New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

a show about a custom gunsmith in Louisiana....

http://corporate.discovery.com/discovery-news/discovery-channels-all-new-series-sons-of-guns-wil/

"If you can dream it, we can build it" is the motto at Red Jacket, the nation's most unique weapons business. Owner Will Hayden and his eclectic crew of Baton Rouge, Louisiana gunsmiths and historians rise to the challenge daily on Discovery Channel's world premiere series SONS OF GUNS, creating one-of-a-kind custom weapons. The show fires off on Mondays at 10PM ET/PT, starting January 24.

As a straight shooter and an avid historian, Will is a trusted expert to handle the requests of Red Jacket's major clients - law enforcement, military and collectors. From guns to knives to swords to cannons, Will sells, trades, buys, builds and customizes them all. While weapons manufacturers are making attachable silencers for AK-47's, Will takes it a step further -- creating internal silencers that help police departments be even more stealth in threatening situations. If someone needs to restore a WWII flamethrower to make it operational, Will can do that too. And when the sheriff's department needs to turn two guns - a shotgun and a rifle - into one, they call Will.

SONS OF GUNS centers on Will's Red Jacket shop, located in the heart of the Louisiana bayou. When Will isn't rebuilding a "bring-back" rifle from the Vietnam War or using his wealth of weapon history knowledge to determine if a pistol found in the attic is an antique or not, he can be found in his shop with his daughter Stephanie and the rest of his team, swapping gossip with his customers. Whether it's having a lunch break shooting contest, going on a nighttime bayou bow fishing trip or field testing a fully automatic M2 .50 caliber machine gun, viewers will catch the Red Jacket team always finding time to have some fun on SONS OF GUNS.

SONS OF GUNS is produced for Discovery Channel by Jupiter Entertainment. Stephen Land and Patrick Leigh-Bell are executive producers. For Discovery Channel, Dolores Gavin is executive producer.

About Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.4 million U.S. homes, can be seen in over 180 countries, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.

About Discovery Communications
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's number one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in over 180 countries. Discovery empowers people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity through 100-plus worldwide networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Investigation Discovery, Planet Green and HD Theater, as well as leading consumer and educational products and services, and a diversified portfolio of digital media services including HowStuffWorks.com. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.

Will Hayden with gun, Joe Meaux on side of truck and Stephanie Hayden driving in "Sons of Guns"

will-hayden-sons-of-guns.jpg

More chatter at SilencerTalk...

Last edited:
his rifles are not expensive at all. After reading the second post i thought they wee going to have $10K rifles. but the AK style rifles are (most of them) under $2K.

Last edited:
Will and crew are great folks to deal with.

When he was building one for me a couple years ago he called me around noon on a Sunday to ask me a few questions on the build.

Hopefully this will portray firearms in a good light. My understanding is they built him a new facility to work out of as well. Will and Stef deserve all the success they might reap from this project. Good to see nice people come out on top. Just glad I got my conversions done prior to this show. First episodes are supposed to be all about Saigas and AK based firearms.

I had Will convert two firearms for me and I am very pleased with both.
Quite glad I got them done before the T.V show,I have a feeling the prices are gonna increase do to a new high-demand of the Discovery series.

Heres the latest "Sons of Guns" I just put some finishing touches on today.

DSC01749.jpg

DSC01742.jpg

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01750.jpg

Saiga rifle acquired from Wildweasel

Conversion by Will Hayden of RedJacket Firearms & the "Sons of Guns" staff
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/sons-of-guns/

Handguard by "Fuglystick" http://www.thefuglystick.com/

Fitting & Tech support compliments of jaymce

Cerakote (dark earth) coatings preformed by SSChevy

And no one has made a masterkey before either.....although I do like the show, I really wish they wouldn't act like these ideas are new.

Also, I wish they had mentioned that the guy had to wait months for the NFA stamp to come back before he could take his suppressed Saiga home.

"I feel like Jesus just slapped me." That was funny. I will watch it again, I just have to get over the daughters snaggle tooth, it catches my eye every time she opens her mouth.

I was telling my buddy. Anything that will make new shooters interested and doesn't portray gun owners in a negative light is a big win IMO. I'll keep watching.

I hate you MA. If it weren't for your stupid laws, I'd have one of those tricked out suppressed Saiga-12s on order.

Back
Top Bottom