• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need help showing up my wifes Ex. Its for the Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for lack of a better word I'm Bulls**t at my wifes ex. Some of you may remember some of my posts on his douchbaggery about wanting to se all my paper work on all my guns when he found out that we had guns. You may also remember him S'ing his pants when he found out I got my stepson (his son) an air rifle for Christmas last year. This is also the guy who freak sack when his new fiance asked me and my wife to teach her how to shoot and his responce was "this is a gun free house". Now I have been practicing all summer with my stepson Evan (10) with the air rifle working our way up to hopefully trying a .22 LR at the end of summer before school. Last week the kids father took them on a trip to hershey PA for a week. No biggy great spot was happy for the kids. Evan comes back from vacation and runs up and tells his mother (I am at work at the time) that he went to a friend of his fathers house and was shooting tin cans with a .22 rifle.

Now don't get me wrong I was happy for him to be able to shoot it but I have to say I feel robbed of the first outing. Guns is our thing his father has never shown an interest and has always complained about them. My vision was for me his mother and his sister to have a family trip to the range to shoot his forst .22.

So I guess because I kind of want to stick it to his father, and give my stepson a great memory, does anybody have a barrett .50 in the general area of North Attleboro that wouldn't mind letting my son take a couple shots off of? I will pay for the ammo his mother is on the same page with me, we both think its the best way to beat a .22 and give him a great story to tell when he goes back to school.

thanks in advance- Bizz

****update ****
to all the people who read the OP but none of the posts I have calmed down and am no longer looking at having him shoot a .50 so you can relax

Last edited:
Dude, you're better than that. Don't sink to that level and start a shit show. Be happy that perhaps he'll stop being a douchebag and everyone can somehow get along. Maybe little evs has managed to convince his pops that it's not all bad, I mean, it is his dad, I know youre his dad too, but if his "blood" dad feels mabye he was being over the top, this could be a good thing. I know you probably feel a little bummed, but let it slide, just think he'll get to show his little bro how to shoot some day. That's way cooler in my opinion.......

ahhhhh **** it, lets take him with cpher to fire the gatling browning......[devil][devil2]

Last edited:
Just think too, if you over do it, you could set captain dickhead backwards and re-root his anti gun stance.

Dude, sounds like you converted the DB through being an awesome father to the DB's kid. Bask in it, don't get all in a bundle.

Dude, you're better than that. Don't sink to that level and start a shit show. Be happy that perhaps he'll stop being a douchebag and everyone can somehow get along. I know you probably feel a little bummed, but let it slide, just think he'll get to show his little bro how to shoot some day. That's way cooler in my opinion.......

ahhhhh **** it, lets take him with cpher to fire the gatling browning......[devil][devil2]

i agree'd until this portion.

the kid has a "real dad" - he should have a say in what the kid does / doesn't do to a point... you don't want to piss him off again and end up in court, or worse... calling DSS or something... it sucks but you got into a relationship w/ a woman with kids. suck it up IMO. plus 50 BMG? those things go through school buildings!!!! [laugh] (i think most 10 y/o could handle it, but not all)

i would try to set up the dad his girl to come shoot w/ you you have to deal with him for 8 more years. LOL. YMMV

A 50bmg for a 10 year old?

I would leave it alone if you want my honest answer. Why get in a pissing match and go back and forth, back and forth. A whole lot of drama that doesn't need to be created.

i agree'd until this portion.

the kid has a "real dad" - he should have a say in what the kid does / doesn't do to a point... you don't want to piss him off again and end up in court, or worse... calling DSS or something... it sucks but you got into a relationship w/ a woman with kids. suck it up IMO. plus 50 BMG? those things go through school buildings!!!! [laugh] (i think most 10 y/o could handle it, but not all)

i would try to set up the dad his girl to come shoot w/ you you have to deal with him for 8 more years. LOL. YMMV

That's the thing I'd be worried about man, I don't have the money to bail you out if you get into a complete all out shitshow with this guy [laugh] Let it lie, and hope that now the ex becomes a new gun guy.

So for lack of a better word I'm Bulls**t at my wifes ex. Some of you may remember some of my posts on his douchbaggery about wanting to se all my paper work on all my guns when he found out that we had guns. You may also remember him S'ing his pants when he found out I got my stepson (his son) an air rifle for Christmas last year. This is also the guy who freak sack when his new fiance asked me and my wife to teach her how to shoot and his responce was "this is a gun free house". Now I have been practicing all summer with my stepson Evan (10) with the air rifle working our way up to hopefully trying a .22 LR at the end of summer before school. Last week the kids father took them on a trip to hershey PA for a week. No biggy great spot was happy for the kids. Evan comes back from vacation and runs up and tells his mother (I am at work at the time) that he went to a friend of his fathers house and was shooting tin cans with a .22 rifle.

Now don't get me wrong I was happy for him to be able to shoot it but I have to say I feel robbed of the first outing. Guns is our thing his father has never shown an interest and has always complained about them. My vision was for me his mother and his sister to have a family trip to the range to shoot his forst .22.

So I guess because I kind of want to stick it to his father, and give my stepson a great memory, does anybody have a barrett .50 in the general area of North Attleboro that wouldn't mind letting my son take a couple shots off of? I will pay for the ammo his mother is on the same page with me, we both think its the best way to beat a .22 and give him a great story to tell when he goes back to school.

thanks in advance- Bizz

Your already showing up the ex by treating the kid like he's your own kid and just being a Dad.

