• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democrat CA Gov. Newsom – ‘We Need To Pass Constitutional Amendment’ Against Guns

Awesome! It’s much alarming for all gun owners than the piecemeal encroachment style. Let’em do this cold turkey and we’ll see how serious Americans are about their RKBA.

Just trying to out-lefty the lefties to be seen as a possible 2028 candidate (or replacement VP?)
He's said outlandish things like this before.

So what I like to ask people is "Let's pretend we can pass something like this and it says only the police and military can have guns....great. What's your plan to collect the hundreds of million of guns currently in civilian hands? What kind of compliance do you think you'll get from a mandatory surrender? You do know the police aren't interested in collecting guns from private citizens, right? Ok, let's leave that aside. What's you plan for all those people who had a job because of the icky guns? You know, the manufacturers? The ammo makers? The range owners and employees? And what pray tell leads anyone to believe we can amend the US constitution? You do know the ERA is still not ratified by 3/4 of the states, right?

.......at this point a blank stare is usually what happens.

Just trying to out-lefty the lefties to be seen as a possible 2028 candidate (or replacement VP?)

So what I like to ask people is "Let's pretend we can pass something like this and it says only the police and military can have guns....great. What's your plan to collect the hundreds of million of guns currently in civilian hands? What kind of compliance do you think you'll get from a mandatory surrender? You do know the police aren't interested in collecting guns from private citizens, right? Ok, let's leave that aside. What's you plan for all those people who had a job because of the icky guns? You know, the manufacturers? The ammo makers? The range owners and employees? And what pray tell leads anyone to believe we can amend the US constitution? You do know the ERA is still not ratified by 3/4 of the states, right?

I've often thought about this. Consider how many jurisdictions across this vast country that don't have any police department. Further, who is going door to door to collect these? Who will be delivering the condolences to the spouses and children of those who do not submit - or those unfortunate souls who are unsuccessful in the collection effort. What is the plan for taking care of the orphans?

It would be a PR/political debacle.

I've often thought about this. Consider how many jurisdictions across this vast country that don't have any police department. Further, who is going door to door to collect these? Who will be delivering the condolences to the spouses and children of those who do not submit - or those unfortunate souls who are unsuccessful in the collection effort. What is the plan for taking care of the orphans?

But if it saves just one life...

Yes i honestly believe people think by virtue of a law it will just happen. And maybe they would get a voluntary surrender of the 4 guns in Cambridge. But problematic elsewhere.

I had a chat with a state rep i know and he said they needed new gun laws to keep ghost guns from criminals. I said the only people really affected were law abiding citizens who legit assembled guns. I suggested if he believed it would work to outlaw opiates and stop so many people from Overdosing.

Good Fu€king luck hair gel 👇

View attachment 851038

17 times since the bill of rights. It’s made to be difficult…it’s supposed to be difficult. Can’t imagine the cluster we’d have it was easy to change. It would be the death of the republic subject to the political sway at any given time.

But if it saves just one life...

If we banned automobiles, how many lives would be saved. That's the catch with this bullspit phrase. It's always, "This is not going to inconvenience me so you should all stop your behavior because it will save one life."

Iimagine if not growing kale would save a single life. All the liberals would absolutely die. Maybe some guy fell into a vat of Beyond Meat and died. If we banned Beyond Meat, it would possibly save just one person.

Nahhh. Only stuff YOU use or do should be banned. ;)

If we banned automobiles, how many lives would be saved. That's the catch with this bullspit phrase. It's always, "This is not going to inconvenience me so you should all stop your behavior because it will save one life."

Iimagine if not growing kale would save a single life. All the liberals would absolutely die. Maybe some guy fell into a vat of Beyond Meat and died. If we banned Beyond Meat, it would possibly save just one person.

Nahhh. Only stuff YOU use or do should be banned. ;)
Agreed

At least he admits the current 2A makes all his state's law unconstitutional.
I don't think that will slow him down.
Hawaiian supreme court just overruled a federal supreme court ruling.

