New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

Y'all catch the part where will mentions steph's kid? Didn't know that before.... Guess that makes her a MILF....

Mom In Line of Fire....

From my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

1000AK.jpg

outdone... by 54 years.

I'll give it another shot hoping that they'll change some of the painfully annoying things about last season like:

- Cut down on the shots of that snuggle-toothed daughter

Aw common now, I watched it last night. Id hit it[smile]

I had also been drinking, so I reserve the right to modify/retract this statement after watching the show with a lower BAC. [wink] (which it seems I never do, so that must say something)

The fact that she works around guns and shoots adds points but I can't stand the voice.

This...yes, she needs to shut up.

Last edited:
The top two are configured in a full auto mode. At start their chambers are empty with bolt forward.

Main gun fires, it's gas system cycles one of top guns action. This strips, loads and fires a round since it's sear thinks trigger is held back in full auto. Then this rifle gases does same to third.

The third rifle gases goes back to first and depending on trigger mode that action responds appropriately.

Stupid...just stupid....he should save his money and take his daughter to a dentist...I love handguns and it annoys me when he says a handgun is a way to a real gun...well all he seems to make are aks and shotguns that sell for like 2grand

As hard as I am on these guys, the 3 way M16 was a pretty cool build. Is it practical? No! Is it something that would sell well? Probably not. Is it stupid? You bet! I think it was just a build to say look what we made...... and then laugh about it. Kinda like the Frankin-Mosin at ZHA

Just saw the preview for this week, they're going to build the first "AK accurate to 1000 yards" Apparently they've not seen this? [laugh]
Dragunov.jpg

Attachments

• Dragunov.jpg
    Dragunov.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 11
Agree that was a silly episode (a shoulder-fired RPG would be very effective in that situation, too). I think some of the restoration work (flamethower, MG42) made for some good viewing, probably because there was a legitimate context to those builds.

I do smile everytime I hear Stephanie say something like "Daddy, we gotta sell us some mo guuhhuns".

I really wanted to see more on the M2 build. Was mostly "daddy" making fun of the guy he flew down for help, and Steph patting herself on the back for selling a dozen guns....blah

Just caught this on DVR last night. Say what you will about the gun but I was finally happy with the formula...sort of.
The gun was just for shits and giggles and he admitted it. The timing pressure was about getting that other guy but the idea of how much time he could let his guys screw around on a project that won't make a dime was plausible.
They lost me a bit with the party planning (more staged BS) but I enjoyed this episode more than those in the past.

I really wanted to see more on the M2 build. Was mostly "daddy" making fun of the guy he flew down for help, and Steph patting herself on the back for selling a dozen guns....blah

the show isn't made for us, it's made for sheeple to go "oooooo ahhhhhh"

i'm not a motorcycle guy, but i'm sure american chopper has a similar effect on them....

the show isn't made for us, it's made for sheeple to go "oooooo ahhhhhh"

i'm not a motorcycle guy, but i'm sure american chopper has a similar effect on them....

This. American Chopper used to send my buddy through the roof. The show about Boyd Cottington or West Coast Customs make car guys nuts.

The show is some what staged. Either a producer or Will come up with the projects. My guess there is an associate producer that surfs the internet looking for a "cool" (cool to a non-shooter) idea. The producer comes across a gun, like that lunchbox abomination, and says can you build one of these.

In the last episode they brought down Tony, of Tromix, who is one of the first guys on the Saiga conversion band wagon. He has built some other really wild stuff to as well. My guess is Tony was brought in as he was the guy with the original idea of running a 2nd AR by rerouting the gas systems and was there mostly to fill air time rather than his knowledge. The build seems simple enough when it comes down to it more about why would you want to rather than can you. The party is something he has been doing for years, obviously having a group like Discovery helping pay the bills does not hurt either.

My understanding is that the producers try and push the way the show flows but not the actual banter etc. The producer will ask to have things explained or ask questions to be answered but not actually scripted. It also seems thtat Will rarely follows a script even when one is given to him.

As to him being arrogant all I can say is that on the several times I have corresponded or talked to him, he and Steph have always been very nice. He had some questions on a build and I got a call on a Sunday afternoon and he was at the shop pounding out work (this was before the show was even a thought). He is just a nice hardworking guy that got a TV show.

Arrogant? I see him as a guy loving what he does and mugging for the camera. He genuinely seems to like what he does and the people around him. He has a flair for the dramatic when he talks but that works for a show like this, all flash and no substance. I actually like how the guy operates compared to most reality show divas.

Either way some of the ideas are plain stupid but him building some of the stuff we would like to see would probably seem like watching paint drying to most watchers.

Some of you guys take this way to serious. Its staged... well what show on television isnt? Just because you know wrestling is fake doesn't mean you cannot enjoy it. When we all saw Pamela Anderson running on the beech we also knew they were fake and still enjoyed it. You guys need to relax. Its just a show.

To quote Will, When asked about some of the projects.

"Well right on man . Hang in there with us , some of the shit we find ourselves in the middle of , Christ , a retarded monkey couldn't have imagined , but spend one day working the counter at a custom shop and you'll know exactly how it goes down . One more goober comes in asking for a 3 cylinder 2 barreled revolver.... lol I think you'll like what we have coming up though."

[rofl][laugh2][rofl] "retarted monkey"

Yeah, to each his own. There are plenty who like the whole "It's gotta be done tomorrow" bit too. To me she's nothing special. The fact that she works around guns and shoots adds points but I can't stand the voice.

184736_142509789147247_129541613777398_300718_3109265_n.jpg

Bit rough around the edges for me, but I garrrantee there are a few folks 'round here that would. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom