• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

We got kicked out of a gun buyback

To anyone thinking of participating in a gun "buyback":
  1. It doesn't matter that you're turning in a worthless or non-working gun.
  2. It doesn't matter what you do with the money they give you.
  3. It doesn't matter if the "gun" you turn in was hastily made from gas pipe and framing lumber.
  4. They don't care how much they spend.
  5. They're not interested in getting guns "off the streets" because they know what they're getting was never on the streets.
  6. They do it for the "money shot" of a police chief or two standing behind a table full of scary looking guns.
  7. Their goal is to frighten the masses into voting for their anti-gun agenda.
  8. If you participate in any way, you've helped them and you're the worst kind of freedom hating skinflint.
DON'T f***ING HELP THE ANTI-GUN POLITICIANS!!!

Marsha says an AR-15 stripped lower is an Assault Weapon.

Could somebody buy 100 $50 Anderson lowers and trade them in for $100 gift certificates?

I hate seeing so many people giving up their guns to the government. WTF. They will call this a huge success because of the massive turn out. 😡

Brandon Herrera is the man though.

People do it here.

"Hai guyz, check it out! I have this POS Ruger that doesn't work and I turned it in and got a $50 gift certificate to WalMart.. Those cops are sukerzz.. Can't wait to buy ammo with that $50 and take a liberal shooting!!"

In the meantime, the cops are posting pictures all over Facebook of the guns they collected and the white suburban middle aged virtue signaling housewives start shrieking in tears of joy about all the weapons of war they got off the streets and then call it a victory.

Unfortunately they are right, it IS a victory.

It doesn't matter if the gun is a POS not working rusted hunk of metal or a 200 year old BB gun, it is a gun to them and they don't know the difference nor do they care if it works or not. They got a gunowner to turn in a gun VOLUNTARILY to the police for nothing but a trinket and fooled the gunowner into thinking they "got over" or "fooled them".

From my cold dead hands, or a $50 giftcard seems to be the motto to a lot of gunowners.

I posted this in one of the older gun buyback threads, one of my town‘s police officers told me that some years ago an elderly woman, whose husband recently passed away, turned in a wwii grease gun that he had. The officer knew a lot about old firearms and told her it was an historic piece and worth a lot of money, but she insisted that it be destroyed because she hated gunz. I was actually talking to him about this when I saw him in passing a few months ago and he said that she called a few more times as she was cleaning out her attic and turned in what he is almost sure was a bring back ww2 Luger and an old 1911. He told her how much they could be worth and she didn’t want to hear it because it would be blood money or something like that.

Last edited:
People do it here.

"Hai guyz, check it out! I have this POS Ruger that doesn't work and I turned it in and got a $50 gift certificate to WalMart.. Those cops are sukerzz.. Can't wait to buy ammo with that $50 and take a liberal shooting!!"

In the meantime, the cops are posting pictures all over Facebook of the guns they collected and the white suburban middle aged virtue signaling housewives start shrieking in tears of joy about all the weapons of war they got off the streets and then call it a victory.

It doesn't matter if the gun is a POS not working rusted hunk of metal or a 200 year old BB gun, it is a gun to them and they don't know the difference nor do they care if it works or not. They got a gunowner to turn in a gun VOLUNTARILY to the police for nothing but a trinket and fooled the gunowner into thinking they "got over" or "fooled them".

From my cold dead hands, or a $50 giftcard seems to be the motto to a lot of gunowners.

Most gun owners are not RKBA advocates.

If they were the problem would be long over and antis would be socially on par with child molesters.

People do it here.

$50 gift card for betraying our cause? Strictly FUDD mentality.

I posted this in one of the older gun buyback threads, one of my town‘s police officers told me that some years ago an elderly woman, whose husband recently passed away, turned in a wwii grease gun that he had. The officer knew a lot about old firearms and told her it was an historic piece and worth a lot of money, but she insisted that it be destroyed because she hated gunz. I was actually talking to him about this when I saw him in passing a few months ago and he said that she called a few more times as she was cleaning out her attic and turned what he is almost sure was a bring back ww2 Luger and an old 1911. He told her how much they could be worth and she didn’t want to hear it because it would be blood money or something like that.
The Luger? OK. The M3 and the 1911 may very well have been stolen government property. If that M3 wasn't NFA registered and tax stamped, it would be a quick ticket to Club Fed for a decade.

Last edited:
I agree with most of what you guys are saying. I would say the exception would be the guy that 3d printed a ton of multicolored "guns" and brought them to a gun buyback forcing the town to come up with $21,000 in gift cards to compensate him. It was an interesting way to demonstrate the uselessness of buybacks

I agree with most of what you guys are saying. I would say the exception would be the guy that 3d printed a ton of multicolored "guns" and brought them to a gun buyback forcing the town to come up with $21,000 in gift cards to compensate him. It was an interesting way to demonstrate the uselessness of buybacks

That lever-action with the medallion on its stock looks like a BB gun. Hey, Ralphie! NY cops found your Daisy Red Ryder after all these years!

