for twenty consecutive years. Which means if you go on vacation, return after a week or two and find someone inside your house, they're not a squatter.
You are wrong!

Adverse possession takes 20 yrs.

ANYONE living in a house for any amount of time, must be dealt with in MA under the laws of eviction. I was a MA constable for 21 years before escaping to America. Every person must be given notice and time to appear in court numerous times before you can evict them. Normal MA time for an eviction is 3-9 months.

You are wrong!

ANYONE living legally in a house for any amount of time, must be dealt with in MA under the laws of eviction. I was a MA constable for 21 years before escaping to America. Every person must be given notice and time to appear in court numerous times before you can evict them. Normal MA time for an eviction is 3-9 months.

FIFY, I think. I hope.

I'm sure you're right when it comes to people who are living there legitimately. If a man invades my house and sleeps in my bed and I come home and find him, you're saying I have to use eviction law to get rid of him?

FIFY, I think. I hope.

I'm sure you're right when it comes to people who are living there legitimately. If a man invades my house and sleeps in my bed and I come home and find him, you're saying I have to use eviction law to get rid of him?
If the perp claims to be a resident when the PD arrives, that's all that it takes. I've had to have eviction papers modified to include people that the landlord was unaware of, including an "et al" for any he wasn't aware of . . . and serve each one individually. $$$

You are wrong!

ANYONE living in a house for any amount of time, must be dealt with in MA under the laws of eviction. I was a MA constable for 21 years before escaping to America. Every person must be given notice and time to appear in court numerous times before you can evict them. Normal MA time for an eviction is 3-9 months.
1711922111950.png

Back
Top Bottom