New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

Looking forward to another season of them making RPGs into ccw weapons for elite tactical response units in hillbilly creek louisiana. I'll probably still watch though, despite the lame set ups.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Looking forward to another season of them making RPGs into ccw weapons for elite tactical response units in hillbilly creek louisiana. I'll probably still watch though, despite the lame set ups.

They lost a lot of credibility when they branched into silliness like making a phalanx of tubes to launch model rockets with the equivalent of large bird bombs was actually making an "anti piracy weapon" for the high seas.

Skip ahead to 12 seconds...he says everything that needs to be said about himself and his show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give it another shot hoping that they'll change some of the painfully annoying things about last season like:

- Cut down on the shots of that snuggle-toothed daughter
- Eliminate the phrase "This could create a whole new market for Red Jacket"
- Stop saying things that have been around for years have "Never been done before"
- Don't pretend you're making things like tactical Tommy Guns for legitimate use by law enforcement. Just tell us the truth, you just wanted to build it.

I don't hold out a lot of hope.

alot of the stuff they build looks pretty crappy like their "Katana" series AR the test they put it through would be passed by an AR in decent by the looks of it and they played it up as one of the best ars out there and they want almost $1900 for one that they never even specify its accuracy levels and imo they look terrable .

It's the dilemna of "reality" TV...making life look interesting enough to tune in. Just showing them do Saiga conversions all day wouldn't sell. Although I would watch that [wink]

It's the dilemna of "reality" TV...making life look interesting enough to tune in. Just showing them do Saiga conversions all day wouldn't sell. Although I would watch that [wink]

I don't have a problem with them build crazy, or even stupid, stuff. I'm fine with that. Just don't insult my intelligence by feeding me BS about it being for anti-pirate/special forces/swat team use and it absolutely HAS to be done in 48 hours. Christ, most of us can't get a friggin trigger job done in that time. Just tell me you really wanted to build it.

I don't have a problem with them build crazy, or even stupid, stuff. I'm fine with that. Just don't insult my intelligence by feeding me BS about it being for anti-pirate/special forces/swat team use and it absolutely HAS to be done in 48 hours.

Agree that was a silly episode (a shoulder-fired RPG would be very effective in that situation, too). I think some of the restoration work (flamethower, MG42) made for some good viewing, probably because there was a legitimate context to those builds.

I do smile everytime I hear Stephanie say something like "Daddy, we gotta sell us some mo guuhhuns".

I'd like to see them build a Pendersen Device repro--which so far it seems no manufacturer has been willing to tackle. Seems to have a good TV storyline to it, and plenty of us Mark 1 owners would buy one...I know I would (provided they used a more available .30 round...)

Am I the only one that liked the show? I liked seeing the guys in the back converting/modifying/building guns. I thought it was pretty cool.

They have a MK.19 on the table with practice rounds in that video where hes saying "it fires little bombs."

I wonder how they are going to ruin that weapon system.

Am I the only one that liked the show? I liked seeing the guys in the back converting/modifying/building guns. I thought it was pretty cool.

No, I enjoyed it too & plan on watching the new season. I do however agree with TWtommers about the incessant "no-one's-ever-done-this-before-it'll-open-up-a-whole-new-market" shtick. It's surprisingly disingenuous for someone who's been at it for so long to say crap like that on national TV.

And +1 on the snaggle-toothed daughter.

No, I enjoyed it too & plan on watching the new season. I do however agree with TWtommers about the incessant "no-one's-ever-done-this-before-it'll-open-up-a-whole-new-market" shtick. It's surprisingly disingenuous for someone who's been at it for so long to say crap like that on national TV.

And +1 on the snaggle-toothed daughter.

Agreed. I didn't get the whole "I needed it 2 weeks ago" mentality from every customer either. I guess the producers think it makes the show dramatic.

- Don't pretend you're making things like tactical Tommy Guns for legitimate use by law enforcement. Just tell us the truth, you just wanted to build it.

haha, I have to agree here. What the hell does Loozi-annna's shereef need a sooper tommy fo' any-wize?

'Course, you could git you one 'o deez

Agreed. I didn't get the whole "I needed it 2 weeks ago" mentality from every customer either. I guess the producers think it makes the show dramatic.
Unfortunately, I deal with a few hundred engineers with this same mentality. Gets old after a while. They need to get their damn time management skills up to par with at least a 10 year old.

Unfortunately, I deal with a few hundred engineers with this same mentality. Gets old after a while. They need to get their damn time management skills up to par with at least a 10 year old.

I have only been doing it for a few years. When everything becomes an emergency, emergencies suddenly don't become as important. From The Office:

Oscar: We stopped reading memos because everyone marks them as urgent.
Michael Scott: Ok, I mark it as Urgent A, Urgent B, Urgent C, Urgent D. Urgent A is the most important. Urgent D you don’t even really have to worry about.

IMHO...it is a show about guns for the entertainment of the sheeps that know very little about firearms.
....and the daughter is not working for me either, I'd rather watch Lisa in IRT.

The young kid is a puttz and needs to calm down. The young blonde kid is Meh. both are not gunsmiths and the only actual one is the Bald guy and he seems alright. Now the owner hes a tool, i agree with T on this one just say you wanted to build it. Its a perfectly reasonable answer.

Now the daughter she's a one bagger maybe two bagger. One bag for her and one for me in case hers falls off.

Considering its summer and there aint much on, I'll be watching again.

Thank god for DVR though, as it airs at the same time as the last season of Rescue Me, which also starts this Thursday on FX.

I was surprised that some producer/executive actually proposed the idea and then sold it to a network. I know it all comes down to money but I figured that the idea would have been quickly squashed (too violent, guns are bad blah blah blah).

I like it better than most of the other 'reality' TV stuff and accept it for what it is.

I watched 1 episode. The one where they made the boom stick for the alligator hunters. After watching them act like they invented the wheel I had had enough and turned it off. I tried giving it another shot, but it's pretty unwatchable.

Back
Top Bottom