New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

Decent show,nothing special.I dont watch on weds cause thats "Midways weds night at the range" on the outdoor network,shooting usa,gun stories,best defense,'merican riflemen.loooove weds night tv.

I'd rather see a reality show based on these guys....

OMFG! i actually watched like 10 min of that show before!!!! i thought it was some sort of comedy skit! [laugh]

my cat knows how to change the channels on the remote with his paws.. err, light up the pretty lights with his paws. so i'd figured he changed it to comedy network or a syndicated SNL episode or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched Rescue Me instead while crushing a few beers.

The previews were of a .308 Saiga with a quad rail on it. If installing one of those is professional gunsmithing, I must be a freaking tier 1 manufacturer.

Totally spaced out Rescue Me and now I'll be searching for it on the net.

The Saiga build actually had a lot going for it. Shortened gas system, heavy barrel, I'm guessing home grown FCG from Red Jacket. Much better rifle than my .308 build.

for example, i don't even have a motorcycle and i used to watch American Chopper.

I just watched Chopper for those gorgeous bikes that Jr designed. I mean, they're basically just Harleys, but they're art as a Harley. Think my fav was the fire dept. bike.

What's with Will bitching at the guy for asking for a tool? Do they not try to meet any MIL-SPEC, ISO, or quality standards?

Kind of odd them not having a micrometer depth gauge, I thought.

I think some of you guys are being waaay too picky about the chick. I don't think she's anything spcial, but she's definitely not ugly. I'm not a huge fan of her mouth, but I think she would be fun for a night or two.

What's with Will bitching at the guy for asking for a tool? Do they not try to meet any MIL-SPEC, ISO, or quality standards?

That pissed me off, I would have packed my tools up and left.

I don't believe they didn't have a depth micrometer in the shop. I think the drama was staged by the producers.

I thought the same as the last 3 comments. My multiquote is weak. When I heard Will say that if there is something you need, time to start packing your own tools, I had a flashback from work. People packing their own uncalibrated tools. A big no no if you have to live up to anything.

She's country fried. I like that.

I like me this honey too
american-pickers-danielle-cushman.jpg
Indeed, she makes that insipid show tolerable.

I don't believe they didn't have a depth micrometer in the shop. I think the drama was staged by the producers.

+1

It also could be that the kid did not understand what Will was talking about. The tool the kid was asking for was the correct one. I think Will was pointing out that by placing the case in the chamber and measuring the ammount the case protruded from the end of the barrel, a measurement could be taken with calipers. Then that measurement compared to the original barrel to find out how much more material needed to be removed from the chamber to get the correct depth.

I dont know why Will would allow himself to be portrayed as a person whos blatantly ignoring any type of precision quality in the rifles he builds. It made him look like a hack shop.

I have to say, I lol'd last night while flipping through the channels. I landed on Discovery just in time to hear Steph cry to daddy because her fan page was all blowed up with people telling her how hot she is and that now that she's a 'star' it's so hard... [crying]

Okay which one of you glasses-needin mofo's has been harassing poor Steph? I guess beauty is in the eye, (or lack) of the beholder. I'm 45, old, fat, gray and semi-desperate. I wouldn't hit that with someone else's stick... [puke2]

Okay which one of you glasses-needin mofo's has been harassing poor Steph? I guess beauty is in the eye, (or lack) of the beholder. I'm 45, old, fat, gray and semi-desperate. I wouldn't hit that with someone else's stick... [puke2]

Yeah I dont get the eHardon for her either. Shes a girl. She has a vagina and 2 boobs. Shes not remarkable outside of the snaggletooth, accent and obnoxious personality presentable on the show.

I have to say, I lol'd last night while flipping through the channels. I landed on Discovery just in time to hear Steph cry to daddy because her fan page was all blowed up with people telling her how hot she is and that now that she's a 'star' it's so hard... [crying]

It wasn't me. [laugh]

She was crying because her boyfriend dumped her because of 'guys coming up to her on the street' and such. It was the first time I ever thought any part of this show wasn't completely bogus and staged.

This show bites. They build guns with bubblegum and duct tape. The only good this show has done is to let me know the exact level of hackery this shop employs so I will know never to shop there or buy a gun that was built or serviced by them.

What really pisses me off about this show isn't they they are hack jobs or staged arguments. I think some of what they do is probably high quality or really could be just some cardboard duct tape POS. They show none of the detail work. I can sum up every episode for you guys right here.

Show starts:
Father: Blah blah blah best ideas can be born doing this simple thing. I got it where gonna make blah blah blah.
Guy: Thats crazy!
Father: never been done before!
Comercial
People walk into shop with a stupid gun question or fix
Lay out plan for blah blah blah gun
Everyone: No way!
Comercial
Random gun fix takes away 10 minutes of special gun time
Comercial
Stupid gun is fixed and customer is like woah!
Random argument
Blah blah blah gun now has a problem
Comercial
Blah blah blah gun goes boom! Not in the way we NESer's want though.
Next time on Sons of Guns we build blah blah blah

+1

It also could be that the kid did not understand what Will was talking about. The tool the kid was asking for was the correct one. I think Will was pointing out that by placing the case in the chamber and measuring the ammount the case protruded from the end of the barrel, a measurement could be taken with calipers. Then that measurement compared to the original barrel to find out how much more material needed to be removed from the chamber to get the correct depth.

How accurate does that measurement need to be? +-.005? Then fine with calipers. +-.002 or better? Get depth mics [wink]

Back
Top Bottom