I would leave it alone if you want my honest answer. Why get in a pissing match and go back and forth, back and forth. A whole lot of drama that doesn't need to be created.

yup. i've seen similar happen for stupid shit like a letting the kids drive a mini-bike, you know... those cheap electric ones they sell @ Pep Boys... Probate & Family / DSS combo up my cousins ass... time away from work, DSS up his ass... *before any one goes up "i'd tell them to piss up a rope"... you haven't seen their tactics.. ROFL. what saved my cuz was "it was age appropriate and the kid had a helmet" AFTER he got a lawyer. [rolleyes]

i can't even imagine if guns are mentioned..

yup. i've seen similar happen for stupid shit like a letting the kids drive a mini-bike, you know... those cheap electric ones they sell @ Pep Boys... Probate & Family / DSS combo up my cousins ass... time away from work, DSS up his ass... *before any one goes up "i'd tell them to piss up a rope"... you haven't seen their tactics.. ROFL. what saved my cuz was "it was age appropriate and the kid had a helmet" AFTER he got a lawyer. [rolleyes]

i can't even imagine if guns are mentioned..

Yup.

You never know what other people are capable of. I just don't see the point to creating even more drama, then I am sure is already there.

You're the step father, and I am sure there could be issues already. Leave it alone. If you **** with HIS kids, and he doesn't like it, this won't end well.

I think you one up'd him already.....all the BS he tossed around you and kid ONLY to go visit a friend of his own who then SAYS hey lets go shoot the 22!!
Whats dad going to do look like a complete dink in front of his friend and kid and so no WE ARE GUN FREE, not!!!! Now if you did not instill any shooting into this kid he might have just said, "nah, got xbox or something?" OR WORSE would have just looked at his dad and followed what ever answer he spouted.

You know when this guys friend asked the question, your son glared at his father with that....dont be a suck bag and say no look, you also got a side FU in with out even knowing it, his fiance asked YOU and his EX WIFE to take/teach them to shoot....dude she dope slapped him with out knowing.

you got one up on him already, your licensed, assume your wife is and can buy him his 1st gun! I doubt he is licensed ?

theres no end to the one up game

Last edited:
I think you one up'd him already.....all the BS he tossed around you and kid ONLY to go visit a friend of his own who then SAYS hey lets go shoot the 22!!
Whats dad going to do look like a complete dink in front of his friend and kid and so no WE ARE GUN FREE, not!!!! Now if you did not instill any shooting into this kid he might have just said, "nah, got xbox or something?" OR WORSE would have just looked at his dad and followed what ever answer he spouted.

You know when this guys friend asked the question, your son glared at his father with that....dont be a suck bag and so no look, you also got a side FU in with out even knowing it, his fiance asked YOU and his EX WIFE to take/teach them to shoot....dude she dope slapped him with out knowing.

Everyone is missing the entire point here, Evan has the potential to win bigtime. Two dads, no not that way, that like guns! Kid will be a expert marksmen getting more range time than most adults [laugh]

plus 50 BMG? those things go through school buildings!!!! [laugh] (i think most 10 y/o could handle it, but not all)

I envisioned a blanket rolled up to pad between his shoulder and the but of the rifle. esentially trying to lock down the gun and have him basically be a trigger puller not much aiming involved just for the experience

And to all you guys saying let it go I hear ya and any other day i would be with you but this guy is a douch, yes he is his Biological dad but anybody who knows me knows i am far more of a father then he. This was our thing and i'd be willing to bet his dad knew in the back of his mind this would erk me. its just how he is.

I wish I had words of wisdom but I have to agree the sentiments that what you are already doing is great. The outdoing each other will never end and your son will be stuck in the middle of it all.

My .02 take it for what it's worth.

Exactly right. You've already "won" The kid will remember who took the time to show him how to shoot that air rifle much more than getting to shoot a 22 on a trip with his asshat biological father. Just keep being there for him, that is far more important than any one small memory. The competition is abou you and the dbag, not about the kid.

Your already showing up the ex by treating the kid like he's your own kid and just being a Dad.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

this-----let it go. youll be happier in the long run. and your blood pressure will be lower

I envisioned a blanket rolled up to pad between his shoulder and the but of the rifle. esentially trying to lock down the gun and have him basically be a trigger puller not much aiming involved just for the experience

And to all you guys saying let it go I hear ya and any other day i would be with you but this guy is a douch, yes he is his Biological dad but anybody who knows me knows i am far more of a father then he. This was our thing and i'd be willing to bet his dad knew in the back of his mind this would erk me. its just how he is.

Thing is though, being that he is the biological father, he legally can make your life hell if he really wants. Technically, he has the ultimate trump card if he wants to play it. We just don't want to see you get bound up in some bullshit legal battle should you do something that would be nothing more than a cock swing. You know me, we've pulled some awesome one uppers to people, and some crazy get evens, and I'm as vengeful and vindictive as a mother ****er, but trust me when I tell you this, this has bad idea written all over it.

Besides, do you really want evan being the reason he accidentally shoots down a plane of nuns with one of those anti tank .50 bmgs? [rofl]

Last edited:

It sounds like you've made up your mind, no matter what advice you get here.

It's a big mistake. Kids don't need to be put involved in a pissing match between you 2. It's retarded and selfish.

HE is the biological father. He can do whatever he wants. Whether it irks you or not.

It sounds like you've made up your mind, no matter what advice you get here.

It's a big mistake. Kids don't need to be put involved in a pissing match between you 2. It's retarded and selfish.

HE is the biological father. He can do whatever he wants. Whether it irks you or not.

This. Just be the best person you can be and let it end at that. Harboring ill will and wanting to seek revenge is no way to live and it's not healthy.

No Barrett but my 2 cents as a dad. You have to figure this guy had an opportunity to give to it you while doing something nice for his son. This opens the door for you in the future to have many more outings with your stepson. I'm sure he will that know that if it weren't for you, he wouldn't have had the chance to shoot anything. Take a few deep breaths.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom