• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Natick gun buyback

Buybacks exist to seed a message that guns in the hands of "ordinary people" are so bad it is worth paying to disarm them.
Probably one of the best, spot-on posts I've seen here in a long time...These "gun buyback" (blah puke blah) things are just more of the indoctrination/brainwashing into the "Listen, sheep, all Guns are BAD" thought process by the towns/states/etc....Even when they're abject total "failures"...like the one last year in Boston when all the fuzz ended up with was a zip gun, a few Super-Soaker Squirt Guns and one rusted out "S&W Chief's Special 38" that one of the cops on duty probably secretly tossed into the collection box (after rummaging through his dearly departed BPD Patrolman Grandpa's collectibles in the old attic of the family home in Roslindale or Hyde Park)....etc.... Minnie Mouse Evans probably declared this buyback a "success" by claiming it shows that his strict enforcement has reduced the number of guns out there to the point where there's only a few antiques left, therefore "Yippeee for Minnie Me!"...etc etc...

Just sayin'

My letter to the editor is done. I will submit it in one week. I am not posting it for review since newspapers typically have a policy of not using letters previously published elsewhere.

The way to stop these things is to have a lot of people show up and explain that they have no intention of turning in their guns.

The line should be out the door and down the street.

I live in Natick and posted on that FB ad asking for the definition of Assault weapon and the Police pretty much said they had nothing to do with it.
"Natick Police Department The Administrators of the page can only interpret their own content. This was provided to us without inclusion in the production. Your question infers you want to enter into debate and we suggest if that is the case, you seek another forum."

"
Natick Police Department This is not a Police Department initiative."

One local gun shop posted saying they also buy guns.. Pretty funny.

I'd be shocked if more than 5 people show up this thing. And it will be some little old lady that has her deceased husbands old rifle sitting under her bed.

I live in Natick and posted on that FB ad asking for the definition of Assault weapon and the Police pretty much said they had nothing to do with it.
"Natick Police DepartmentThe Administrators of the page can only interpret their own content. This was provided to us without inclusion in the production. Your question infers you want to enter into debate and we suggest if that is the case, you seek another forum."

"
Natick Police DepartmentThis is not a Police Department initiative."

Woah, wait, hold up a second!

If this is not a police department initiative that makes it illegal under Mass law, does it not? Everyone involved must have LTCs and EFA-10s have to be filed for every single transfer, which in this case is going to possibly require an FFL if multiple firearms are involved.

Guessing the police will Offer their assistance to the people collecting the guns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If it's anything other than assisting them into the back of their cruisers to be transported down to the station then this is horseshit. [angry]

OK, I'll be the dumbass that throws himself to the lions...

At the last Natick buyback I brought in a couple old breaktops that I would never shoot because they were pre-smokeless powder and I was scared shit of them blowing up in my face, a broken old 16 guage, 4 old(very old) BB guns from my youth, none of which worked and a couple of my kids airsoft guns that we paid maybe $10 apiece for.

Also just as an FYI, I posted the breaktops here and no one stepped up to the plate to offer me anything for them. I also went to legitimate gun shops and they all laughed at the though of buying them.

So why should I/we be shamed into keeping trash in my/our safes when we can turn it into cash.

So was it worth it you ask, supporting the libtards and their fear mongering and propaganda? Well I am now the VERY HAPPY owner of a shiny new P320.
OHHH IT WAS SOOO WORTH IT! I took 9 chunks of metal and plastic and turned them in something I can actually shoot.

You wanna help the cause, take your kids or friends out shooting. Teach them to love the sport as much as we do.

Let the bashing begin.

~PH

Exercise your rights, Often.

You proudly helped the people that want to take away our rights. Congratulations.

The libs don't do this to keep the streets safer. They know it will have zero impact on public safety. They don't care how much they spend, and they certainly DGAF what you do with your blood money. All they care about is the money shot: The video at the end of the "event" that shows a table full of guns they "got off the street".

I cringe when I read some dumbass jubilantly exclaim that "we ran them out of gift cards!" You mean you helped them to achieve their goal, right? They wanted a certain number of guns on the table for the money shot, and once they got them "off the street", they stopped collecting.

