• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a smith good with AKs

Sergey at Rust Blue: can't go wrong with an experienced gunsmith with tons of versatility.
IDK if its the same guy but the gunsmith at B&K Sales in Natick worked at the Tula Arms Factory in Russia. Pretty sure he knows his way around an AK haha.

Matt Yeamans/TurboThis is the best out there. I know he had a massive fire in his shop a few years ago so I don't know how active he is now
Id like to get it done locally if possible.
I've used ak master mount on all my norincos with 100% reliability
I've used them before but I want this one to be permanent

I've used ak master mount on all my norincos with 100% reliability
Have you found the hooded front sight to be an issue with obstructing the dot when using the master mount? Also does the master mount scratch up the receiver at all?

Have you found the hooded front sight to be an issue with obstructing the dot when using the master mount? Also does the master mount scratch up the receiver at all?
I use master mount side rail with RS Regulate. No issues with front post.

Don’t they get weird with this state? Maybe your joking “sledgehammer” et all.

OP there was a place at the mill but can’t recall who. Maybe check with @EddieCoyle
never.

Sledgehammer Arms was out of Jacksonville TX. It appears he is closed now but did some gas port work on one of my Krink SBRs. Chris Butler at AKUSA is/was an AK47 expert and was the only guy I used for many years. He probably worked on no less then 7-8 of my rifles over the years. So much that I visited his shop one time when vacationing in Fort Myers FL.

I am looking to add an optic rail to an AK so I am looking for an AK smith ideally in southeastern MA or RI. Does anyone know of anyone?

Thanks
Where are you trying to put the optic on the AK? I like the WASR style side mounts tapped into the receiver but it's still annoying to take off every time you need to take apart the rifle. I mounted a little reflex dot on the rear leaf sight on my SKS and it should be similar for the AK. Easy to tap it in yourself.

strikeak47-rail5-3034736105.JPG strikeak47-rail4-14915834.JPG

Where are you trying to put the optic on the AK? I like the WASR style side mounts tapped into the receiver but it's still annoying to take off every time you need to take apart the rifle. I mounted a little reflex dot on the rear leaf sight on my SKS and it should be similar for the AK. Easy to tap it in yourself.

View attachment 850414View attachment 850415

Pay attention kids. This is what black belt level trolling looks like.

View attachment 850414View attachment 850415
dude what f*** is that?

This guy has strong opinions:

IVAN CHESNOKOV !!4AFNigi37A

KALASHNIKOV IS WEAPON OF RUSSIA. TODAY IS WEAPON OF WHOLE WORLD, BUT IS GIFT OF MOTHERLAND TO PLANET.

I THINK YOU GET RIFLE OF SAIGA. IS OF IZHEVSK MECHANICAL WORKS. PRICE IS GOOD AND FACTORY IS WHERE WHOLE WORLD FACES TO SEE HOW KALASHNIKOV RIFLE IS MADE. WHEN MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV INSPECT ARMS FACTORY, THIS IS FACTORY HE INSPECT.

WASR OF ROMANIA CAN BE GOOD RIFLE TOO. IF YOU ARE WISE WITH KALASHNIKOV SISTEMA AND INSPECT WELL THE RIFLE, YOU CAN KNOW.

IN AMERICA IS TYPE FROM ARSENAL OF NAME ARSENAL. IS FUNNY NAME TO ME. IS LIKE AMERICAN CHEESE OF NAME AMERICAN CHEESE. PRICE IS HIGH BUT QUALITY IS LIKE BEST RUSSIAN KALASHNIKOV. MAYBE YOU BRIBE PARTY AND GET JOB WITH GREAT SALARY AND PRICE IS NO PROBLEM. MAYBE NOT. IS MORE IMPORTANT TO HAVE RIFLE THAT WORKS AND MANY CARTRIDGE THAN SINGLE FINEST RIFLE AND FEW CARTRIDGE.

Source:

Back
Top Bottom