So I guess they can do that now, as long as it's in the name of safety.

All moot points if owning a gun immediately makes you a felon and you then are risking everything you have saved, your freedom, etc for the right to own a gun. Easy to say FAFO/Molon Abe/Etc on the interwebz but when push comes to shove most people are handing them over to preserve their life savings, livelihood and lifestyle for themselves and their family. We live too well in this country for anyone to give up anything for what amounts to a black hobby for most people. The US 2A will die a whimpering death at the hands of the democrats the same way AUS forfeited their similar privileges.

Yes the police will come for your guns. They are interested in doing this as part of their job. I asked a LEO friend of mine and he said "if we have to, then we will".

Nobody cares about the newly unemployed, they care about the scary stuff pounded into their brains every night.

All moot points if owning a gun immediately makes you a felon and you then are risking everything you have saved, your freedom, etc for the right to own a gun. Easy to say FAFO/Molon Abe/Etc on the interwebz but when push comes to shove most people are handing them over to preserve their life savings, livelihood and lifestyle for themselves and their family. We live too well in this country for anyone to give up anything for what amounts to a black hobby for most people. The US 2A will die a whimpering death at the hands of the democrats the same way AUS forfeited their similar privileges.

Yes the police will come for your guns. They are interested in doing this as part of their job. I asked a LEO friend of mine and he said "if we have to, then we will".

Nobody cares about the newly unemployed, they care about the scary stuff pounded into their brains every night.
Ask your LEO friend how he likes his odds what if 1% of 1% gun owners decided to go kinetic and start targeting the precious “LEOs”, as Christopher Dorner or Eric Fein did. Out of 100 million gun owners, one ten thousandth still produces ten thousands of Dorner replicas. One Dorner made the 9000-strong LAPD completely shot the bed, just for scale.

Ask your LEO friend how he likes his odds what if 1% of 1% gun owners decided to go kinetic and start targeting the precious “LEOs”, as Christopher Dorner or Eric Fein did. Out of 100 million gun owners, one ten thousandth still produces ten thousands of Dorner replicas. One Dorner made the 9000-strong LAPD completely shot the bed, just for scale.
This. 1 man with a rifle brought Maine to a screeching halt a few months ago. Was he a psycho? Absolutely. Did the good guys stop him? Nope! He killed himself 1mi inside of the search area and it still took the Maine State Police, Sheriff's, ATF, Marshall's, and local PD DAYS TO FIND HIM.

This. 1 man with a rifle brought Maine to a screeching halt a few months ago. Was he a psycho? Absolutely. Did the good guys stop him? Nope! He killed himself 1mi inside of the search area and it still took the Maine State Police, Sheriff's, ATF, Marshall's, and local PD DAYS TO FIND HIM.

Right...and what happened to that guy? Dead. If it gets to the point where there is a 2A person who decides to make a stand the media campaign combined with a massive and overwhelming LEO/military presence will be showing time after time that you will be giving up your life for your hobby and that will be the example to others. Just like Australia, few in the US will lay down their life for the 2A. It's not 1776 or 1861 any longer.

This is just my prediction, not my hope. The whole idea turns my stomach, but such seems to be the direction of the tide.

Right...and what happened to that guy? Dead. If it gets to the point where there is a 2A person who decides to make a stand the media campaign combined with a massive and overwhelming LEO/military presence will be showing time after time that you will be giving up your life for your hobby and that will be the example to others. Just like Australia, few in the US will lay down their life for the 2A. It's not 1776 or 1861 any longer.

This is just my prediction, not my hope. The whole idea turns my stomach, but such seems to be the direction of the tide.
I’m a little more hopeful than that. Having reached the point in a man’s life where one no longer gives a shit, my thought is that if they come, I’ve got nothing left to lose after that. Fighting is the only choice left. It wouldn’t be for the sake of protecting a hobby but for the sake of keeping my oath of enlistment. Again, I don’t want it, I know the outcome, but what else is left. I’m not getting on a train or living under tyranny.

Back
Top Bottom