I posted this in one of the older gun buyback threads, one of my town‘s police officers told me that some years ago an elderly woman, whose husband recently passed away, turned in a wwii grease gun that he had. The officer knew a lot about old firearms and told her it was an historic piece and worth a lot of money, but she insisted that it be destroyed because she hated gunz. I was actually talking to him about this when I saw him in passing a few months ago and he said that she called a few more times as she was cleaning out her attic and turned what he is almost sure was a bring back ww2 Luger and an old 1911. He told her how much they could be worth and she didn’t want to hear it because it would be blood money or something like that.

I have dealer friend that had that same phone call. The old man had died and he widow wanted to get rid of the guns her husband had up in the attic.
WELL. The dealer found a Hiram Maxim and a German MP40.
He contacted his ATF agent to see if these were ever papered.
The Agent found paperwork for the Hiram but nothing for the MP40.
The Dealer chopped up the MP40 and a few days later the papers were found.
He was SO pissed.
He sent out the Maxim out to be completely refinished and it became his sons.

RC

Donut Operator constantly offers range days to other YouTube celebrities. That’s fine except when his followers ask to do a shoot with them his response is generally I don’t want armed internet randos around me because it’s a security concern

The guy is a “I’m pro-2A but…” grifter.

Like this

View: https://twitter.com/DonutOperator/status/1727032202838634574

Last edited:
I have dealer friend that had that same phone call. The old man had died and he widow wanted to get rid of the guns her husband had up in the attic.
WELL. The dealer found a Hiram Maxim and a German MP40.
He contacted his ATF agent to see if these were ever papered.
The Agent found paperwork for the Hiram but nothing for the MP40.
The Dealer chopped up the MP40 and a few days later the papers were found.
He was SO pissed.
He sent out the Maxim out to be completely refinished and it became his sons.

RC
As sad as it was to destroy an MP40, it is obviously much better than federal prosecution and imprisonment for possession of an unregistered machine gun.

Saw that last week. Pretty funny. And yes, there ARE a lot of Fudds in TX. . . and elsewhere. There IS no Free America. There is only Slightly Less Restricted America.

Probably not, but that took place in Austin, so the Boston of the South.
Not sure if you are referring to something else, but the gun buyback referenced in the video was in San Antonio. I realize that is somewhat close to Austin, but it wasn't in Austin specifically.

Not sure if you are referring to something else, but the gun buyback referenced in the video was in San Antonio. I realize that is somewhat close to Austin, but it wasn't in Austin specifically.
Whoops, I thought I saw one that said Austin. San Antonio isn't nearly as bad, but it's still a city, which is always a tough 2A location. Even Knoxville goes a little blue in a absolute sea of red.

I'll just say this: no matter how hard or how much you want buybacks to go away, they never will, so abuse them as much as possible by disrupting them like the guys in the video did, by bringing in a few bucks worth of 3D printed plastic and making 100x profit, or by bringing broken shit collecting dust that you'll never be able to sell or want to waste your time on.

IDK why wimpy pussies keep bringing in unregistered war trophy MG's that their grandfather's brought back. They knew back then those guns weren't in accordance with the NFA, that's why they brought them in and kept them! This is a big reason why I don't buy into the buy high quality argument that many in the 2A community repeat ad nauseum about how their grandchildren's grandchildren will inherit the gun you buy today; the reality is when the time comes that they're made illegal, your future grandkids are going to turn them in at a buyback for pennies on the dollar because they're good little sheep who want to buy weed or Taylor Swift Jr tickets with the money.

I posted this in one of the older gun buyback threads, one of my town‘s police officers told me that some years ago an elderly woman, whose husband recently passed away, turned in a wwii grease gun that he had. The officer knew a lot about old firearms and told her it was an historic piece and worth a lot of money, but she insisted that it be destroyed because she hated gunz. I was actually talking to him about this when I saw him in passing a few months ago and he said that she called a few more times as she was cleaning out her attic and turned in what he is almost sure was a bring back ww2 Luger and an old 1911. He told her how much they could be worth and she didn’t want to hear it because it would be blood money or something like that.

Should have beaten her half to death and called the ATF on her for possession of the M3. Stupid people like that deserve to rot in jail.

Should have beaten her half to death and called the ATF on her for possession of the M3. Stupid people like that deserve to rot in jail.
should have been done 50 years ago before she made this country of what it is today.
nothing happens by itself.

Back
Top Bottom