I bet you didn't know that your guns were "on the street". Well, they were, because the people you sold out to bought the right to say whatever they want about your guns. You slunk in there under cover of anonimity, and sold out to Linsky.

So now, whenever a new piece of legislation is proposed to help combat "the gun problem", we get to see stock footage of a table full of your guns offered up as "proof" that a gun problem exists.

So now, whenever a new piece of legislation is proposed to help combat "the gun problem", we get to see stock footage of a table full of your guns offered up as "proof" that a gun problem exists.

libtards have no problem with lying. If they have no stock footage from Natick, they will take one from another place, time, country. They will claim that airsofts are assault weapons. It's no different how they generate fake stories about Mora's public support, lies, faking photos, misleading public. Doing nothing will do absolutely nothing to stop any of this nonsense.

The biggest problem fighting moonbats is using logic and rational arguments.

Actually, I apologize, one member (MAC) did step up and made me a cash offer, unfortunately it was half of what I could get at the buyback.

I didnt want to misrepresent the fact that there are people willing to "put their money where their mouth is", out there.

~PH

THIS

My old J C Higgins shotty I got "for free" is worth all of the $50 they're offering me. Ain't worth a nickel more. It's not interesting, it's not rare, and it's not 'quality'. It's not even scary, or "tacticool". It's just an old crap shotgun. Let's not wrap this up in the 2A flag and weep for the Republic.

I like where it says "no questions asked" and then right under it ID required, and we're going to record your license plate.... and we're going to take your picture..... so much for no questions. Where do they file all that information away?

I like where it says "no questions asked" and then right under it ID required, and we're going to record your license plate.... and we're going to take your picture..... so much for no questions. Where do they file all that information away?

Reading comp fail. The massive black NO refers to all four items.

I dont blame you, though. This thing reads like it was written and laid out by a junior higher.

Anyone want to look into the Metrowest Healthcare Foundation's charter and see if the use of the public charity's money for this purpose shouldn't be allowed? I'm not quite sure where to find that info, probably their 501c3 filing or equivalent MA public charity or incorporation document filing?

The trustees of the foundation should be admonished for wasting the money on something that has nothing to do with public health.

Anyone want to look into the Metrowest Healthcare Foundation's charter and see if the use of the public charity's money for this purpose shouldn't be allowed? I'm not quite sure where to find that info, probably their 501c3 filing or equivalent MA public charity or incorporation document filing?

The trustees of the foundation should be admonished for wasting the money on something that has nothing to do with public health.

Shouldn't be allowed, like the fact that there is no exemption in the law for gun buybacks, yet, they run them anyways.

Typical, when our BS laws aren't convenient for them to follow, they don't.

Last edited:

... or safety.

It's fun to joke about it, but anybody that turns in anything for any reason is helping the freedom grabbers.
I have an ancient rusted out revolver with the cylinder missing that was dug up by a dirtbike way out back of my property, how would me relieving them of $100 be helping the freedom grabbers?

Wasting town funds on this political feel good garbage vs looking at the statistics behind the issue....another embarrassing buyback.

Wasting town funds on this political feel good garbage vs looking at the statistics behind the issue....another embarrassing buyback.
I think this is independent funds, with the only public resources being the time for a cop to pick up the guns and possibly babysit the buyback.

EddieCoyle said:
It's fun to joke about it, but anybody that turns in anything for any reason is helping the freedom grabbers.

I have an ancient rusted out revolver with the cylinder missing that was dug up by a dirtbike way out back of my property, how would me relieving them of $100 be helping the freedom grabbers?

Yep, buy back threads are all the same.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...d-for-Lowell?p=5501330&viewfull=1#post5501330

I'd like some evidence that super-rich white suburbia Natick is even in need of gun-reduction to make it safer. Up next: Wellsley and Belmont. [rolleyes]

I think this is independent funds, with the only public resources being the time for a cop to pick up the guns and possibly babysit the buyback.

Good point, I missed the "funded by" tag. Just saw the " The Natick police will be partnering with..." and I looked away lol doesn't make it any less silly, waste of any single POs time.

I've been waiting for another buy back. I've got a Jennings .22 that I bought for $35. Now it's got a broken safety, broken extractor, and a missing firing pin. I also have a couple my cheap, pot metal, no name revolvers. I'll take a $100 each for that junk!

Back
Top Bottom