• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democrat CA Gov. Newsom – ‘We Need To Pass Constitutional Amendment’ Against Guns

Right...and what happened to that guy? Dead. If it gets to the point where there is a 2A person who decides to make a stand the media campaign combined with a massive and overwhelming LEO/military presence will be showing time after time that you will be giving up your life for your hobby and that will be the example to others. Just like Australia, few in the US will lay down their life for the 2A. It's not 1776 or 1861 any longer.

This is just my prediction, not my hope. The whole idea turns my stomach, but such seems to be the direction of the tide.
There's HELLA more at stake than a hobby!

When Newsom is president he will executive order a gun ban and then with the overwhelming democratic congress will pass an amendment to ban guns and gut out the 2nd amendment. By that point the democrats will have successfully packed the courts. We will be a ipsofacto
one party system.
Just a thought if we let it happen.

When Newsom is president he will executive order a gun ban and then with the overwhelming democratic congress will pass an amendment to ban guns and gut out the 2nd amendment. By that point the democrats will have successfully packed the courts. We will be a ipsofacto
one party system.
What do you mean IF we let it happen. We already did, and the consequences are in progress.

one party system.
Congress alone CANNOT pass an amendment. They can propose one, but it still MUST be ratified by 3/4 of the State legislatures.

An amendment may be proposed by a two-thirds vote of both Houses of Congress, or, if two-thirds of the States request one, by a convention called for that purpose. The amendment must then be ratified by three-fourths of the State legislatures, or three-fourths of conventions called in each State for ratification.

The last time this happened was May 20, 1992.

There are still 6 outstanding proposals that have not been ratified.

In short, I don't expect a Newsom presidency will EVER be able to pass a constitutional amendment banning guns

All moot points if owning a gun immediately makes you a felon and you then are risking everything you have saved, your freedom, etc for the right to own a gun. Easy to say FAFO/Molon Abe/Etc on the interwebz but when push comes to shove most people are handing them over to preserve their life savings, livelihood and lifestyle for themselves and their family. We live too well in this country for anyone to give up anything for what amounts to a black hobby for most people. The US 2A will die a whimpering death at the hands of the democrats the same way AUS forfeited their similar privileges.

Yes the police will come for your guns. They are interested in doing this as part of their job. I asked a LEO friend of mine and he said "if we have to, then we will".

Nobody cares about the newly unemployed, they care about the scary stuff pounded into their brains every night.

Felon? Pah! Steal three guns and sell them to undercovers. Six days!

So, just continuing to own the same guns you owned before they're banned, should be maybe a $25 fine.

At least he admits the current 2A makes all his state's law unconstitutional.
Yep.

He's welcome to try. I've got no problem with concerned citizens amending the constitution: that's precisely the way the nation is set up. I'm happier with a politician admitting he wants to overturn 2A than with a politician claiming he supports it, only to push for policies that infringe on it.

Thing is, if he does try this, he'll see just how many states think his (and, by extension, the progressives') ideas on gun control are whacked.

Back
Top Bottom