Need help showing up my wifes Ex. Its for the Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exes, kids and firearms are a scary combination, especially if the situation becomes really volatile and ends up in court. One 209A, issued at the request of an irrational ex, is all it takes. Goodbye guns, ammo, LTC, FID and kids! Tread very lightly here!

That would be my fear as well. One argument that results in a restraining order can really ruin things for you.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Evan comes back from vacation and runs up and tells his mother (I am at work at the time) that he went to a friend of his fathers house and was shooting tin cans with a .22 rifle.

I have introduced nearly a dozen kids to shooting over the years. Never would I take a child shooting without express parental approval.

Tin cans? You can can do way better than that. Shaving cream?, tannerite? The more reactive the target the more fun for the kids. What kid that age doesn't like to blow stuff up?

Bob

I have introduced nearly a dozen kids to shooting over the years. Never would I take a child shooting without express parental approval.

Tin cans? You can can do way better than that. Shaving cream?, tannerite? The more reactive the target the more fun for the kids. What kid that age doesn't like to blow stuff up?

Bob

I had actually thought of tannerite but don't most ranges in mass frown apon its use?

Seems like a typical two-faced new england douche, this guy wouldn't happen to be a thug now would he? "Do as I say, not as I do"!

Charles.

So for lack of a better word I'm Bulls**t at my wifes ex. Some of you may remember some of my posts on his douchbaggery about wanting to se all my paper work on all my guns when he found out that we had guns. You may also remember him S'ing his pants when he found out I got my stepson (his son) an air rifle for Christmas last year. This is also the guy who freak sack when his new fiance asked me and my wife to teach her how to shoot and his responce was "this is a gun free house". Now I have been practicing all summer with my stepson Evan (10) with the air rifle working our way up to hopefully trying a .22 LR at the end of summer before school. Last week the kids father took them on a trip to hershey PA for a week. No biggy great spot was happy for the kids. Evan comes back from vacation and runs up and tells his mother (I am at work at the time) that he went to a friend of his fathers house and was shooting tin cans with a .22 rifle.

Now don't get me wrong I was happy for him to be able to shoot it but I have to say I feel robbed of the first outing. Guns is our thing his father has never shown an interest and has always complained about them. My vision was for me his mother and his sister to have a family trip to the range to shoot his forst .22.

So I guess because I kind of want to stick it to his father, and give my stepson a great memory, does anybody have a barrett .50 in the general area of North Attleboro that wouldn't mind letting my son take a couple shots off of? I will pay for the ammo his mother is on the same page with me, we both think its the best way to beat a .22 and give him a great story to tell when he goes back to school.

thanks in advance- Bizz

****update ****
to all the people who read the OP but none of the posts I have calmed down and am no longer looking at having him shoot a .50 so you can relax

bring him to the next NES shoot and let him shoot a car with tannerite in it and get a video of it and give to your wifes ex for Christmas. And make him watch it in front of you.

Sorry, still stuck on melons...two liter soda water bottles are fun. You can get 'em full for .99 each.

I sh!t you not, I want to call my son now and see how he is doing...

Once they are 18+ they never seem to want to hang with Dad anymore.

Maybe with boys, come to think of it, I was out the door at 17.

Anyway, my girls have wanted to hang out, when it suits them.
My youngest says her guy friends have a man-crush on me.
I'm not exactly sure what that means, but they love going to the range.

Maybe with boys, come to think of it, I was out the door at 17.

Anyway, my girls have wanted to hang out, when it suits them.
My youngest says her guy friends have a man-crush on me.
I'm not exactly sure what that means, but they love going to the range.

rudiewhiteboy, yer their hero! (ferris bueller!)

Exes, kids and firearms are a scary combination, especially if the situation becomes really volatile and ends up in court. One 209A, issued at the request of an irrational ex, is all it takes. Goodbye guns, ammo, LTC, FID and kids! Tread very lightly here!

This is exactly what my ex did. She put a 209A on me but when the cops arrived I had no firearms in my house. Turns out when I got home that day I found all of them gone. She had removed them with a guy from her work who was licensed. When the pair of officers arrived I was home alone (she had moved out a week earlier to live with her dad) and they got on the loud speaker in the cruiser asking me to come out with my hands up as they had been told I was armed and dangerous. When they came inside and I told them all my guns had been removed I suggested they call my estranged wife. They were not very happy with her when she told them she had removed them. They then instructed her to take them to the station. I ended up having coffee with both of them and we all complained about women together.

Her basis for the 209A was I had used my CCW to shoot someone in an attempted robbery. Of course it was a pure self defense situation and I was never charged with anything but she claimed she was afraid. My hearing to appeal the 209A was 16 days later. On that day I came with enough witnesses to contradict every "fear" statement she had and the judge, a woman yet, threw out the 209A. I played it smart though and left my guns at the station (over a year) until everything was finalized and she had gone to live with Mr. Wonderful in NH. Luckily my LPD didn't charge back then for holding my firearms and most of the officers and the chief were friends of mine. I processed all their deer in my family butchering business.

In the case of the OP, both him and the stepson's dad seem to be OK with the firearms but I still recommended that all firearm activity with the bio dad be recorded. It's hard for the bio dad to come up with a reason to bitch when the complaint comes from one doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom