New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

Just saw the preview for this week, they're going to build the first "AK accurate to 1000 yards" Apparently they've not seen this? [laugh]
Dragunov.jpg

Thats not the same function as an AK. A Romak/PSL however does function the same but is not accurate at 1000 yards. Actual Dragunovs at 1000 yards aren't even trully accurate.

They'll probably modify a Saiga using a heavy barrel.

I remember reading a while back in SGN about an AK chambered in 6.5 Grendel that was accurate out to 800 yards. Whatever they do for the build I don't think it'll be in 7.62x39.

Last edited:
The next episode will have the team building a mentos and diet coke grenade launcher. He's gonna corner the market

Maybe a new style of "shoots around corners" gun for SWAT to use when they whack a dog.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

photos with photo shopped breasts? really? [rofl]

Looks like the whole thing was "enhanced" and she still does nothing for me. Though I am sure she knows a thing or two about guns (you would thing one would have to being around guns al day), I would assume that like other shows, they (she) researches the item that just came through the door, before they start talking about it on camera.

I haven't read the thread, but watched a mini-marathon last night. Am I the only one who thinks thie show is stoopid? I mean c'mon - the US Navy going to Red jacket for twin liquid cooled M-16's for patrol boats? Seriously? And I wouldn't...Unless I was wasted and desperate...

I haven't read the thread, but watched a mini-marathon last night. Am I the only one who thinks thie show is stoopid? I mean c'mon - the US Navy going to Red jacket for twin liquid cooled M-16's for patrol boats? Seriously? And I wouldn't...Unless I was wasted and desperate...

Mark, why use the M240 or M249 when you can have a hack job from Red Jacket?

+1 that's was the first and last episode I watched.

That whole show is retarded. I'm sure NSWC Crane is going to go out of business soon as the Navy sends all its business to "Red Jacket".

What a tool

Mark, why use the M240 or M249 when you can have a hack job from Red Jacket?

+1 that's was the first and last episode I watched.

That whole show is retarded. I'm sure NSWC Crane is going to go out of business soon as the Navy sends all its business to "Red Jacket".

What a tool

And the Saiga attached to an M4? Holy shit...I'd actually like this reality show - if it were based in reality. It's obviously scripted (a la Operation Repo - stoopid defined) and I can only keep my brain tuned into the stupid station for so long...

I actuly really dug the Saiga under the M4, but I did not like how he took most of the credit for the idea. The Masterkey and M26 were way ahead of that in development and implementation.

I actuly really dug the Saiga under the M4, but I did not like how he took most of the credit for the idea. The Masterkey and M26 were way ahead of that in development and implementation.

On the first show for this season he said that setup was a new twist on the Masterkey.

I'll tell you what I can't stand about this show...The first thing I don't like is that they half ass most of their builds. Half of what they do (on the show) can be done in a garage with basic tools. I wanted to puke when I saw the "Triamese" and saw that they used flat stock steel to brace the barrels together. It looked like crap...Are you telling me they couldn't have had something nice milled to make it look professional instead of like a bubba project? I also can't stand that they load targets up with tannerite and/or fuel and make no mention of it. IMO, that does nothing more than make the general public think that these guns are more destructive than they really are.
He sorta has a point there. [rofl]

Anyway, when is this coming to Comcast on Demand? I missed the show and I want to see the trainwreck 1st hand.

Go to icefilms.info and do a search for it. They have the latest episodes on there.

I'll tell you what I can't stand about this show...The first thing I don't like is that they half ass most of their builds. Half of what they do (on the show) can be done in a garage with basic tools. I wanted to puke when I saw the "Triamese" and saw that they used flat stock steel to brace the barrels together. It looked like crap...Are you telling me they couldn't have had something nice milled to make it look professional instead of like a bubba project? I also can't stand that they load targets up with tannerite and/or fuel and make no mention of it. IMO, that does nothing more than make the general public think that these guns are more destructive than they really are.

But didn't you see it after it went through paint? It looked sa-weeeeet.[rolleyes]

Just curious, what is it that you see that separates their AR builds from other shops?
I'm sure there are other great shops out there that do the same quality work but not many. If you had done a search on Red Jacket before this stupid show aired you would have seen that they were one of the countries premier fire arms builders specializing in AKs. You would be hard pressed to find a dissatisfied Red Jacket customer.

I'm sure there are other great shops out there that do the same quality work but not many. If you had done a search on Red Jacket before this stupid show aired you would have seen that they were one of the countries premier fire arms builders specializing in AKs. You would be hard pressed to find a dissatisfied Red Jacket customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Cut down on the shots of that snuggle-toothed daughter
Apparently I'm one of the only NESers to think she's cute. Guess I'm just a redneck at heart?

Am I the only one that liked the show? I liked seeing the guys in the back converting/modifying/building guns. I thought it was pretty cool.
Nope. It's amusing, although the "never been done before" meme does get old.

Are you telling me they couldn't have had something nice milled to make it look professional instead of like a bubba project? I also can't stand that they load targets up with tannerite and/or fuel and make no mention of it. IMO, that does nothing more than make the general public think that these guns are more destructive than they really are.

Well... they ARE rednecks! [laugh]

And I think that in the first episode or two the owner explained that he had some sort of pyrotechnics license and he liked to put a little something extra in the structures.

This was your quote;

I have seen some of there AR work over the years. They are some of the best AR builders out there wich surprises me seeing how crude there methods are using a old a cnc.

This was my question;
Just curious, what is it that you see that separates their AR builds from other shops?
\

This is your response top my question;

Trust me, I have been around enough EBR's to see the difference in quality in AR's and AK's as well as some others. It is AR's that you originally brought up, and you never answered my question about your statement. What makes their AR builds so special? What is it that they do that makes their AR builds a cut above the rest? You have been familiar with their "work" for years now, so this should be a very easy question for you to answer.

Last edited:
This was your quote;

This was my question;
\

This is your response top my question;

Trust me, I have been around enough EBR's to see the difference in quality in AR's and AK's as well as some others. It is AR's that you originally brought up, and you never answered my question about your statement. What makes their AR builds so special? What is it that they do that makes their AR builds a cut above the rest? You have been familiar with their "work" for years now, so this should be a very easy question for you to answer.
I did not say I was familair with there work for years now I said I had seen SOME of there work. And Although I have seen a FEW rifles I could consider as nice I personally have not seen any I would consider nicer. They use 7075 billet aluminum vs. the more commonly used 6061. There Machine work is top notch. Fit and finish is also top notch. This site amazes me, I cant even pay a complement to a company that puts out quality work with out getting ripped. Maybe I should have just agreed with the masses. Red Jacket is a bunch of boobs that make junk. And there show sucks. Is that better?

Back
Top Bottom